1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GWSC - Tournament poll week 2

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by noobiess, May 26, 2014.

1. noobiess

noobiess 6 different pokemon Staff Member Moderator

ANYONE CAN VOTE
    This is the poll of the second week of the GWSC Tournament!

Since the GWSC is getting one year old, we decided to do a tournament.
    Everyone (experience or not) can enter. For further information click here!
    One aspect is that the participants are anonymous. So below there are all the entries shown, but not the artists who made it.

For this tournament you can give one vote for each division. This will give the participants point so at the end of the 3 weeks, the one with the most points wins. The point-system in shown below:
    - For entering: 5 point
    - For each point the entry gets: 1 point
    - For having the winning entry: 5 points (for first), 3(for second), 1(for third)
    Votes can just be given in this thread.

Beginner division - "Scrappy"
    Beginner mystery artist 1 - Bonsly
    [​IMG]

Beginner mystery artist 2 - Tyrogue
    [​IMG]

Beginner mystery artist 3 - Beduw
    [​IMG]

Pro division - "Parental bond"
    Pro mystery artist 1 - Lt. Surge and Elesa
    [​IMG]

Pro mystery artist 2 - Cheren and Whitney
    [​IMG]

Happy voting!

2. Sour Monster

Sour Monster Well-Known Member

I vote for Beginner mystery artist 1 - Bonsly and Pro mystery artist 2 - Cheren and Whitney this week. Good entries! Was hard to choose. :) Funny the pros both chose the same sprite as a base too lol, what are the odds!

3. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

Woah... i'll have to go Beginner Mystery Artist #1 and Pro Mystery Artist #1.
    The tyrouge looks interesting but kind of odd, and I'm not quite sure what the budew is.
    Cheren/Whitney's head seems a bit too big for their body.

4. Chapter

Chapter hello, im back sorta

Voting Beginner #2 and Pro #1
    I liked B2 more because the fusion and recolor look great, and I love the contrast. I like P1 more because it's so unexpected, but works perfectly!

5. MidnightCombat

MidnightCombat Bird of Destruction

Going to vote Beginner #3 and Pro #2. I like how simple the beginner one is and I love how Pro 2 turned out (though #1 is really well done too).

Some critiques for the beginner, #1 looks blurry (it looks the sprite's been saved in Jpeg first and then saved in Png; saving in Jpeg is a big no in spriting since the sprite loses its quality) and I wish the eyes would stand out a bit more (making it lighter would do the trick since the sprite is pretty dark). But, I really like the colouring; the red goes well with the purple flames. #2 has a good idea (the big fists help add to Tyrouge's intimidation) but the most of the outlining is missing (more so in the Beldum (?) hat) and the colouring could get toned down a bit (it looks a bit too bright). I hope it helps though~

6. noobiess

noobiess 6 different pokemon Staff Member Moderator

My votes go to Beginner mystery artist 1 and Pro mystery artist 1.
    Both look very nice and fit the theme :)

7. General Nonsense

General Nonsense Star Glider

Voting for Beginner mystery artist 1 - Bonsly and Pro mystery artist 1 - Lt. Surge and Elesa