• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week #64 "Faux pas!"

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! Its the...

banner1_zpsbaddbf15.png

Cleffa joined team Rocket and received a mechasuit. Pikachu has been terrified ever since. Congrats noobiess!

Medium: recolor
Sprite source: 5+6th gen sprites (for link click on banner)

Challenge: "Faux pas!"
As a daltonist, I sometime have to face the fact that I make horrible colorcombinations. This week you also can let loose your inner colorblind.
The challenge is to recolor a pokemon of choice so that the colors don't match.
So in stead of making a sprite as beautiful as possible, the goals is to make it look as bad as possible. Make my eyes burn!
Patterns aren't allowed this week.

Ps: a random color generator can be a good idea here ^^

Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.
Try to be so original as possible ^^ Good luck!

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
- size limit: 96*96
- white outlining isn't allowed

Post your entry here in the thread by 11:59p.m. Sunday, and voting will occur the following Monday! Thanks to everyone who has entered the contest, and will enter this one

If you have any trouble posting your sprite on the thread, feel free to send it via PM to me.

Ps: I also noticed some of you gave themes to do this week, probably assuming the voting system for the themes still counts.
Since it just was a little experiment for 1 week, I won't be doing it anymore.
But I liked the suggestions, so I probably will do them one of the following weeks. Extra suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited:

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Ah; if there's one pokemon I know seems to always look bad with any color I throw at it...

It's Plusle, and Minun. So what happens when I throw a pokemon I have trouble recolouring, with an extremely ugly light green, and a beige?

ezimba16898647580500.gif

That.

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
Oh, you're a daltonist? I guess it can be kinda troublesome, heh.
and I don't know if I got it, we need to create a sprite with the worst colors possible?

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Oh, you're a daltonist? I guess it can be kinda troublesome, heh.
and I don't know if I got it, we need to create a sprite with the worst colors possible?

Yes I am ^^ Sometimes it is a bit unhandy but you learn to live with it.

The meaning is to recolor a sprite with colors that don't match so that is looks bad. So kind of what you told.

Ryger Vandell

Unknown Trainer
bcgolem_zps0f7f3256.png

noobiess, you've made us MONSTERS!!! MONSTERS I SAY!!!

On a side note, I did a bad(in this case) habit of making it slightly less eye-burning with shade recolouring... oh well, I had a laugh doing this XD though this is still better than when I had my rainbow dusclops with the basic paint colours XD now THAT was horrible XD

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

ezimba16359472466300.png

Last edited:

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
RayQ_zpsdea1f311.png

The burning of many a suns!
I really had fun picking out which colors were just god-awful. It was great!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Mew the gato, since it is just recoloring of the outlining I'll allow it.

9dragonbreed: even though I love your entry, it isn't eligible. Patterns and edits of the sprite aren't allowed, this week only recoloring a sprite is allowed.
You can still re-enter if you want too.

Ps: I'll probably have to make my entry blind, since my eyes burned off ^^

EDIT:
Went wild with the random color generator and this is the result:
doubladeuglyrecolor_zps2138e377.png

For the ones who want to see my entry for previous week where i was too late to post.
megatropius_zps00e05a77.png

Just had to post it. It would be a waste if i didn't ^^

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I'm sorry to say this Asmoday but i can't allow your entry since patterns aren't allowed (only pure recolors).
But you sure gave a new meaning to abstract spriting ^^