• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week #153 "The frustration of misinterpreted names!"

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! It's the...

0TmimiT.gif

Ryger Vandell spooked us all with his amazing Dusclops & Cofagrigous recolor! Congrat's

Medium: Retype
Sprite source: 5/6th gen sprites (click banner)
Challenge: "The frustration of misinterpreted names!"

The challenge this week is to retype a pokémon based on their name and how it could lead to a misinterpretation of the type (based on the fact that most people say my name wrong at first).
A perfect example is Mandibuzz. At first I actually thought it was the name of Gavantula and they misplaced it; since it could easily be interpreted as a combination of mandible + buzz.
Another is Gardevoir; which you could see as Garden + Voire (french for "see"). So in this case, you should retype Gardevoir into a grass pokémon.

Hopefully this week will be full of creative entries and smart puns!

Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.
Try to be so original as possible ^^ Good luck!

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
- Maximum size: 96*96
- White outlining is not allowed!

Post your entry here in the thread by Sunday 20:59p.m (GMT+1).
Thanks to everyone who has entered the contest, and will enter this one.

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
WSC153trans.png

sooo
Metapod sure sounds like Metal Pod (as spacecraft's pods) to me.
So I made a crescent Metal Metapod lel