• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guzzlord Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!! (1083)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1083.jpg

Guzzlord Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

The Alola League Trophy Ceremony got interrupted by the opening of an Ultra Wormhole and the mysterious Ultra Beast Guzzlord coming through and starts devouring the League venue. Ash, the Island Kahunas, his friends and the Masked Royal all must band together to stop the Ultra Beast from destroying the world. However, this Guzzlord is not the only Ultra Beast comin through the Ultra Wormhole...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Dear OLM: You have more than one battle theme at your disposal. I really wish you'd remember this soon because the overuse of A Heated Fire Showdown is becoming downright comical.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Episode was a total mess. It was definitely low budget, with the stock Z-Move footage filling up most of it.

But it's unforgivable that they sabotaged Naganadel's introduction in the worst way. It was so rushed, you don't have time to realize that it learned Thunderbolt because of Pikachu.

Also, Naganadel's voice is worse than as a Poipole. By a lot, hahaha.

Sonnas

Episode was a total mess. It was definitely low budget, with the stock Z-Move footage filling up most of it.

But it's unforgivable that they sabotaged Naganadel's introduction in the worst way. It was so rushed, you don't have time to realize that it learned Thunderbolt because of Pikachu.

Also, Naganadel's voice is worse than as a Poipole. By a lot, hahaha.
How much of a mess was this episode?
Also did Ash and the gang had to suit up to their Ultra guardian costumes?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I'm hesitant to do a summary because it makes the episode look better than it was. The ideas are solid, but the execution...eh.

-Three Guzzlords attack Manalo Stadium at once, one normal and two shiny.
-They all have Shinichiro Miki as voice actors, so the black one might not be the same as from the Ultra Ruin
-Aether Foundation believed Ash about him going to a parallel world and were prepared for this new UB.
-Bewear beats up the black Guzzlord but is defeated after Stufful falls off her back.
-Team Rocket, in their Bewear mecha, blast off carrying her.
-The Tapus and Kahunas attack the black Guzzlord and defeat it with 4 Z-Moves and the Tapu attacks
-The children defeat the first shiny Guzzlord with 6 Z-Moves after Hau traps it with Spirit Shackle
-Kukui's Lucario is OHKO'd by the second shiny Guzzlord
-Naganadel opens a new Ultra Wormhole after the first Shiny Guzzlord's Ultra Wormhole closes
-Naganadel knows Thunderbolt
-Naganadel performs Gigavolt Havoc with Kukui alongside Ash in reference to the twin Gigavolt Havocs of Ash and Dia
-Kukui's mask falls off in the process

Preview:

-Kukui opens his match with Incineroar, who defeats (?) Lycanroc and battles Torracat. So perhaps Ash isn't battling him in a 6v6!!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Main thing I figure with how much stock footage and standing around talking there was in this episode, they probably wanted a bit of a buffer before the final battle with Kukui. I mean, it's been known for a while that Tomioka is writing for it, and since it is the end of the League arc it seems fairly reasonable to assume that they want to go all out in making it the best it can be. So, let's do an episode that technically has a lot of action in it while still not requiring much animation at all since almost all of it is recycled footage!

I mean it makes sense... Though for what will almost certainly also be the final Ultra Beast episode it's a bit of a whimper to go out on.

Last edited:

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
The Naganadel sequence had the potential to carry the episode by itself. A teary reunion, the revelation that Naganadel learned Thunderbolt due to its love for Pikachu, and the Naganadel/Pikachu dual Gigavolt Havocs...it's like one person came up with a nice idea, but instead of building the episode around that, they shoved it into a 2 minute scene at the end of the episode.

This episode is like an answer to the people who wanted more action in the league. The mindless action actively hurt the more interesting drama. It makes me so upset to see good ideas squandered like this.

Xuxuba

How much of a mess was this episode?
I am only 1 minute in and it already had 3 really cringy moments: Kukui's comical reaction to Guzzlord, Lusamine once again making tech appear out of nowhere by pressing one button and TR's mecha surprising everyone just to knock themselves out in 2 seconds.

Honestly, this is just what happens when this series tries to do serious plot, but multiplied about a hundred times.

Sonnas

I am only 1 minute in and it already had 3 really cringy moments: Kukui's comical reaction to Guzzlord, Lusamine once again making tech appear out of nowhere by pressing one button and TR's mecha surprising everyone just to knock themselves out in 2 seconds.

Honestly, this is just what happens when this series tries to do serious plot, but multiplied about a hundred times.
So basically it still having doing Comedy even when the situation is serious? Why am I not surprised.

Xuxuba

So basically it still having doing Comedy even when the situation is serious? Why am I not surprised.
So far, yeah. But the jokes aren't landing.

Also, the characters seem to be standing still a lot in this episode.

RedR

"The Semi-Final Frontier!" is probably my favorite league battle episode. Why? Because even after the battle with Paul, Ash still had another great challenge ahead of him, and even though he lost, KO'ing two of his opponents Pokemon showed that he has what it takes to one day be a winner of a Pokemon League competition.

So now years later, not only does Ash win the Alola league, he also has a team which includes two mythical/legendary/epic Pokemon and is about to take on the "Champion" of Alola! That's just like Tobias having some uber Pokemon, and now Ash has some, too!

The student has become the teacher.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Three guzzlords attacking simultaneously looks almost like the universal order itself is very pissed because Ash won a regional league. Or these are the ultra ruins' guzzlord family that heard about their lil' bro got pushed by Ash and Dia and came for some payback.

No Dia after listing him in the summary was a bummer and naganadel was almost a post thought, but it sure was better than simply add a TRio plot about stealing pokemon. Slightly disappointed that bewear and mecha bewear didn't tag team to battle a guzzlord. An instance where bewear actually listen the TRio in a battle would be nice.

nuzamaki90

This episode was so unnecessary. Like damn this might be as bad as that Axew filler in the middle of the Unova League. The reason for all 3 Guzzlord appearing was never acknowledged, Z-Move stock footage that I actively skipped through, and Naganadel having a rushed reunion with Ash and Pikachu EXACTLY like Solgaleo. If it was just going to appear for seemingly no reason, they really could’ve just had it do that right before Ash and Kukui’s battle and made the whole thing a 3 parter.

And then the worst offender is that the Tapus finally arrive, all the Kahunas are there, but instead of doing the Guardian of Alola, they make some dumb barrier so the Kahunas can use their own Z-Moves instead.

Man this episode just annoys me, just like, why? Why did we need this? Please someone tell me.