• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gurren Lagann

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
Didn't see a thread for it so

DISCUSS
the award winning mecha anime that leaves gundam in the dust (imo)

DarkXWolf12

It's on my plan to watch list, might see it in the next few weeks.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Every anime together in a nice 27 episode package. It has its ups and downs but mostly ups. I bet this thread will die soon, I don't know why, I just have that feeling.

Cobalt_Latios

Every anime together in a nice 27 episode package. It has its ups and downs but mostly ups. I bet this thread will die soon, I don't know why, I just have that feeling.
Maybe that's because this series has been exhausted in discussion? Maybe.

/CL

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I got really discouraged in watching this show because I heard it was all manly, had lots of fanservice, and of course, is mecha. However, I decided not to listen to anybody else and watch it for myself. I loved it.

I loved the characters, and moreover I loved the 'spirit' of the anime. I watched the anime around the time when I started realizing that my pessimism wasn't going to get me anywhere in my life. It took me back and I thought "this is beautiful" lol. Call me weird, but it's also why I love One Piece more now than I did when I first watched it back in early - mid 2007.

I also noticed that it was the first anime since Dragon Ball Z where I really felt I was into the action. That's very strange for me, action just isn't really my thing, but here it was actually entertaining. It's even more weird because before I watched the show I was always parading around saying "Giant robots fighting each other is not in the least bit entertaining."

The anime shocked me in how it was actually good. It's the only anime that I have watched in the last three years that has broken into my top 5 anime list.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I bet this thread will die soon, I don't know why, I just have that feeling.

I kinda have that feeling too but...

I started realizing that my pessimism wasn't going to get me anywhere in my life.

I love your post ParaChomp, and I love this show.

Yeah, I've made it pretty clear before that this is my all time favourite anime. I know this is going to sound lame as hell but it taught me to believe again. I only first saw it at the ending of summer before going off to university and I've already watched it over 5 times. It seriously inspired me. I love the characters, I love the artwork, I love the designs, I love the soundtrack, I love the comedy, I love the really intense moments, and most of all I love the spiral metaphor. It's something I take into serious consideration (I even got a core drill off Amazon and wear it every day ^_^') and it's a real good pick me up whenever I'm feeling down. The overall message of humanity's power to overcome all odds and accomplish anything combined with the literal presentation of that is what I love. They start off as a group of ruffians lower than the worms underground and end up bigger than galaxies! I know I sound like a rabid fanboy at this point but goddamn it's 4 in the morning and it's Gurren Lagann we're talking about so I don't really care.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
A show that helped me on my life's journey..Past all the intense over the top action, fanservice, and manliness, there is some pretty deep stuff in this series :]

Has anyone here seen(or at least watched scenes from)the movie by any chance? It's even more over the top XD Some scenes did stay the same, but there were some really nice edits in there.

Last edited:

LDSman

My (bee)drill wil pierce the heavens!!

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
By far the most epic anime I've ever seen. I can't see anything topping the scale of its climax anytime soon. Don't worry I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Has anyone here seen(or at least watched scenes from)the movie by any chance? It's even more over the top XD Some scenes did stay the same, but there were some really nice edits in there.

The movies are pretty good. I wouldn't recommend them to someone who wants to watch the series for the first time though. The added scenes (especially in the final battle) were spectacular.

My (bee)drill wil pierce the heavens!!

<_______<'

seendes

In a bleak future where humanity has been forced to live underground, in the fourteen year old boy named Simon was given the task of digging tunnels to expand his village. But Simon hit a brilliant device, and do many other friends, who use the power of robots to fight their oppressors and bring to the surface.

Blue_Horizon

Corrupted Master
In a bleak future where humanity has been forced to live underground, in the fourteen year old boy named Simon was given the task of digging tunnels to expand his village. But Simon hit a brilliant device, and do many other friends, who use the power of robots to fight their oppressors and bring to the surface.

Wow, what a summary, sounds like a bot lol.

Anyway, Gurren Lagann is a brilliant series, full of spirit. The characters especially make this a very enjoyable show to watch, they are all well-explored and fleshed-out, especially kamina, simon and yoko. Kamina still stands as one of my favourite anime character of all time, with Kyon and Toshirou.

Whenever I watch this, I get a smile on my face, it really lifts the mood with its infectious humor and attitude towards survival. And the action is so fluid, crazy and over-the-top that it's a blast to watch. The final battle was so fierce and well-animated (almost movie quality imo) that it was a fine end to the series. Definitely recommend to all anime-lovers, regardless whether you like mecha or not. This will make you like mecha, trust me!

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'm sorry, but I did not care for Gurren Lagan in the slightest. For example, quotes like "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!" Sound exhausted and corny, as if they were trying to hard to sound cool. One of my main problems is that guy who keeps calling the enemies "FURBALL!" IMO, it's actually kind of offensive to me. Probably because I just so happen to be a furry, and the way he says "Furball," he might as well just be saying "Furfag." I don't think anyone was as happy to see him die as much as I was, to be honest. I know there were some beast-men that happened to become goodguys, but I'd feel a lot better if they weren't the most human looking. One guy has crooked eyes and nothing else, another had fangs and nothing else, and another guy just looks strong. Doesn't really convince me you're part animal, to be honest. Not to mention, some of the character and mech designs looked annoying. There were these pink puffball characters that looked really retarded, as well as a mech that looked like the Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time banana. Also, that little "pig-mole" character, next to that overrated Tony Chopper, was probably the most annoyingly uncute pet character I've ever seen in an anime, and for once in my days of watching anime, it was the first time a cute character made me want to shoot it. But unlike the anti-furry dude, it doesn't get a gruesome ending. Also, I notice that the humans and beast men did pair up to fight a greater threat, so just so people understand I did watch the last episode.

I'm probably just thinking about it too much, because nothing except that guy who keeps yelling "FURBALL!" was obvious enough to even be considered Anti-Furry. Now, let me just mention a show called Spiderman Unlimited. Despite a badguy roster made up mostly of anthropomorphic animals, there was nothing in it that actually screamed "anti-furry," it was mostly just an idea. ...A dumb idea, but an idea none the less.

Last edited:

RedMage23

The Red Mage
^^^
Trying very hard not to wish for your death...

Anyway, Gurren Lagann is a personal favorite, but it's far from the highest quality anime. It's essentially trying way too hard to be the coolest thing ever... and coincidentally succeeding.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
It's essentially trying way too hard to be the coolest thing ever.

Pretty much this.

Also, having a different opinion is no reason to wish death on someone. ...Being a furry is no reason, either.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I counted 1 pink explosion in this series. It made me upset!