1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gyarados or Milotic

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Microground, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Microground

Microground Ground Trainer

Who better. They both have crapy first forms and when those evolve look at them. Sweet. I like Milotic because of it's unique way of evolotion and Feebas canus TM's.

2. igsey

igsey Yes, I rock ^^

Milotic. It's just better. Gyarados looks gay.

3. morefirepokemon

morefirepokemon Fire Master

^so just because it looks better? gyrados is the better attack, he could hit milotic with solarbeam, if mi survives she can mirror coat, but gyrados vary rarely use special attacks i have to vote GYRADOS

4. Sammi

Sammi Banned

Milotic. It's more useful in Competitive battling. Sleeptalker. Other than that, it's one of my favorites and is better in every single way. Be it looks, originality of evolution... Yeah, so Milotic.

5. Prio

Prio Well-Known Member

Milotic is only good as a Sleep Talker if you aren't going to sleep talk with it, well you might as well not use it at all

Gyarados on the other hand has a better design, and also has a lot of variety uses for him, also is easier to get.

6. Anaya

Anaya Synthesis

Milotic. Not only is it powerful, but beautiful aswell. :D.

7. SapphireRose

SapphireRose Morning☼Sun

I like Milotic better just because its prettier. I don't like Pokemon just cause they're good. Look at my sig! ^_^o.

8. Shadow Ichigo

Shadow Ichigo Left On A Journey

Sorry. Gotta choose Milotic. Because Milotic has really good stats then Gyarados. Gyarados is a good fighter but I still think Milotic is more better.

9. ~-Overheat-~

~-Overheat-~ Black/White!

This should be a poll... Come on Gyarados

10. Mewtwo's Apprentice

Mewtwo's Apprentice Master in training

Gyrados the wacking great massive serpent of the sea. Strikes terror into the heart of anyone on a boat. Milotic....meh.

11. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

Milotic, well there stats are the same, just jumbled up in different areas, but still, Milotic can make use of Surf better, and it's prettier, so my heart goes to her.

12. angrycaterpie

angrycaterpie Gaze upon the slayer

Milotic, cuz she doesn't have a 4x weakness to Electric.

13. igsey

igsey Yes, I rock ^^

Gyarados is also really common. Get a magicarp, evolve at level 20. Milotic is much rarer, as feebas is very rare. Then you have to max out its beauty stat. And yes, it isn't 4x weak to electric.

14. ~Shadow Espeon~

~Shadow Espeon~ I did it!!

I personally prefer Milotic.

I like its looks, and I use it in battles. Also it has good stats, Miracle scale (Is that what its called?), and the satisfaction that you worked hard to find that Febass to evolve it.

15. Imikuna

Imikuna Member

Milotic is much better battlewise, but its cry is way creepy.

You can fish for Magikarp, like, anywhere, but if you want to find Feebas you really need determination.

16. raglflagl

raglflagl Banned

I prefer Milotic, when I first saw it, I was like: OMG! I want that Pokemon!! then I began searching. The reason would be because of it's wide movepool allowing it to use Mirror Move, one of my favorite Psychic Type attacks.

17. Pokérus-Deity

Pokérus-Deity <---- King Pikachu

Gyarados, because of it's sheer attack power. In Emerald It also had some great oppurtunities to win beauty contests (Rain dance, Hydro pump repeated)

Also has a real cool name.

18. umbreot

umbreot God of Fusions

Miltotic, and this should be a freakin' poll. But without a doubt Milotic.

19. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Well, if we compare Gyarados & Milotic - it would be very difficult presently. Because DP's attack format change had helped Gyarados more than Milotic now. Gyarados is more powerful in its Physical Attack Stat & Milotic is in Special Attack Stat. Both have very good Special defence & average defence stat & a good speed stat.

But Gyarados loses it advantage of having a high Spl. Def. stat by being 4x weak to electric but its ability helps it to withstand some physical attacks very nicely where as Milotic ability helps it over come its 2x weakness to electric attacks with the help of moves like Mud Sport & Recover.

Milotic has a edge over Gyarados because of Feebas being able to learn TM's & able to have Egg Moves after breading with other pokemon.

In combating the types which are strong against them, Gyarados is better than Milotic because of Gyarados able to learn Water type attack (counter of Rock types) & Earthquake (counter of Electric types) where as Milotic can only counter Electric types with a combination of its ability & a few attacks & learn Ice type attacks to counter of grass types.

Gyarados has another advantage of being able to learn different types of attack than Milotic. Gyarados can learn Fire, Ice, Electric, Dragon, Dark, Ground, Rock types moves which helps it a lot (helping it counter 14 types) where as Milotic can learn Dragon, Ice, Steel including its water type moves which doesn't help it much (helping it counter 7 types).

If you ask me both Gyarados & Milotic are equal most of the time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  20. MistyLover

MistyLover Banned

Milotic, in my opinion, is the superior battler. And looks gorgeous.

Milotic has Marvel Scale, which boosts her defense up by 1.5 and that is easily activated with ReStalk. Gyarados has Intimidate which lowers Attack, but it can be used against it, actually. 90% of Gardevoirs have Thunderbolt and when it has Trace, it traces Gyarados's Intimidate and lowers its Attack. And Gardevoir is quite popular, so watch out for that.

Both are weak against Electric, but Milotic can actually survive longer that one hit, unlike Gyarados. AND, to the poster above, you said her moves don't help it much. Ice Beam covers Dragon, Ground, Grass and Flying. And Dragon is immensely popular.