• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC-Week #8 "GWSC-EX"

-Raiga-

ANY person can enter!
ANY website can participate!
ANY thing can happen! Its the...

The winner of Week #6 is jadevelocity!

Welcome everyone to the Eighth GWSC!

Medium: Pixel Over
Sprite source: Any Card http://www.serebii.net/card/dex/

Challenge: "GWSC-EX"

Figured we've never had a pixel over yet! For those who don't know, a pixel over is where you take an existing picture and go over/recreate it entirely with pixels, usually with 3-5 shades. Essentially a large sprite.

In this case, you'll be picking any Pokemon TCG card you desire, and be pixel over...ing that.

Restrictions/TroubleShooting
-I won't place any restriction on size, but try and keep it somewhere below 500x500

-While I said it usually has 3-5 shades, your free to use however many you desire, or whatever shading style you desire.

-You only need to do the card art, not the whole card. Its up to you whether or not you want to do the background too.

Last edited:

Navarch

I've never done one of these before, so I'm going to skip out on this one. Good Luck to the others! :)

-Raiga-

I've never done one of these before, so I'm going to skip out on this one. Good Luck to the others! :)

Well, you're free to do as you wish, but if you ask me the point of these contests is to get people to do stuff they wouldn't ordinarily.

KingTapir

Just a freedom hussy
Pixel-overs can be sooooo frustrating, especially when the original picture is low-quality T_T
Week8-GWCS-EX_zpsf5a3b784.png

http://www.serebii.net/card/megalocannon/032.shtml

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One

Cynthia's Lucario, from the Platinum Supreme Victors set. This thing took upwards of ten hours to complete. I wonder where my week went, lol. Oh yeah, and its dimensions are 464x320 and uses a total of 14 colors. I forgot how much I hated shading obnoxiously big areas with tiny pixels.

Original cardart:
http://serebii.net/card/supremevictors/031.shtml

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Here is my entry:
zebra2_zps6b03fef2.png

To be honest, I never liked doing pixel overs so I never did them after I tried once.
But now I wanted to give it another try because I like the concept of using the pokemon cards (because I don't collect them so it would be fun to look to all the images)
And I liked doing this pixel over. Maybe it was just a fun images but I miught do some more in the future now.

Last edited:

umbreot

God of Fusions
I'm sitting this one out, but I must say, a lot of these entries are pretty sweet.