• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week #152 "Spriter used sketch! It's super effective!"

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! It's the...

0TmimiT.gif

Bguy7's Escavalier maybe lost the jousting competition but got some empathy from the others! Congrat's

Medium: Go wild
Sprite source: Go wild
Challenge: "Spriter used sketch! It's super effective!"

The challenge this week is to make something is some else's style.
For example the spriting style of a different game or a certain artist.
What you make (a reshade/edit/scratch/...) is up to you, as long as the image is somewhat pokémon related.

Make sure you mention the artist/game you based it on (preferably with a picture linked), since it might not be clear for everyone.

Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.
Try to be so original as possible ^^ Good luck!

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
- Maximum size: go wild
- White outlining is not allowed!

Post your entry here in the thread by Sunday 20:59p.m (GMT+1).
Thanks to everyone who has entered the contest, and will enter this one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, my first win!

Anyways, I'm going to have to think a bit on whether or not I have any good ideas for this one. Would have entered last week's, but I was too busy.

EDIT: Alright, here's my entry:
red-eyes-zekrom.png

It's Zekrom styled as the Red-Eyes Black Dragon (as Zekrom is literally a red-eyed black dragon) in the Yu-Gi-Oh video game The Eternal Duelist Soul. Here's what the original Red-Eyes card looked like

Last edited:

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
WSC152trans.png

Classic Megaman-Ash
gotta catch 'em all

Kinda fun to make. Twas harder than I thought tho.
so small tho

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Since it has been a long time that I actually made something really challenging and I had some time this weekend, I decided to go all out.
My entry is inspired by the amazing artist SirAquakip (a former WSC spriter); more specificly by his huge scratched sprites of his fakemon in their natural environment (example).

So I dug up an old fakemon design of mine, changed it a bit, and make a big sprite of it:
hummingb_zpsua7zocta.png

Not as brilliant as Aquakip's sprites, but I'm pleased with the result.

Ps: Sorry I took some advantage of the fact that there is no size limit this week ^^