• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gym leader Wallace is in such a bad position in a story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVitas

Hello, so I recently completed to main Omega Ruby quest and captured Groudon (had to use frikin master ball though as ultras seem to be not working...) Everybody was happy and thanked me and I got a red orb to make Groudon do it's primal reversion and have ability desolate land which prevents most of the water type attacks to do any damage.
And then they recommended to me to go challenge Wallace the Sootopolis gym leader. Poor guy! I decided to deposit my graveler and put Groudon in the team instead. How was the battle you ask me? I have beaten every single one of Wallace's Pokemon with one hit from Groudon! I used maybe just one potion. Pretty imbalanced and boring if you ask me :-]
Why do I get such a strong fire / ground pokemon which is invincible against water attacks and should battle a water type expert gym leader right after it? :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Legendary Pokemon are very strong compared to the average Pokemon, whether you choose to use them or not is up to you.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Legendary Pokemon are very strong compared to the average Pokemon, whether you choose to use them or not is up to you.
Yeah, with very few exceptions the cover legendaries are all Ubers, and rightly so. It was nice when BW gave you them before pitting you against Reshiram/Zekrom's opposite. In the end, pokemon games don't really adapt NPCs to your skill or power, so players need to do it for themselves.

wallace shouldn't have even been the sootopolis gym leader. i know that oras were remakes of ruby/sapphire but having juan replace wallace should've happened as a way of referencing emerald version.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RaymondCreek said:
wallace shouldn't have even been the sootopolis gym leader. i know that oras were remakes of ruby/sapphire but having juan replace wallace should've happened as a way of referencing emerald version.

I agree that Adan (Juan) deserved to return in OR/AS as the final Gym Leader. I know that OR/AS wanted to put emphasis on Ruby and Sapphire, but I felt that Mikuri's (Wallace's) role during Delta Episode was enough for him and that Adan could've just taken his place at the Rune (Sootopolis) Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.