• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week 73 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to make a rainbow-colored pokemon

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Monday and the winner will be announced in Week #75.

Note that this week you can give 1 vote!!
Excited about this weeks poll! A lot of good entries and new faces this week :)
Also I think the people who enter are very nice and help each other out, which is always nice to see :D

9Dragonbreed - Steelix
rbsteelno_zpsfc0595c3.png

Absolushun - Ninetales
Ninetales_zps3a647893.gif

Bakphoon(Tm) - Cofagrigus
4qWZ27T.png

Bard_ - Starmie
rainbow_star_by_bardelt-d83y6s6.png

Mew the Gato - Lumineon
ezimba16359460239200.png

noobiess - Tangrowth
rainbowgrowth_zpsdd8820a4.png

Ryger Vandell - Serperior
Serperior2_zps987b3164.png

The Imposter - Machamp
ezimba11427294603200.gif

Happy voting!

puzzles2_zpsf72cbd43.png

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Casting my Oh-so powerful wote to Mew The Gato, and their fabulous Luminneon!

Ryger Vandell

Unknown Trainer
Ok, since I have a hard time deciding, I'll go with a faux Burakoru-style process of elimination.

so our contenders are Steelix, Ninetales, Cofagrigus, Starmie, Lumineon, Tangrowth, Serperior and Machamp.

I'll first remove Machamp, Starmie and Ninetales simply because they are less appealing compared to the good ones imo

Tangrowth too, because the colours didn't work out so much in the end.

That leaves Steelix, Cofagrigus, Lumineon and Serperior.

At this point I'll take out Cofagrigous because the colours are actually cool, especially the hands! yellow still feels strong as usual though ^^"

So now it's Steelix, Lumineon and Serperior.

I'll rid of Serperior, cause who votes for their own work, am I right? hahaha... ha... I'm a bit proud of the result for this and I do think it's a high contender, as much as I like the other entries I crossed out before this.

Now the "finals!" Steelix and Lumineon!

Steelix is now made a majestic creature. Seriously. I was swearing in my head to 9dragonbreed for making such a beautiful thing as much as I dislike swearing. seriously, it looks close to its original colour, like the rainbow is just like a translucent coat.

Lumineon is something that's pulled off really well, even if you remove the white outlining. I like how the rainbow is more like a gradient than my serperior, which is more of a "thicker" gradient. It's a beautiful pokemon.

In the end... I think I'm going to go for 9dragonbreed's Steelix. Congrats, you got my vote.

Bard_

Faith & Honor
I'm going for 9dragonbreed - Steelix. My lord, it's beauty! I liked his style and I don't even no how he could achieve it.
Worthing mention is also Mew The Gato's Lumineon! Is it reelly cool, but I missed the shadows a bit. Even so, is it really good. It just that Steelix looks like an exact rainbow, due to its shape, and the style... Oh lord, is awesome.
Also, I gotta disagree on Ryger's statement over Noobies' sprite. I think it was pretty creative and I loved the outcome; differentiating itself from others. And the colours used did come out good.
But well, that's my opinion.

Still, very nice week we had!

Sour Monster

So many of these are amazing! 9Dragonbreed - Steelix is just beautiful though~ get's my vote.

Silversea

I'm going to go for Mew the Gato - Lumineon, I like it the most though I wish the rainbow was aligned along the nearest fin as it was on the furthest.

My biggest problem with the steelix is that it just looks like a rainbow overlay, the effect does not go with the shading at all.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Voting for 9Dragonbreed's Steelix. I was thinking of voting for the Starmie, but after looking at it more, the white outline doesn't really work.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
I am really happy to see all the entries. Varies styles and works are really cool to see. Noobies, you're tangagrowth is really unique but not as rainbowistic as I was thinking for the theme. It looks like a tasty mixed flavor mesh of gummy worms :] Bard i think different color positioning would have sold it for me, still is nice. Mew the Gato, IMO the stripes are too linear. Guys good work can't wait to see next weeks!

My vote Bakphoon(Tm) and Cofagrigus. I'm iffy on white outlining but it works for Cofagrigus. The coloring and placement is just so nice. Great job.

RzK

Meow
My vote goes to Absolushun - Ninetales.
Ninetales was an excellent choice, and the end result is stunningly beautiful. The rainbow fits Ninetales perfectly imo.

Honourable mention, Mew The Gato's Lumineon looks amazing too.

Last edited:

ZKE

9Dragonbreed - Steelix takes my vote easily. The nearest contender was Mew the Gato's Lumineon, but I just can not stop staring at 9Db's beautiful shading.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Hey, thanks! This is the first time I ever got a vote!

Well, then I'll give you your second one ^^

My vote goes to Bakphoon(Tm), because I love the color-combination on the coffin, and the flashy hands make it look like it is fingerpainting.
Close second was Bard_, bummer I only can give one vote...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm voting for 9Dragonbreed. His rainbow Steelix sprite looks extra fabulous and I like that it's crisp and not overly saturated.

Thanks for the vote! This is the first time I'm getting a vote as well. My vote goes to Mew The Gato's Lumineon, it looks very nice.