• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week 84 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to make a new banner for the GWSC

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Monday and the winner will be announced in Week #86.

Note that this week you can give 1 vote!!

9dragonbreed
fgwsc_zpse6128d2b.png

noobiess
Bannerfini_zpse797d84a.png

Ryger Vandell
gwsc%20banner%20anim_zpsvxichs6d.gif

gwsc%20banner%20-%20s2%20a_zpsqmli9l98.gif
gwsc%20banner%20-%20s1%20a_zps187s29qs.gif
gwsc%20banner%20-%20s3_zpsfppcsjin.gif

Shiny Swalot
GWSCBannernotdoneyet_zpsc63c274b.png

Skarm(Tm)
jWepOX5.gif

Happy voting!

puzzles2_zpsf72cbd43.png

Burakoru

Belly Slide
For me; this was a tough decision between 9dragonbreed's, and Skarm(Tm)'s, as both are beautiful, really well put, and contain a good amount of sprites.

So what logic did I use to decide?

9dragonbreed's included a sprite I made, so I'm voting for that one. xD

9dragonbreed: I voted for you, so clearly you did something right.

noobiess: The banner itself, looks really nice. My only complaint with it, is the lack of sprites. This is the weekly spriting competition, it should show at least a small variety of the sprites involved, not just two fusions and a chespin sprite. Honestly though, this is more a personal nit-pick than an actual fact towards GWSC-banner-creation.

Ryger Vandell: I like where you went with this, but...once again, it's more personal nitpicking.

The sharpedo's location in the banner just bugs me, with it's mouth and the top of his fin basically blocked out of the sprite, making it awkward, and the pachirisu's location just looks a little...odd.

Shiny Swalot: I loved the variety of sprites, but...the banner itself is really bland. It's a black background with rainbow text, in comparison to other banners, it's nothing special. I like how the sprites in G-W-S-C match the letters (to an extent; the S is sort of a stretch), but really it wasn't enough to overcome the rest of the banner.

Skarm(Tm) : The banner looks really nice; as I said, it was close between you and 9dragonbreed. Another thing that sort of swayed me (once again, completely nit-picky), is the sprite choices. Don't get me wrong, they're great sprites, but 9dragonbreed's banner incorporated more of what GWSC has to offer, sure both have fusions, recolors, retypes, and that sprite that doesn't have an official category (Robotic Cleffa/Santa Dusclops), but 9dragonbreed's also had a trainer, and a revamp. I'll still say it was the incorporation of a sprite I've made that swayed my choice, but this is another thing I looked for in banners.

tl;dr - 9dragonbreed had a great banner, a large amount of sprites, and a decent variety within the sprites themselves.

Vern

Why not both?
Gonna vote for Skarm this time... reason being that I liked it.

Noobiess was great, but the lack of sprites bothered me...

Navarch

I like Skarm's banner the best. I love the color blue, and it just looks neat and organized. Just one thing, if we do use it, I think the animation should go just because I feel as if it's unnecessary.

Vern

Why not both?
I like Skarm's banner the best. I love the color blue, and it just looks neat and organized. Just one thing, if we do use it, I think the animation should go just because I feel as if it's unnecessary.

The animation I actually love, it gives the banner a kind of feel the other ones lack. (Ryger Vandell's one was somewhat overly animated...)

Bert

Untitled
All of them were in the running, but if I have to pick one I'd enjoy staring at for a full year, it would be noobiess', although I have to agree with the others that it lacks... well, sprites, so I was a bit reluctant to give it the vote at first.

Say, wasn't there another banner, with a red and white poké ball-ish background?

9dragonbreed
+ All-round, good banner. Nothing really bugs me about it. The font, sprite choice and placement, background, ... are all good, and the glows look nice.
- It lacks a bit of character, imo, a bit of interaction.

noobiess
+ Esthetically very pleasing. The colors go well together and the font is well-chosen, the square-patterns are a nice little wink to spriting. Also big thanks for getting rid of the animated one, it looked great but gave me seizures. :p
- As others have said, including only three and very similar sprites doesn't make it very representative of the GWSC. I'd have preferred some of the blueish colors of your first version along with a greater variety of sprites.

Ryger Vandell
+ Bold design. I like the Pachirisu (although it extends a single pixel above the regular banner's height, which looks sloppy), I like the background and I like how the sprites seem to interact with the lines. The pixely font of GWSC is also a big plus.
- The animated Poké balls are slightly overkill, and some of the sprites seem to be placed a bit too much together (cluttered).

Shiny Swalot
+ As Burakoru pointed out, the sprites following the curves of the letters is pretty nifty. I especially like the W and the C.
- The background is a bit bland (and black, which doesn't work well with the outline usually), and as a whole it has an unfinished feel to it.

Skarm™
+ As with Ryger Vandell, I like how the lines interact with the sprites. The colors are also decent (a bit too bright for me, though), and the animation gives it a very rhythmic vibe. Like a ritual bongo dance or something.
- I'm not a fan of the black border, and on a side note: Scary Santa isn't pleased with you removing his shading on the hat. :p

@ Burakoru; which sprite is yours, then?

Last edited:

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Like evryone says, mine is a bit black and unfinished. The truth is, that it is. I got multiple sprites with a black bacground after copying (dunno how), So in the first instance I made the background black. Then afterwards, I wanted to edit it, but then came my Test Week, and I had to learn, and forgot/didn't have time to edit it :s

-----------------

I am voting for 9dragonbreed, it's just my personal preference.

I decided to stick with personal preference, cause everybody was so good :s

Chalis

Victorious
I vote noobiess.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm voting for Ryger Vandell. His banner has some pretty cool fan sprites, plus I really like the rotating Poke Balls.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Ryger's one is pretty nice, but could have used another color, maybe a darker one. Like (light) black. It'd go nice with it.

But I'll vote for 9dragonbreed.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Man, they are all so awesome. I dare to say even better then last year's entries. (pleasedon'tshootme)
Is for the one who gets my vote, it's 9dragonbreed's. I love the colour use and the slight glow the sprites have.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Thanks for all the support guys <3

I'm actually going to go for Ryger Vandell because I love the animation. 9dragonbreed was a close second, but the fact that it didn't have that pixelated look that GWSC calls for kinda blew me away. Sorry.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I'm voting for Ryger Vandell, mainly because the animation work on the banner is pretty damn awesome personally.

Ryger Vandell

Unknown Trainer
It was a close one between 9dragon, skarm and noobiess, but I'll go with noobiess's entry.

9dragonbreed:

noobiess:
As people have said, the sprite section was lacking in this, but I like how the changed product looks compared to the other two as well as the animated version. I would also suggest the variation of sprites as well as the increase, like having 2 or 3 fusions on resources, devamps on hall of fame and maybe trainers on the 6th gen sprites or somehting along those lines.

Ryger Vandell: This is an overall horrible banner. who would make such a thing? oh wait, it's mine XD I'm placing my own nitpicks about it on the bottom.

Shiny Swalot: Burakoru and Bert have already said what I wanted to say. but I will say two things extra:
+Good that you didn't use default paint colours (if you're using paint). I learned my lesson from making my rainbow dusclops few years back XD
-Try to have an outline on the letters or avoid having anything other than a simple colour background when using paint to avoid any letters that people may have a hard time seeing.

Skarm™:
Ayyyyy Visitor TTK font buddy! XD
I like the design on the overall background as well as how you placed the sprites. The fact that you have also made it so that the sprites are interactive with the image is also a big plus. the only thing I have to criticise is the lack of variety of the entries. While these are cool sprites, it's better to show that gwsc is more than just doing fusion contests and recolours.

Ryger Vandell: I like where you went with this, but...once again, it's more personal nitpicking.

The sharpedo's location in the banner just bugs me, with it's mouth and the top of his fin basically blocked out of the sprite, making it awkward, and the pachirisu's location just looks a little...odd.
I may have removed too much of sharpedo. since I wanted it to look like he's swimming in the line he's on or something like that, I took it out the mouth part. the fin was also meant to be behind the line. I wanted to add Pachirisu as one of the representatives of the pixel-over contests, but I didn't know exactly where to put it, so I thought it might look nice if I put it outside the pokeballs.
Ryger Vandell
+ Bold design. I like the Pachirisu (although it extends a single pixel above the regular banner's height, which looks sloppy), I like the background and I like how the sprites seem to interact with the lines. The pixely font of GWSC is also a big plus.
- The animated Poké balls are slightly overkill, and some of the sprites seem to be placed a bit too much together (cluttered).

The sprites interacting with the lines are the ones I'm most proud of. The rest... not so much since it's mainly just halfheartedly done.

Well thank you both for this, as well as the people who voted for me.

Two things about my sprite:
I meant to ad ,Ex's beautiful pikachu pixel-over pn the bottom side along with the pachirisu, but alas, the image disappeared before I got my hands on it.
I kinda wanted to remove the pachirisu after vern pointed it out, but when I got to it, I realised it was a bit of a hassle trying to erase it when it's already a part of the frames and there was more trouble than I had originally thought, so I gave up on it.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
The two banner that stood out to me where that from Ryger Vandell and Skarm(Tm)
Ryger Vandell I love the color choice and the vibe in general. It is very 'GWSC-y' ^^ Also props for making the animation. I know how much pain it takes to make those kind of things. A small negative point is that there are some sloppy pixels in the top left corner that bother me.
Skarm(Tm) You can see you do this more often. I like how balanced and professional it looks.

I was a difficult decision but I vote for Skarm(Tm)