• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GWSC- Week 92 Poll

noobiess

6 different pokemon
ANYONE CAN VOTE
This week's challenge was to fuse 2 pokémon-families!

Everyone has 1 vote to use!
The votes will be tallied on Monday and the winner will be announced in Week #94.
Wow the quality of the sprites this week is extremely high. Good jobs you guys!

Note that this week you can give 1 vote!!

Bert - Kabuto + Tentacool family
WSC92_zps2heurnvx.png

Burakoru - Scraggy + Zorua family
ezimba14756835887900.gif
ezimba14756850943700.gif

Burnt_lucario - Munchlax + larvesta
lPAthYj.png
d598Jho.png

,Ex - Petilil + Cottonee family
142551554526588.png

Master Aboody - Corphish + Ponyta
Corpta.png
Crawdash.png

Missigno.Master - Darumaka + Cherubi family
GYFAJI9.png
BuiX0Sz.png
qFXleRh.png

Speshal - Ralts + Venipede
ezimba13944421603200.png
ezimba13944420613200.png
ezimba13944491771600.png

Happy voting!

puzzles2_zpsf72cbd43.png

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
omfg
sdfsdafs

Bert and Burnt_lucario's entries are just perfect. I wish I could vote both. Oh, well, I'm goin' to vote Bert this week.
btw, Speshal's entry is also good. It's not original but still goin' to win 'cuz Gardevoir. fml

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm going with Burakoru - Scraggy + Zorua family. I love the Zorua evolutionary line, and seeing it spliced with Scraggy's line makes me smile.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Well; I can't say I'm the happiest with my final results (I never found time to fix up anything I disliked; namely my Zorafty's hair, and how Zoruggy's ears look)

But all in all this is definitely a good week; but, my vote's got to go to Bert's Kabuto + Tentacool Family. He clearly put a lot of effort into it, and the way that the Tentacruel/Kabutops sprite is holding the scythe with a tentacle is extremely creative. Now little bits about everyone's sprites.

Bert - The sprites came out really well; anything I had to say, I already said in my vote.

Burakoru - ...I mentioned I'm not exactly happy with my sprite, but I tried my best. xD Not everything's a winner.

Burnt_Lucario - I have to say, really nicely done. The wings on the Snorlax/Volcarona looks a little off to me, but other than that, a great sprite.

,Ex - I don't know why, but I like this sprite. It's simple, yet elegant. But, it's simplicity was it's own downfall. I'd have given you the vote, but there's not much to this sprite as a whole. I still love it, though.

Master Aboody - I absolutely love the Corphish/Ponyta fusion. The Crawdaunt/Rapidash fusion is a little bit...awkward, though. It might have been a bit better if you'd kept the 6-legs, like Corphish/Ponyta had. But the two just standing out makes it look odd, and lessens the appeal.

Missigno.Master - Great sprites; the Darmanitan(regular) and Cherrim (sun) sprite's mouth is a little off; other than that, I definitely loved the idea of using forms and incorporating them into a whole third sprite. Well done.

Sphesal - The sprites look good, but, similar to my own and ,Ex's, there's nothing that really stands out to these sprites (in my own opinion). Don't get me wrong, I know it's a struggle to find something great that separates a sprite from all the others.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
In my mind, the best fusing here is Missingno. Master and Bert. I just feel that the two pokemon Bert chose work better together. My vote goes to Bert - Kabuto + Tentacool family

burnt_lucario

Gracias al mundo
All of the entries could've easily had my vote, but my vote (and thumbs up) is for Bert's Kabuto + Tentacool family. The choices work together really well and flow naturally together, and I just love how it looks.

Last edited:

Bert

Untitled
In my opinion, burnt_lucario and ,Ex made the most interesting entries, with Burakoru's as a close third. Only one vote to give, alas, and it'll have to go to ,Ex.
The main reason being the shading, which he did just a little bit better imo.

Burakoru: I'm actually quite fond of the hairstyles here, but I'm not entirely sure Zoroark's colors work on Scrafty. It seems the sprite lost some definition by making it darker. Don't be afraid to (slightly) change colors if you have to!

burnt_lucario: I adore the Munchlax/Larvesta, it's downright fantastic, but Snorlax/Volcarona looks like it could use some polishing, especially on the shading of the white fur.

,Ex: The Petilil/Cottonee design is a bit bland imo, but once again, your gorgeous signature shading style (especially on the second fusion) swayed me. I'm probably pretty biased though, since shading is my natural nemesis, and you do it so well. Remind me to call dibs on you next time there's a collab week. :p

Master Aboody: The Corpish/Ponyta fusion is really good (not easy, since both pokémon are so different), and it shows that you're making great progress as a spriter. In contrast, the Crawdaunt/Rapidash symbolizes the aspects of spriting that you still have to improve on. The symmetrical flame stuff on top of a horn on top of a star... it's a bit too much. Try to keep it a little bit simpler.

Missingno. Master: There's nothing I can point out as being 'wrong' on these, but they never captured my attention the way your sprites usually do. It's a nifty idea, but I think the execution could have packed some more punch.

Speshal: The Ralts and Kirlia are more or less flawless, but I'm not a fan of Gardevoir, personally. I think the bright flashy bug colors don't work with the subtle linework of the dress. I'm not sure whether it's an actual flaw or personal taste (I don't like working with vibrant colors), so it could just be me.

Ryger Vandell

Unknown Trainer
I was going to enter, but then I realised I was going to fuse 3 different families... (shuppet/whismur, loudred/banette, exploud/dusclops) I tried looking for other pairs, but I didn't have enough motivation to make proper edits/scratches. Maybe I'll post my exploud/dusclops wip in another time, since that's what inspired me for the week at the time.

Bert - Kabuto + Tentacool family gets my vote. burnt_lucario and ,Ex are tied at a close second. It was a tough decision since all of them look really good.

Sharingan

Bert - Kabuto + Tentacool family gets my vote glad to see people still doing this

PanpourHoopa

Missingno.master
Very creative :)

ZKE

Some decent entries this week, but I have to go with Bert - Kabuto + Tentacool family.

Chalis

Victorious
I need to get participating again.

Voting Speshal.