• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gyarados or Milotic?

Atrocious or Tender

• Gyarados - The Atrocious Pokemon

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Milotic - The Tender Pokemon

Votes: 50 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mariah Carey

Stay The Night
You already know. I chose to do this because they have the same stats just switched around a little.

For myself I would choose Milotic. (Defense Pokemon freak)

Last edited:

sg_p3

Aussie Wonder
Milotic, easily. I dont understand why Gyarados if half flying type when it cant even learn flying type moves?! Everyone knows Water/Flying type is a crappy matchup being 4x weak against electric moves. Milotic is a great special wall too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Milotic by far.

I think Gyarados is kinda ugly.

I dont understand why Gyarados if half flying type when it cant even learn flying type moves?!
Because it's based on a Japanese myth about a carp that turns into a flying sea serpent or something.

I've used a Milotic but not a Gyarados, I like Milotic's appearance more, and that 4x weakness to lightning that Gyarados has is a drawback for me.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Milotic all the way! It is just so much better than Gyarados. Plus it has a way better S.A. Unless you EV train or whatever

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Milotic definitely.

Why?:
No 4X weakness
Way prettier than an ugly serpent
Not as common and annoying as the atrocious serpent
An unique ability pokemon

grr7950m

Special Sweeper
Milotic by far.

I think Gyarados is kinda ugly.

Because it's based on a Japanese myth about a carp that turns into a flying sea serpent or something.

Chinese myth. Don't say anything that you aren't 100% sure of.
The myth said that there's a gate called 'the dragon gate' in East China Sea. When a carp hops over it (you see, Magikarps hop really high when splashing), it turns into a dragon, a typical Chinese Dragon that doesn't breathe fire but water instead.
Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, but in order to keep the rarity of Dragonite, Charizard, Seadra, Rhydon and Gyarados are all sacrificed. In the next generations, Seadra eventually gained a second type of Dragon by evolving into Kingdra, and Rhydon evolved into a very fearsome pokemon. In the 3rd gen, dragon type became no longer 'noble', likes of Altaria also appeared. Unfortunately, Gyarados and Charizard are forever sacrificed because of a BL semi-legendary!

I think Gyarados's typing is fantastic though. Nearly all rock moves are weakened by Intimidate, and a Lightning-rod partner helps Gyarados to get rid of electric moves in double battles.

Also, Gyarados looks much cooler than Milotic. Milotic reminds me of another Chinese myth of 'beauty snakes'. Those snakes infatuate innocent men by looking at them with stunning beauty and call their names. If they respond, the snake will eat their brains during the night.

Last edited:

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Gyarados all the way!

And I think they do look pretty :)

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I used to love Gyarados, until I played the games...

Now, I love Milotic, because unlike Gyarados, it doesn't pop up around everywhere with its Intimidate and Thrash. But I still like Gyarados very much and it is definitely not ugly.

Profesco

gone gently
I like them both. Including looks and battle strengths! I guess I'd pick Milotic, though, as I tend to enjoy defensive Pokemon more then offensive ones.

And thanks, grr7950m, for the backgrounds! They're very interesting.

KetchupO

tωisted
Gyarados.
Milotic is ugly. No. Seriously. It is.
Lapras should have been dubbed 'most beautiful Pokemon' :/

Milotic. I've never liked Gyarados, it looks kinda scary, and it's so annoying to battle against it.

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
I like both, but Gyrados is cooler.

Dragon_Reborn

I would have to say Milotic.Milotic is just a amazing bulky water pokemon that is hard to take down effectively.