• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week 89 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to make a revamp of a GSC trainer sprite!

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Monday and the winner will be announced in Week #91.

Note that this week you can give 1 vote!!

Bert - Gary
WSC89_zps38u7xnlb.png

,Ex - Beauty
2BeautyWSC89.PNG

Master Aboody - Jasmine
Kid_Jasmine.gif

noobiess - Pryce
Revamp%20Pyron_zpsie83mwdt.png

Skarm(Tm) - Lance
gEYEqXZ.png

ZKE - Fisherman
retro_revamp__fisherman__by_zedkaleios-d4h266p.png

Happy voting!

puzzles2_zpsf72cbd43.png

Bert

Untitled
My vote has to go to noobiess, without question. He changed the size, proportions, colors, shading, etc... and the result looks spot-on imo. I loved the white socks, although I wouldn't really consider those a "fashion update" at all. :p
I'm not saying there wasn't any competition, though. In fact, all of the others look surprisingly great to me as well. That's kinda weird, when you think about it, since revamps are pretty hard and all that.

,Ex: The thing I've always liked most about all your sprites (including this one), is the extravagant shading style. It's unique, it generally looks great, but I'm not sure it works 100% with trainer sprites. In any case, the risk of such a unique style is that people will love it or hate it. Either way, great sprite!

Master Aboody: You did really well here, and I honestly think this is one of your best GWSC entries yet. The custom shading is properly done, and the only thing I can point out is that you could have touched up on the outline in some places (a little too much black on the hands, and the feet look kinda brittle).

Skarm™: Like I said before, great job in general, and superb one for a first revamp. I really like how you added the stuff from Lance's modern uniform to the old sprite. The shading is well done, but not really that noticeable since (imo) the lightest shade of the uniform is too dark, so you have to really look close to see it.

ZKE: Again, great shading. The sprite is very detailed (I love the way you revamped the fishing line) yet still packs that retro GSC feel.

I have one remark on every revamp besides noobiess' and ,Ex's though, and it's that none of the others dared to change the outline and the proportions. GSC trainer sprites generally have oversized heads, so when revamping I'd suggest extending the legs and torso a bit to make the sprites bigger and fixing the proportions at the same time. That's where noobiess stood out, imo.

Last edited:

Master Aboody

Pokemon Master
Voting for noobiess, because he made everything seem excellent in his sprite.
My revamp is not the best, but it received 2 votes.

Last edited:

HM02gon

Waiting...
My vote goes to Ex. The shading is amazing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All of the entries are good, but I gotta vote for Master Aboody - Jasmine. I think it's the best-looking sprite revamp.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
I'll vote for noobiess - Pryce. The socks and sandals are a neat little touch, and the slight shading on his face somehow gives him that "elderly but still imposing" feel.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I think that Gary made by Bert looks very good. It also resembles the anime Gary pretty well.

Enjolras

Master of the House
My vote goes to noobiess - Pryce. I like the sandal socks.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
To me Bert's en ,Ex's entry really stood out to me. The proportion are just right with both.
It ws a difficult choice but since I liked the shading on Bert's sprite more, I'm going to vote for him.

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
My vote is for noobiess, for the same reasons mentioned in previous votes.