• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC-Final Week #10 "Finally the final of the final weeks"

-Raiga-

ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! Its the...

Whether your with someone or down in the corner of your basement, I want you to absolutely raise the roof for the winner of week 8, by 5 votes, Brutaka!

Welcome everyone to possibly the final GWSC. I will be going back to college in about a week and am taking too many courses to manage both. I might start it back up for a holiday week around christmas, and then for another season next year. Certainly its free for anyone else to run if they want it though :)

Medium: Scratch or Edit
Sprite source: Reshiram and Zekrom?http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/646.shtml

Challenge: "Finally the final of the final weeks"

The challenge for this week is to make THE legend we all want to see. The final combined/original form of when reshiram/zekrom were together.

Your interpretation of this is completely up to you. Whether you want to fuse the sprites, create a whole new look and sprite, or combine kyurem to the mix, anything goes.

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
-Must be within the 96x96 limits.

Post your entry here in the thread by 11:59p.m. Sunday, and voting will occur the following Monday! Thanks to everyone who has entered the contest, and will enter this one:)

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I think this might be a nice moment to talk about what is going to happen with the forum now, since I think the GWSC is the only thing that is keeping it alive.
There are 3 options:
- someone takes over the GWSC
- we make a new project
- we don't make a new project with the chance the fan sprite section dies off again.

I prefer option 1 or 2 but I don't think I'll be able to have enough time to take over the GWSC. So tell me what you think.

ps: can we know now what the G stands for in GWSC?

Keizaal

bring me to life
(The) Great Weekly Sprite Contest?

It makes me sad that this is the last one. It's true, WSC's are the only thing keeping this end of the Fan Art forum alive. I remember "trying" to participate in WSC about.... 2-3 years ago? I was really looking forward to entering them again, now that I'm better at pixel arts. I really hope somebody will take the reigns and keep it alive again.

I might try to enter this week, but it might not be ready until the end of the week. I'm going to be gone the next three days, starting tomorrow.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I honestly agree with the fisrt option. It's fun, and it's always giving me a challenge on what to do. Even if I'm not the best spriter, I still try my best on what I do, (even if some of the ideas are just a little too hap-hazard). Anyways, here's my entry.

I shouldn't have chose Zekrom as the base, the coloring was brutal .-. Still, I sort of like how it turned out, even if I had to cut off part of the tail :/ Mixing together Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem ( I went a little tail happy...) with Kyurem-W's color scheme (And remnants of Zekrom that I couldn't see .-.) was a pain, a fun pain, but a pain nothing less...

Burakoru

Belly Slide
F-final........... ;-; It can't be.... these contests have been part of what's gotten me back into spriting. D:

On that heavy note, I finished my sprite for.....the final week. ;-;

ezimba14157048747200.gif

Definitely proud of this one. It has more of Reshiram's base, and a Zekrom-esque coloration, along with some of his features....that's about it, but it works out.

ZKE

edit2:
Thanks, Raiga. I took your advice and have touched up the design.

SOokofj.png

Its a bit unconventional, but I used the fact that Zekrom and Reshiram look pretty different from Kyurem. Kyurem doesn't really have natural wings or much of a tail, both are actually made of ice, as is part of its face. So I thought that the original dragon only gained wings and the expansive tale designs to suit the Heroes and their desires.

The sprites used were primary Kyurem for the upper body and Reshiram for the lower. Zekrom's contributions came in the tail.

Last edited:

Navarch

I would enter, but I hate working with Reshiram and Zekrom. It's the Black and White colors the get me all mixed up. I hope someone keeps up GWSC...I'm starting to get into Spriting again...

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Here is my entry:
th_ultimatefusion2_zps8c899246.png

I gave it a different kind of black because I hate the color of zekrom. The design of is is great but it is hidden by the black color.
It was difficult to work with the both but luckily I was smart enough to recolor them first into easily visible colors and then fuse them together

Last edited:

-Raiga-

edit:
Well, on looking through the topic again, Lost had to cut his(?) design just short as well. I'll leave it up to Raiga to decide if the excess on mine is too much to be eligible or not, and this is the final week, so I've got nothing to lose by waiting to find out. I did compact the chest and right(his right) shoulder by a couple of pixels to try and make it fit better.
pxTveJc.png

So long as its just 2-3 pixels of the feet I'll let it slide. Though I think you could probably shave a few off the neck without sacrificing the effect it gives.

And guys/gals, again, this is in no way the last week. Just consider it to work like seasons, and this would be season 1 of course. And honestly, I think the break in between groups of weeks would be nice for everybody involved, and allows for a whole new group of spriters to come in.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I nobody else wants to, I can keep the GWSC going for another 2 weeks. Normaly I should have the time to do so.

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
I always enjoy watching these contests... Every single week. ;-; I never participate or anything as I suck at spriting. However, I would never like to see this go under. I will help in any way that I can.

Keizaal

bring me to life
Me too! I'd do anything to keep the WSC, hell, the entire Fan Sprites Forum, alive! It'd be great to help out any way I can!

-Raiga-

If any of you do want to take it over, feel free to run it how you see fit. This format was only an experiment by myself.

In addition, I will take care of the poll for this week, but obviously the actual week 11 would be up to "you" to do. Thanks if anyone does help out!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I'll do next week because I have a fun idea :)
I might do the week after that too but if someone else wants to take over, I would be more then happy

Keizaal

bring me to life
I'll be efficient to have multiple people for WSC, but wouldn't it be easier to have either:

- 1 permanent person
- Every contributor working together

Having a bunch of people at once might cause some confusion because some people will be unsure who the real "authority" of WSC is, and could lead to 'disaster' (Two people posting WSC for one week, for example) So should we form some sort of "group" of 2-4 and they can all decide what to do for each week? IMO it'll be easier that way, but it's Raiga's call. Or if one lone person wants to take over the whole operation I'm sure that would be fine too.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
If we're thinking of things to fill the gap in order to keep the section alive, may I suggest a possible alternate option? With the current gen not having sprites, it might be nice to have a project to create some. We may even be able to convince serebii to use the sprites for the inevitable 6th gen dex on the site, if we can run the project well enough.

However, if we have enough people interested to keep the WSC running constantly, that's fine too. I can't think of any ideas right now, but I may be able to help with the occasional week.

Also, I have an entry!
Taorim_zpsd8949f9a.png

It was my intention to have the general body shape mimic that of Kyurem, but I ended up differentiating from it quite a bit.
(also I may have gone over 15 colours quite a bit)

Keizaal

bring me to life
If we're thinking of things to fill the gap in order to keep the section alive, may I suggest a possible alternate option? With the current gen not having sprites, it might be nice to have a project to create some. We may even be able to convince serebii to use the sprites for the inevitable 6th gen dex on the site, if we can run the project well enough.
I think that's a brilliant idea! We have a ton of talented spriters, this would definitely the activity of the forum. If we even do both, we may have hope in reviving this place. I'd be happy to contribute to both projects!

Anyway, I unfortunately didn't have time to finish my entry for WSC, if it continues, then I'll try to enter next week.

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One
Going to sexing Keizaal's post on a word-for-word basis. I'd gladly back a Gen VI spritedex. +)