• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guzzlord Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!! (1083)

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Remember when the JP version seriously thought it was a good idea to have a terrifying creature like Guzzlord sound like some hobo doing a shitty impression of Tom Cat, and how that further killed the already-dead credibility of the claim that the JP version is better than the dub (a claim which, as good as PM2019 JP is, still doesn't hold water)? Seriously, everyone who ever saw this saga in Japanese-only got ripped off.

Guzzlord sounding like an actually terrifying monster is just one of many mistakes in this saga's JP self alone that the dub fixed.

Honestly, once PM2019's dub comes around, a part of me will miss being able to say that only the dub is watchable.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it ironic a clip of this video on the official Pokemon Youtube channel can be commented on despite being for kids, which is a big no-no for the COPPA preventing kids from commenting in videos made for them.

I guess the target audience was for older people all along...

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Remember when the JP version seriously thought it was a good idea to have a terrifying creature like Guzzlord sound like some hobo doing a shitty impression of Tom Cat, and how that further killed the already-dead credibility of the claim that the JP version is better than the dub (a claim which, as good as PM2019 JP is, still doesn't hold water)? Seriously, everyone who ever saw this saga in Japanese-only got ripped off.

Guzzlord sounding like an actually terrifying monster is just one of many mistakes in this saga's JP self alone that the dub fixed.

Honestly, once PM2019's dub comes around, a part of me will miss being able to say that only the dub is watchable.
It was kinda "so bad it's good" at first tbh, though thinking it again, seeing a giant demonic creature screaming like an old man in pain is, while not exactly terrifying, really disturbing. The dub did make a pretty great job with the screams though.
Is it ironic a clip of this video on the official Pokemon Youtube channel can be commented on despite being for kids, which is a big no-no for the COPPA preventing kids from commenting in videos made for them.

I guess the target audience was for older people all along...
COPPA:grr, those ones got away. We'll get ya next time, punks!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Guys, I think Ash winning a league broke the universe. It's the only logical explanation for how three different Ultra Wormholes could bring three different Guzzlord to the same place at the same time.

On a more serious note, this episode was on the awkward side for sure. I wouldn't call it bad, it was certainly interesting, but it just felt like they did less with the concept than they should have. Everyone was basically standing around and statically firing moves at the Guzzlord. With such a powerful opponent, I would have appreciated something more dynamic and intense. And then there was the five minutes straight of Z-Moves. Not really sure who thought that would be entertaining to watch. Might have been interesting if we just got a wide-shot of everyone doing the poses all at once.

Best part of the episode was definitely Team Rocket. Them and Beware actively fighting Guzzlord was most entertaining segment of the episode.

Oh, and isn't that convenient, Naganadel coming back right before Ash is about to fight in a six-on-six. Hmm...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
We don't even know if the match was strictly a 6-on-6. I mean, Ash and Lusamine are the only people with a full team in the whole region. No one else even has 4 Pokemon.

I'm assuming it is, but I suppose that after the three-on-three league finals, nothing's ensured.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm assuming it is, but I suppose that after the three-on-three league finals, nothing's ensured.
That's also another problem. Way too many people don't even have 3 either. Besides Kiawe, the other classmates don't have 3. Lillie was the most screwed (no saying her mom could have lent her Pokemon since this isn't and wasn't a thing for Lillie before).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's also another problem. Way too many people don't even have 3 either. Besides Kiawe, the other classmates don't have 3. Lillie was the most screwed (no saying her mom could have lent her Pokemon since this isn't and wasn't a thing for Lillie before).

No doubt about it, part of the issue with the league feeling so incomplete was that they decided to force so many people with such small teams into it. Gotta love how everyone with only one or two Pokémon get knocked out before they get to the third round.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm not sure where the fanservice was. Ha ha.

the Z move spam

This episode really feel like they want to recreate the team flare arc but don’t have the time, the writing and the animations budget to pull it off.

Well it's simple. In XY&Z, the Flare was the true finale, so they rushed and botched the league. In SM, the Kukui battle is the true finale, so they rushed and botched the Guzzlord

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I don't fav slideshows.
That awkward moment when the slideshow is the best animation some characters have gotten over the series' run

Also the fact Ash completely changes character during the Z-Move since they never bothered to update his design during it - you can tell because his eyes suddenly leap to the opposite sides of his face when he uses it

Three Guzzlords randomly appear. Stupid.
Disappointed that Bewear could not defeat Guzzlord but she still did good and I absolutely love how she was protecting her baby and that TRio recognized that. Loved that scene.
Naganadel comes back to, great.