• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gun Laws- Positive or Negative?

Do you think Gun Laws are a positive thing?

• Yes

Votes: 108 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 40.0%

• Total voters

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I think having a gun is OK for protection, but we have to have laws that restrict how many guns and what kinds of guns people have. Also, we need laws to make sure that people who are f'd up in the head for some reason aren't able to get their hands on a gun.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I can't believe some of you are so ignorant...

Limiting guns and/or banning them will cause a spike in crime, we see that through some European countries. Remember the attack on the Arizona Congresswomen? If someone in the crowd would've had a gun that engagement would've gone completely different. Remember Fort Hood? A military base that you can't carry guns on? You think that would've gone different if someone in the audience had a gun?

Point is, the gun laws right now are fine, even a little strict. While we hear about the loons getting guns, we then learn it was the dealers fault in supplying someone with blatant past problems with a fully-loaded gun. Some of these criminals get guns off the black market...something no amount of regulations will stop.

If you really want to solve the crime problem, stop the Mexican drug cartels. That's one of the main ways these people get their guns.
Ummm unless you are an MP or on a live fire training mission, nobody has a loaded weapon on military bases. Sorry but it's true.

I don't know if things would have gone differently with the Congresswoman. I mean did she have security? Also just because there was armed citizens doesn't mean she wouldn't have gotten shot. It would probably increased the likelihood of the assailent getting shot/captured sooner.

spike241

I wouldn't own a gun even if I could. From what I've seen they are way too accessible in America.
Some people have said 'What if someone broke into my house with a gun?'
What if you're kid picked up that gun and shot their brother, sister etc with it?
There's plenty of bad things that can happen to you everyday but acting as if they ARE going to happen won't make things better.
If guns weren't so accessible then I think crime would go down. There'd probably be less 'spur of the moment' crimes because you wouldn't get anyone and everyone going around with a gun all the time.
If you really think you need a gun because you can't afford food then get a job! Seriously, or cut down what you spend on uneccessary stuff, like guns. I know people like that are in the minority though.

spike241

Have you seen kids climb? They're like little monkey ninjas (I wanted to say something more serious but that's the only way I can describe them).
The only way to stop them getting stuff is to lock it away...but then what do you do when that burglar comes to your house :/

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I wouldn't own a gun even if I could. From what I've seen they are way too accessible in America.
Some people have said 'What if someone broke into my house with a gun?'
What if you're kid picked up that gun and shot their brother, sister etc with it?
There's plenty of bad things that can happen to you everyday but acting as if they ARE going to happen won't make things better.
If guns weren't so accessible then I think crime would go down. There'd probably be less 'spur of the moment' crimes because you wouldn't get anyone and everyone going around with a gun all the time.
If you really think you need a gun because you can't afford food then get a job! Seriously, or cut down what you spend on uneccessary stuff, like guns. I know people like that are in the minority though.
You make some good arguements here, but I do see one flaw in yur logic. If guns were not as accessable crime would not go down, gun crimes might, but the swiss have more knife crimes than gun crimes as one study here showed.

Last edited:

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
No law is too strict when it comes to weapons. I'm sorry for what happened to your friend, but that's the least a state should do to preserve people's safety.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Have you seen kids climb? They're like little monkey ninjas (I wanted to say something more serious but that's the only way I can describe them).
The only way to stop them getting stuff is to lock it away...but then what do you do when that burglar comes to your house :/

which is why its the parents responsibility to establish the fact guns arent toys, teach them how it works, stay away, etc etc.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
i live in one of the two states to have concealed carry completely illegal.
and unless i'm mistaken, all purchase of fire arms are also completely prohibited with the exception of handguns (after a 48 hour waiting period).
though our useless governor is already working on changing that.

i agree with the people that think guns are completely useless.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
i live in one of the two states to have concealed carry completely illegal.
and unless i'm mistaken, all purchase of fire arms are also completely prohibited with the exception of handguns (after a 48 hour waiting period).
though our useless governor is already working on changing that.

i agree with the people that think guns are completely useless.
Guns have a purpose. It isn't a nice one either.

I actually applaud the information that a state not only banned the possession of but the sales of handguns/firearms. Not cause I approve of stripping our constitutional rights but because what good is banning something if it's still for sale? It does leave the guns in the hands of those who buy them illegally elsewhere, but it is at least a logical step by a politician!

darkcharizard58

Guns have a purpose. It isn't a nice one either.

I actually applaud the information that a state not only banned the possession of but the sales of handguns/firearms. Not cause I approve of stripping our constitutional rights but because what good is banning something if it's still for sale? It does leave the guns in the hands of those who buy them illegally elsewhere, but it is at least a logical step by a politician!

Its funny because in DC guns are legal, but there is no where to buy a gun in all of DC because of requirements of how far away the shops have to be from schools and residences. So you have to go out of DC to buy one. But then you cant bring it legally into DC, you need to get a license for it in DC. And the only shop that does that for you in DC hhas just foreclosed.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Its funny because in DC guns are legal, but there is no where to buy a gun in all of DC because of requirements of how far away the shops have to be from schools and residences. So you have to go out of DC to buy one. But then you cant bring it legally into DC, you need to get a license for it in DC. And the only shop that does that for you in DC hhas just foreclosed.
Ahh Oxymoronacy and our government hand in hand once again. Thanks for that tidbit Darkchar... I needed a good laugh!

darkcharizard58

Ahh Oxymoronacy and our government hand in hand once again. Thanks for that tidbit Darkchar... I needed a good laugh!

I thought youd enjoy it

No law is too strict when it comes to weapons. I'm sorry for what happened to your friend, but that's the least a state should do to preserve people's safety.
I thank you for this quote. Deeply.

You are the only person in all of Europa that spouts anything but nonsense when it comes to this issue.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
That's unfair. Luann has an opinion and is entitled to share it without smarmy remarks like that. Disagree if you like (like I do) but show some respect for alternate opinions.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη

actually, what i find amusing is that the possession of firearms isn't illegal here; it's completely legal to own them, i just think the state chooses not to sell them. it's also completely legal to carry one around in public, just as long as people can see it rather than toting it up your pant leg.

not so much loop holes as loop craters.

wats wrong with shootin the f*** outta somebody hoo cares