• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC-Week #2 "Double Trouble"

-Raiga-

GWSC-Week #5 "Double Trouble"

ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! Its the...

Give a round of applause to Frosty Voltorb, who won week 3 with 12 votest!

Welcome everyone to the fifth GWSC! It may be minor, but 5 weeks kind of feels like the first milestone. I'm pleased at the consistent stream of entries we've been getting, and hope to see many more :)

Medium: Fusion
Sprite source: Any official B/W sprite.(Any generation of pokemon though) http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

Challenge: "Double Trouble"

This week's idea just popped into my head, but is surely influenced by me growing up watching Dragon Ball Z week in and week out.

Your task is to fuse two of the same pokemon together. Two quagsire, two grimer, two whatever. What the end result looks like I'll leave pretty open. You might choose to double up on appendages, like giving Scyther Scissor blade hands, or Stantler two pairs of antlers. Or you might make bidoof's tooth that much bigger from the fusion. So yeah, whatever you can think of.

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
-It must be the same sprite/form. No fusing of Black/white kyurem or distortion/normal giratina, etc.

-Size limit is still 96x96

Post your entry here in the thread by 11:59p.m. Sunday, and voting will occur the following Monday! Good luck and I hope to see many entries. Ask if there are any questions:)

Last edited:

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One
Quick note, but you wrote the title as Week 2. It should be week 5.

Caryy on, and holy cow this'll be interesting. Should be fun to do a Fusion again. +)

-Raiga-

Why thank you. Mistakes like that tend to happen because I copy and paste the format for each one.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
My entry, I have no idea why I made parasect look like a Mushroom Spider Oni thingy.

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I decided for a more humorous entry this week, simply because it was the first thing I thought when I was looking through the sprites.

iaza17368367315400_zpsd1c30a2d.gif

This one is shocked, too :p Also recoloured the "noses" to look a little more like the mouths they are.

Frosty Voltorb

Ah, I've really missed the WSC. Radical that I won! Anywho, I have a question: is resizing of parts allowed? Or is it only what we have at our disposal.

-Raiga-

Ah, I've really missed the WSC. Radical that I won! Anywho, I have a question: is resizing of parts allowed? Or is it only what we have at our disposal.

So long as the part looks like it is from said base pokemon, I don't care what you do to it. Rotate it, skew it, scratch it, etc

Frosty Voltorb

corsola_evo_sprite.png

I apologize for the white background; I couldn't get it transparent and iaza was removing the black instead of that pesky background.
So yes, two Corsola's fused to make this alien looking thingy. Each part is either scratched from a spliced off part of Corsola or just the part itself. Yay.

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One

"I'm so Gallade that it hurts."

@Frosty: Do you use Paint.net or a similar program? I typically use the magic wand tool to click the white and then do Ctrl+X to turn it transparent. There are a lot of tricks to doing it depending on the tool.

Also, because I'm a good Samaritan and find your fusion to be suitably awesome...

(NOT MINE I JUST MADE IT TRANSPARENT FOR FROSTYVOLTORB'S BENEFIT)

Frosty Voltorb

Oh, radical! Thanks jade! For the strangest reason only the black outline was being turned transparent, even though I was clicking the white portion. Also, nice fusion and another also: why are there so little entries this time around? It's nearly Sunday and there seems to be a lack of spriters from last round here.

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One
Well, it's a pretty difficult concept to work off of. You basically have to make a pokemon look more like itself, which can be difficult to do while not making it look cluttered. I know I was having to do some hardcore brainstorming to figure out what I was going to do. That's just my guess anyway. We still got two days left as well, so maybe we'll see some more posts before the deadline still. +)

Frosty Voltorb

You do have a point there. I had to scour my brain for a pokemon that would look good with itself. Before this I made what looked like a dinosaur Corsola, so the challenge this week really is a bit tougher.