• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guzzlord Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!! (1083)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Perhaps the humans bodies in the Pokemon world work differently. I remembered back in XY when Ash's Fletchinder perched on Ash's shoulder, I wondered why he didn't collapse by its weight.
You mean the kid who had Hippopotas on his head and carried Larvitar like it was nothing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, to summarize the episode:

Guzzlord, he scream.

Guzzlord and James share a VA, so that's hilarious.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Why must our English dub suck so much. This is why crazy Latin American James is the best.

(...Wait a minute, I'm Latin American...)
I miss Ash's Quebec dub. It was hilarious because he didn't sound like a kid at all compared to the American English dub, along with their unique slang I grew up with, along with The Simpsons & The Flintstones. Too bad, it got replaced by the France dub and people would be weirded out because Quebec fans uses the Pokemon names in English instead of the French ones.
Man, the dub is gonna suck when they replace the hilarious screaming with deep roars
The part where Bewear threw Guzzlord away was the most hilarious imo. It was like: AAAAAaaaaaAAAAaaaaAaahhh! Boom! XD

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Every time I post about the S&M anime, I almost feel bad because I usually make it apparent that I absolutely despise this series. I love the Pokemon anime, except since S&M began... But the response to garbage episodes like these (In the LEAGUE, no less) makes me feel at least somewhat validated. This episode had literally no reason to exist. Naganadel? Cool, make the episode revolve around THAT, not some filler-ass 'mon we've dealt with 20 episodes ago. God, I'm praying Sword & Shield goes back to X&Y's formula

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Like I said, I liked the episode, but agree with some complaints here
A LOT of things happened in a single episode, and imo it could be even more rushed
Guzma not coming back was bad too, but I think he's restructuring Team Skull at the moment
The Z-Move scenes were pretty nice and exciting, even though at the end of the day they are just a lot of stock footage. Like ash-greninja said, not cutting the animations made every Z-Move feel special, and Type:Wild made the moment even more epic(it fits more than in the Lycanroc flashback)
And the Guzzlord screams and TR scenes were priceless, including the motto

Soniman

Break the Limit
Was a waste of time and mostly mindless fanservice but...at least were past it now? Lmao

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Good job Ash, sending Guzzlord to a colony of Poipole

I'm sure that won't end terribly or anything when Poipole goes home and finds its entire family missing

Also good job to Gladion, Kiawe, and Hau, who instead of not letting Guzzlord come out of wormhole, elected to stand idly by and let it emerge

And a resounding great job to the Kahuna and Tapu, who are the only ones to handle their Guzzlord competently, even if they missed out on showing off Guardian of Alola in their defense of Alola

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Good job Ash, sending Guzzlord to a colony of Poipole

I'm sure that won't end terribly or anything when Poipole goes home and finds its entire family missing

Also good job to Gladion, Kiawe, and Hau, who instead of not letting Guzzlord come out of wormhole, elected to stand idly by and let it emerge

And a resounding great job to the Kahuna and Tapu, who are the only ones to handle their Guzzlord competently, even if they missed out on showing off Guardian of Alola in their defense of Alola
Don't worry. Those Guzzlords are probably being sent in No Pokemon/UB/Humans's land and away from Poipole's homeland thanks to the writers plot skills.

Wasn't it like that in all turn-based JRPGs as well, in which the Pokemon anime is inspired of? Just wait until the opponent goes in full capacity/power then engage.

The Tapus wouldn't care if the Kahunas handle the threats before they do. They aren't not that ambitious to get the spotlights, unless things are getting really out of hand.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Man, the dub is gonna suck when they replace the hilarious screaming with deep roars
To me, it just sounds like they just deepened the Japanese audio and scrambled it a little. It's still got the same places where it's breathing.

Alolan Champion

Nope. This episode is expendable. The other one actually had a premise ever since Hau was given the gift of anime life (waaaaaaaay too late) that ended with...that.
He was going to lose afterwards anyway and once again Rowlet was obviously tired. If Hau actually deserved the win, he should’ve beaten Ash when Rowlet woke up

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
“I am he who shares the will of Melemele Island and the Guardian Deity Tapu Koko, the Island King! The time has come to unite our strengths as one! Full-Power Peerless Fists of Fury!”

“Roar, heartbeats of life! O echoes of the bedrock, piercing through the heavens and earth, go, World’s End Fall!”

“May the full power of darkness consume you! Black Hole Eclipse.”

“Vast roots spreading through Poni Island’s soil, bestow upon us your power! Rising Land Over!”

“Dazzling lights, dance! Engrave into the battlefield the name of the ultimate fighter! Ultimate Dragon Burn!”

“My full body, soul, and power, the zenith of all that I am, become a blazing flame that burns like the mountain of Akala! Dynamic Full Flame!”

“Silent ruler of the forest, Decidueye! Here we go! Shadow Arrow Strike!”

“Snow, silently fluttering down from the heavens, countless glimmering crystals of ice. O freezing Z that covers the land, along with my heated soul, return now once more to the heavens. Raging Geo-Freeze!”

“Feel the sprouting grass and trees, and the breath of the forest! Bloom Shine Extra!”

“Embraced by our mother the sea, echo beyond the horizon! Sea God’s Symphonia!”

“Our systems match up perfectly! Full-power program, run! Absolute Predatory Spin-Out!”

"This is our full power! Sparking Gigavolt!"

-

I think they needed more Z-Moves
The episode felt like it was lacking a few

Last edited:

Cradily17

Wow! This episode alone was more hype than the entirety of the Team Flare arc, and the Mohn arc hasn't even started yet! Everyone got to contribute and show off their epic Z moves, and Naganadel... so excited to see it join Ash again after evolving. Now he has both a mythical AND an Ultra Beast. Trying to be the next Tobias, are you Ash? lol jk. I especially love how Team Rocket's plans changed from capturing Pokemon to saving Bewear and her child. They can really be good guys when they want to, huh?

Remix2

This episode really feel like they want to recreate the team flare arc but don’t have the time, the writing and the animations budget to pull it off.

Last edited: