• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

G'UU'ns n' Roses

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Intro
Hello people, you may have seen me around a bit, rating teams and such. But now it is my turn to make a thread, and as you may have guessed this is a UU team, themed around two of the most potent attackers from the UU Metagame. One day I was just lurking around some forums listening to music, and for a while I had wanted to find a use for Magmortar in OU as he is such a beast to stop, then I thought "Hey, why not in UU?" and Guns n' Roses came on and that just sealed the deal.

http://i38.*******.com/wveoaw.jpg​

So with this in mind I set out to make a wicked cool team around these Roserade and Magmortar, and here is a quick look at the final product!

Glance

141.png
452.png
101.png
dpmfb407.png
80.png
467.png

Now you've seen them, let's take a closer look now shall we?​

141.png

Kabutops @ Focus Sash **Slash
Adamant
Swift Swim
6Hp 252Atk 252Spe
-Aqua Jet
-Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Yup, that crazy fossil fish thingy you used to get in R/B has actually done something outside of a Rain Dance team for once in the millenia it has been around xD

He is a fantastic lead, functioning somewhat like an Anti-Lead Lucario or Mamoswine. Hitting hard with either STAB Stone Edge or STAB Waterfall, then Aqua Jet is used to finish off weakend foes, or those holding on with a Focus Sash. Together they get fantastic coverage, only resisted by Dry Skin Toxicroak, Shedninja or Quagsire (Empoleon too, but I'd like to see him in a UU Battle >.<) Stealth Rock is there for residual Damage, and keeping that darn Yanmega from switching in too often.

So far he has been working well, the only things I have found troubling is Ambipom as he breaks my Sash with Fake Out. Though he can't really do a whole lot more than that. I'm thinking perhaps a Lum Berry so Roserade Leads that try for Sleep are then KOed by Stone Edge + Aqua Jet, however, that Sleep Powder could just as easily be an Energy Ball, which would KO without Sash, and I have a perfectly fine counter to Roserade anyway.

Named Slash as well, duh, he has Scythes for hands.

452.png

Drapion @ Leftovers **Sweet Child O' Mine
Careful
Battle Armor
220Hp 12Atk 176SpDef 100Spe
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Crunch
-Earthquake

"Woah, woah, woah, woah sweet child of miiine, woah, woah, woah, woah sweet love of miiine."

Rest Talk Drapion is my answer to Mismagius and can even take down the new Sub Nasty Plot Variants and is never 2HKOed by either +2Shadow Ball or HP Fighting. Utilising Sleep Talk also means that he is a very solid switch-in for Kabutops against Roserade Leads, taking either Energy Ball or Sleep Talk, and posing an immediate threat to that Flower.

Rest and Sleep Talk are self explanitory, they are there to get rid of annoying status and to restore Drapions Hp in times of need. Crunch is for STAB and to take out Mismagius, EQ is for coverage and more power against Registeel than Brick Break, although it would provide more coverage.

Sweet Child O' Mine as this is my set that I invented ^.^ the EVs hit a max Lefties number, SpD is a Jump Point, Spe lets me outrun Max Speed Absol and anything that tries to to outrun him by one point. The remainder was then put in Attack for a bit of kick.

101.png

Electrode @ Leftovers **November Rain Testing either Moltres or Rotom in place of Electrode
Timid
SoundProof
236Hp 138SpAtk 136Spe
-Thunder Bolt
-Taunt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Explosion/Thunder Wave

I'd do a quote, but I don't really like November Rain much mysef much so I don't know any :s

Again a set of mine. An Electrode not used as a lead? Madness surely. Well this is my best option against that beast known as Yanmega (who will hopefully be moving to BL soon :) ) He is immune to Bug Buzz due to his ability, Sound Proof, and can fire off STAB Thunder Bolts in return, unfortunately he falls to those with HP [Ground] but against Specs and versions lacking Hidden Power, he does a great job. He also checks Swellow as he outruns and KOes easily.

Thunder Bolt is for STAB and Yanmega, and is Electrodes primary means of dealing damage, Taunt is for stopping those Stall type teams/pokemon like Clefable (grr, I hate that thing), Hidden Power Ice is for a faux Bolt-Beam Combo and is very handy against Dugrtio, though unfortunately doesn't OHKO. Then either Explosion or Thunder Wave, I have tested each, and so far am leaning toward Thunder Wave but I am not 100% convinced.

Electrode doesn't really seem to do a whole lot on this team, and adds to my horrible Ground weakness, which I am looking to get rid of. I am thinking of making him Modest and using a bit less Hp, Max Speed and more SpA to get KOes on those such as Dugtrio.

EVs are a max Lefties number, SpA OHKOes Yanmega if I am correct, Speed outruns Swellow. Called November Rain, as he is usually a Rain Dance lead on most teams that he is on.

407.png

Roserade @ Life Orb **Welcome to the Jungle
Modest
Natural Cure
48Hp 208SpAtk 252Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power Ground / Synthesis

"You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna die!"

The first of the duo of this teams namesake. The standard Smogon LORoserade with a twist. I was looking through sets that had been mentioned and this one caught my eye. However I have forgone the recovery of Synthesis for Type Coverage and Roserades trademark Sleep Powder. Of the 7 or so battles I have had thus far, Roserade has done severe damage to the opposing team, often netting 1-2 KOes.

Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb are STAB then HP Ground rounds off the coverage, while Sleep Powder is the best option for those who Roserade would rather not contend with. Just for a comparason, this things' Leaf Storm is plenty stronger than NewMixMences Draco Meteor. Scary no?

EVs allow for Minimal Residual damage from LO and SR, Speed then outruns Max Speed Neutral base 75's, most notably Absol. SpAtk is then what is left, which is strong enough to OHKO Milotic, the most Specially bulky of Bulky waters in UU. Welcome to the Jungle, as Roserade is a plant itself.

80.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers **Patience
Bold
Own Tempo
212Hp 216Def 32SpAtk 48Spe
-Surf
-Psychic
-Slack Off
-Toxic

"We just need a little patience"

Ahh, Slowbro, the Defensive core of this team. Making sure that I am not worn down by attacks, Slowbro is always there to take some hits wherever necessary. He counters the ever present CBAzumaril and also is exceedingly helpfull with the huge amount of SD Feraligatrs that I have seen lately. He is often the target of Toxics from apposing Bulky Waters, leaving them open to a Roserade switch-in and subsequently, a Roserade sweep.

Surf is for STAB and Fire Type sweepers such as Blaziken and Arcanine among others, Psychic is for imposing Grass Type switch ins like Venasaur or Roserade. Slack Off is then for Recovery which is complemented nicely by Toxic, letting mah 'Bro stall sweepers with impunity.

The EVs are again mine, but fairly basic. A Leftovers Recovery number, Defense hits a Jump Point, then Speed lets me outrun Min Speed Spiritomb, giving me an oportunity to pull off a Toxic before I am KOed by STAB Dark or Ghost attacs. Patience, as he is (as already said) the defensive core to this team, and prevents me from using resistances for switch ins too often.

467.png

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf **Sympathy for the Devil
Modest
Flame Body
52Hp 240SpAtk 212Spe
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ice

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"

The "Guns" to Roserade's "Rose" Magmortar has power to spare. He can pull off 2HKOes with Fire Blast, even if the enemy is resistant to Fire, but with such great coverage as this it isn't often necessary. He is a good pair with Slowbro, as with HG/SS giving Feraligatr Aqua Jet, and Azumaril running rampant, Magmortar is always glad of a solid Water Resist. I had never thought a Choiced pokemon was able of actually sweeping untill I had seen This tank in action, he is also a great revenge killer.

Fire Blast is for STAB and is the primary move of this set, Thunder Bolt and HP Ice together provide that psuedo Bolt-Beam combo, for amazing Type Coverage. Focus Blast is mostly filler, as it's accuracy is a little shakey at the best of times. Thunder Bolt is also very handy for those Water Types who think they have a free switch into Maggy.

EVs allow me to outrun Swellow, making another decent check there, and even more importantly, they let me outrun Dugtrio, who could otherwise be a big issue here. HP allows (like with Roserade) for Minimal Residual damage, them the remainder is dumped into SpAtk to make him the deadly attacking force that he is. Named thus, as, well I like that song

Problems thus far: 1) Electrode hasn't done much so far, if anything.
2) I have an unresisted Ground weakness. So maybe a Ground resist over Electrode who can deal to Yanmega to some extent?

Thanks for reading, but I guess my part is done, so now it is up to YOU to Rate Mah (sweet as) Team :D

Edit: Ooh Rank Up too.

Last edited:

calum

Banned
Well, the simple way to get rid of your Yanmega weakness is to run a Moltres over Electrode and give Kabutops Rapid Spin, which is what I do on my teams. Usually I run Waterfall and Aqua Jet, but Stone Edge works.

Im not too sure what Moltres spread will do, as I have never ran one like that.

Also on Roserade you will find much more use for Synthesis over HP Ground.

The final thing you could do, but you will lose a lot of power, is to run Timid and Max on Maggy to outrun +1 Modest Yanmega (speed boost variants)

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Moltres sounds like a good idea, I shall begin testing that out. And would you then say run Rapid Spin > Stealth Rock? I look foward to coming up with a Moltres spread in the near future. However would you suggest an offensive or defensive spread for 'Tres?

I will test out Synthesis then, though thus far I don't think Roserade really has a chance to heal all that often.

That would be ideal, but however most Yanmega will use Protect, to both scout and net a free Speed Boost, which would then end in Magmortar being outrun and KOed.

PS: That Kabutops banner is cool :)

Edit: Unfortunately, I am going overseas with my family for a week and a bit, so I won't be here to answer rates.

Last edited:

calum

Banned
That would be ideal, but however most Yanmega will use Protect, to both scout and net a free Speed Boost, which would then end in Magmortar being outrun and KOed

I mean after they protect you will still be faster if they run Modest

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Ah, assuming that they Protect on the switch.

Well I'll see how it works out.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Bump, sorry about the wait but I'm back and I have some changes:

-1: Maybe drop some SpD on Drapion, I only need to not be OHKOed by NP HP [Fighting], unless I let Missy get up both a Sub and a Nasty Plot, which would be rather foolish.

-2: On that note, maybe drop Rst/Talk and chuck either Rock Slide or Roar on Drapion, to have a way of keeping Yanmega out of the way. Though if I use Roar, then I will need SR on Kabutops as well as RS for Moltres, meaning Rotom might be the better option. But with Rock Slide, SR is negligible so I could use Rapid Spin, so I could use Moltres

-3: I have no Flying Resist (I.e: Yanmega's Air Slash) Maybe a Rotom over Moltres as my Ground Resist?

-4: Basically it boils down to: (Rock Slide + Rapid Spin -Stealth Rock + Moltres) OR (Roar + Stealth Rock - Rapid Spin + Rotom)

So what do you think?

Last edited: