• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC-Week #4 "Dude Looks like a lady"

-Raiga-

ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! Its the...

Congrats to WillPoweredSpriter AND Grovyl for tieing week number two with 9 votes each. Blabo, you came in a close second place with 8 votes!

Welcome everyone to the fourth GWSC! For those who have been asking, I will hopefully get some kind of hall of fame set-up, but we are only four weeks in, so I might wait a bit. Anyways, let's get the challenge started eh?

Medium: Edit
Sprite source: Any official B/W sprite.(Any generation of pokemon though) http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

Challenge: "Dude looks like a lady"

I'm quite scared to do this challenge, but here it is....Take any pokemon that is of a Male only or Female only gender(like Jynx or Kangaskhan), OR a pokemon that evokes that feeling (Machamp is pretty much a male if you ask me), and turn it into what it would look like as the opposite gender.

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
-Bear in mind this is a kid's game, don't be giving Froslass a certain male part or anything like that. Just consider the limits pokemon has set already, like Jynx's bra and stuff like that. Be creative!

-Since I'm leaving the discretion of what counts as a gendered pokemon up to you, you can use a genderless pokemon like a legend if you so desire. I don't think any besides cresselia really show much of a gender though...

Post your entry here in the thread by 11:59p.m. Sunday, and voting will occur the following Monday! Good luck and I hope to see many entries. Ask if there are any questions:)

Frosty Voltorb

Is full on scratch work allowed on this? Or does it have to be just an edit of the base sprite we choose?

DANdotW

Previously Iota
iaza17368320084800_zpsd65872c3.gif

Hitmonleigh, lol.

This is a mixture of recolouring, splicing and a little edit. She has Pidgeot's crest as hair, recoloured leg and foot guards, and also has some dark eyeliner added/spread.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
iaza11300717450500.gif

While converting from female to male this...erm, Froslass....I wondered.

Do I want to go "stereotypical buff male", or did I want to take a different approach? I chose the different approach. Picture this as a male version of Froslass BEFORE it was a ghost, an icy fighter, of sorts...at least, that's the vision I had.

The male sign to replace the purple dot, and the icy horns were just for fun.

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
cpontes.png

Here's My entry. ^_^ Please excuse the awful Tyrogue on the left, I'd like the Sawk to be entry. I did experiment around a little bit and finally decided on this Sawk! I wanted it to be like pink, in a bath robe instead of blue in a gi (?) and wanted it to be like the Queen. So I think it turned out okay imo. It's a female sawk that just got a mani-pedi and is leaving in the robe with an umbrella. ^)^

SlightlyWinged

Training for ORAS
Is full on scratch work allowed on this? Or does it have to be just an edit of the base sprite we choose?

I would like to know this as well. I'm planning on making a male Vespiquen (Vespiking?) and I think it'd look better fully scratched.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
^Omg, that's awesome ^_^

SlightlyWinged

Training for ORAS
In that case:

http://i43.*******.com/2im5ea8.jpg

Male Vespiquen.

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One

I made a Male Lopunny, nicknamed Lophare. One thing that always bothered me about Lopunny was how they lost the use of their ears as weapons, an ability they had as Buneary. Decided that the Male would dig its claws into its ear cotton and use it as a glove of sorts in combat. I need to get better with my proportions, as this is much bigger than a standard Lopunny.

Also I tried to make sure my entry seemed like something Pokemon might do, eg, I tried not to make it something I needed brain bleach for.

@Raiga: This is just a suggestion, but I think you should consider limiting the votes per person to 2 this round if we only get 5 or six submissions. Just putting the idea out there.

If anyone's interested, here's the sketch I made to base the sprite off of. http://colorslive.com/details/1194873

-Raiga-

@Raiga: This is just a suggestion, but I think you should consider limiting the votes per person to 2 this round if we only get 5 or six submissions. Just putting the idea out there.

Of course, I'm always open to suggestions. Heck, the poll set-up I have right now is simply an experiment. That said, I've thought about this as well and think its a pretty good idea. My only objection to it is many passerby'ers don't read rules once much less twice, even if I have them in big bold letters as I usually do. So if I can I'd like to keep it at three, but your suggestion is duly noted, don't worry :)

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Better late then never I guess ^^

I always disliked it that they never made a male version of kirlia to evolve into gallade.
So I really wanted to make it:
iaza11730147676800.png