• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week 41 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to make a pixelover of a 3D model

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Sunday and the winner will be announced in Week #43

I'm surprised to see some old familiar faces. I hope this happens more often :)
Also I want to say that uploading with Tinyp*c isn't possible anymore so please upload your sprite with another site.
Note that this week you can give 1 vote!!

Aquakip - Mega Alakazam
ezimba14613069945600.png

.BrightSide. - Espurr
espurr_zpsc1f6a38f.png

,Ex - Volcanion
Volca.PNG

KingTapir - Larvesta
Week%2041%20-%20Those%20dementing%20pokemon%20of%20today%20even%20lost%20a%20dimension%20this%20time.png

noobiess - Tyrantrum
Tyrantrum2_zps4b7e6592.png

Silversea - Absol
ab.png

Sour Monster - Skiddo
skiddo3.png

Starmytt - Quilladin
ezimba14009442063500.gif

zx.creature - Binacle
binacle_zps8578bdfe.png

Happy voting!

Last edited:

Silversea

I guess it goes to noobies this time. You picked a good pokemon. The more detailed ones always look better ;p

Alakazam close second.

Also I now regret not taking a more traditional shading style.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I vote for noobiess. It feels the most like a Pokemon sprite. While the Volcanion is a close second, I feel like the shading is too overdone for a Pokemon sprite. But as a piece of art itself it's pretty awesome.

On a side note, why aren't we doing actual polls anymore. I feel like it's easier and will make more people vote.

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I vote for noobiess. It feels the most like a Pokemon sprite. While the Volcanion is a close second, I feel like the shading is too overdone for a Pokemon sprite. But as a piece of art itself it's pretty awesome.

On a side note, why aren't we doing actual polls anymore. I feel like it's easier and will make more people vote.

Riaga started the GWSC and he did it, so I just kept doing it when I took over. First I also thought the polls are more practical, but now I think the opposite.
This seems to be less work now and I also think this feels a bit more personal.

Ps: I can't vote yet, because I am still deciding. They are all too good! ^^

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Personally, I'm voting Sour Monster's Skiddo; Noobiess' Tyrantrum was well done too, but I keep coming back to the grass-pattern that Sour Monster did, and I just love how the sprite turned out.

KingTapir

Just a freedom hussy
Nice to see Aquakip and Starrmyt back again, anyway my vote goes to Aquakip this week.
(IMAGEBAM is a good hosting site btw guys)

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I liked SourMonster's sprite. Voting for Skiddo.

Enjolras

Master of the House
voting forSilversea and the Absol. It just really looks nice and smooth.

Sour Monster

I'm voting for noobiess - Tyrantrum. I love so many this week but I feel noobiess has the shading most like an official sprite and for the reason steals my vote. xD

PS. Feel free to use my sprite for the 6th gen project if Skiddo hasn't been done already.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
They are pretty cool. My vote goes to Aquakip - Mega Alakazam

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Aquakip's just steals the show for me. noobiess has a close second though!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I'm presently surprised of the entries this week. I love all of them and had a hard time choosing

Aquakip - Even though I don't agree on all the shading choices you made, it looks really good. If I didn't know better, it could pass as an official sprite!
.BrightSide. - I really don't like the design of Espurr so that putted me off a little. Other then that it all looks very nicely done. The only remark is the feet, I think it should have a darker outlining, now it looks like it is floating ^^
,Ex - Very well done. I think this is my favorite piece of you so far :D I don't really like the dithering you use, but that is just taste I guess.
KingTapir - I like the choice of Larvesta. The 3D model looks nice and you managed to transfer that to your sprite
noobiess - yay me!
Silversea - I kind of have the same comment as ,Ex. I love it but I'm just not so fond of dithering.
Sour Monster - Skiddo is my favorite 6th gen pokemon so that was already pleasant to see. The pixelover looks very clean and the shading of the grass is very nice.
Starmytt - From the X/Y project I know that quilladin isn't an easy pokemon to sprite and I think you did is amazing. The pose is also very dynamic, which I always like very much. The only thing that bothers me is that the colors of the outlining is very bright. It makes it look like it is glowing to me.
zx.creature - Like you said, it is a bit small. But other then that the pixel over is well done and the details you have put into it are very good.

I was torn between a lot of sprites, and I don't like to 'not give' some of them a vote because they totally deserve it. But my vote goes to KingTapir .
I loved the pose, the shading, the lineart... Everything just looks perfect to me.

Ps: After this week, you can post your sprites into the X/Y project if you want. It really would help us forward because we still need some (well rather a lot of ^^) sprites

Last edited: