• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC Week 19 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to devamp a previous entry of the GWSC!

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Sunday and the winner will be announced in Week #21

Since all the 6th gen pokemon are revealed we are planning to start a X/Y spriting project. Opinions on how we should run it and volunteers to supervise the whole thing are always welcome on this thread.

AWildMew - Infernape
http://i44.*******.com/104hks3.png

Grovyl - Beartic
4u0xptD.png

Gryghaim - Meloetta
transMeloettaRBdevamp_zpsf9a058cb.png

noobiess - Minions
minionsdevamp_zps38df827f.png

Sour Monster - Recolored Cherrim
red-version-cherrim.png

ZKE - Kyurem Origin forme
great_weekly_spriting_contest__19__kyurem_devamp__by_zedkaleios-d6q4zjo_zps68853c59.png

zx.creature - ninja wartortle
http://i40.*******.com/2ebxpwy.png

Happy voting everyone!

ZKE

While some of the entries here are pretty good, I think the users behind them missed the limitations of R/B/Y style - Grovyle's Beartic hasn't changed at all to match the more compressed, almost wild design seen in the gameboy sprites. Its still the same size and build as it started as.

zx. creature did much the same - he(?) simply reduced the palette without accounting for the shape, and he still used too many colors. If you look at the link I used above to the Red/Blue sprites, you can see that they all have no more than 4 in use, 2 for the primary color and white/black for highlights and outline.

Soul Monster's suffers the fate of hitting colors without accounting for the more compact style.

AWildMew come's the closest while still going over the color count. I genuinely like this one.

noobiess' minions are great, but in this instance I think Gryghaim's Meloetta nails the mark perfectly, so I'm voting for it.

zx.creature

zx. creature did much the same - he(?) simply reduced the palette without accounting for the shape, and he still used too many colors. If you look at the link I used above to the Red/Blue sprites, you can see that they all have no more than 4 in use, 2 for the primary color and white/black for highlights and outline.
QUOTE]

she
instead a classic devamp, I just changed the coloursto a lazily done Red/Blue remake. this style was used in aguide i went by and i thougt it would be different than what everyone else was doing and i think it works well

I votenoobiess - Minions

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
ZKE gets my vote, awesome design and coloring matches well.

Haha, mine is hardly anything at all. Dx

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Anything I would have said, ZKE has already said, and although I LOVE the minions, I really do have to vote Gryghaim's Meloetta, because it looks best compared to other R/B Sprites.

Sour Monster

Gryghaim - Meloetta & noobiess - Minions are the best IMO, for reasons stated above, they best suit the devamp theme. The others are either too colourful or mine as an example, not 'rough' enough.

Think I'll give Gryghaim my vote. :)

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Wow didn't expect to go the poll like this...

I think Sour Monster, ZKE and zx.creature all really gave it a R/B/Y sprite-feeling but my vote goes to ZKE. It didn't change much compared to the original sprite but the pose looks just so good in R/B/Y style.

Ps: AWildMew, I really love the vibe your sprite gives (but I just don't think it is really 1th gen style)