1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gym Badge & Stats

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Jink25, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Jink25

Jink25 New Member

Do Gym Badges affect your Pkmn's Stat in Emerald?

2. mew801

mew801 Ballerina4life

um..if i remember rightly yes they do. some make them faster and some make their defense higher and so on.

3. trixie08

trixie08 Speak No Evil

Yes it does, some of them actually:

Stone Badge- Raises Attack Stat
    Dynamo Badge- Raises Speed Stat
    Balance Badge- Raises Defense Stat
    Mind Badge- Raises Special Attack and Special Defense Stats

The rest make Pokemon obey you up to a certain level.

4. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

It's always the 'odd' number gym badges that do, 1,3,5,7. The rest (2,4,6,8) just raise the maximum level pokemon obtained in trades obey you.

5. leon25270

leon25270 <- Zap Cannon Espeon

Do they raise the stats during battle, or do they affect those stats in another way; for example, Effort Value Training?

6. cocoa_adele

cocoa_adele Well-Known Member

they should, shouldn't they?
    im pretty sure i remember the gym leaders giving a speech about that

7. Slowking[George]

Slowking[George] #SPP-WiFi HOP

Yep, the gym leaders always explain the effects of their badges once you beat them.

8. BadIntent

BadIntent MSankey

If the badges give your party pokemon effort values for having them, does anyone know exactly how much?

9. ground tamer

ground tamer Hahahahahaha

I remember asking this same exact question like...a good year ago...

From what I remember from other people telling me, is that they do not actually raise any given stat. That as really as far as that thread got, but thats what I remember from it.

10. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

I'm pretty sure they don't. The reason they say they do is because you just battled their pokemon that give the matching EVs. For example, the Boulder Badge raises Defense, and both Brock's pokemon give Defense EVs.

11. EnteiFirecracker

EnteiFirecracker Destiny Calls

I'm pretty sure it's the EVs you get from battling the Gym Leaders Pokemon rather than the actual Badge.

12. MorseCoder

MorseCoder Pokemon Champion

Well, as of now, I have ALL Badges from all pokemon Regions, Im Pretty sure about that...

I really loved the 8th Badges-It makes your POkemon Follow your Every Command..

13. Raptor ruler

Raptor ruler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I think you do get those stats raised

14. "Freak" owns

"Freak" owns Banned

im pretty sure they do get raised

15. YoYie

YoYie I you bet

i'm pretty sure they don't get raised, or there would be an option 'did you complete this gym?' at all the iv calculators

the stats don't get raised, im pretty sure, so EV's seem a reasonable explanation

i was wondering this as well, but i just didn't mind posting it because it's not that influential

16. theschmizz

theschmizz Silver Trainer

yeah i dont notice any difference in the summary of ur pokemon before and after the gym so idk

17. Amazing Red

Amazing Red Well-Known Member

No because it doesn't affect ev training.

18. dragon_master_lucky

dragon_master_lucky Stealth Storm Master

I don't think they do because you really don't see the effects.

19. Duran

Duran tank'd

I think they only give the stats based on the EVs you get from the Gym Leader's pokemon.

20. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I think it is really just for looks.