• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym leader you like/liked most

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My only issue with Mache (Valerie) was her eyes, which freaked me out. And I've always wondered if she was a relative of the Kimono Girls.

Valerie is actually originally from Johto, possibly Ecruteak City, where the Kimono Sisters are from. So it could be likely.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Valerie is actually originally from Johto, possibly Ecruteak City, where the Kimono Sisters are from. So it could be likely.
I think it’s more of her clothing that’s influenced by being from Johto and less of her eyes. Even though the eyes are likely meant to enhance her beauty, I think that the clothing she wears links better to the culture of the region she’s from. Somehow I kinda think of her furisode as a nod to the kimonos the Kimono Girls wear and their clothing is kinda similar. Maybe one could think of her as the Fairy Kimono Girl...

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think it’s more of her clothing that’s influenced by being from Johto and less of her eyes. Even though the eyes are likely meant to enhance her beauty, I think that the clothing she wears links better to the culture of the region she’s from. Somehow I kinda think of her furisode as a nod to the kimonos the Kimono Girls wear and their clothing is kinda similar. Maybe one could think of her as the Fairy Kimono Girl...

Her eyes also look like Sylveon's, her ace Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Her eyes also look like Sylveon's, her ace Pokémon.
I think it looks more like Vaporeon's but both Sylveon's and Valerie's eyes are big anyway so that could work. Overall, her eyes remind me of the eyes of an Eeveelution.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Grant kicked my BUTT, and I'm a veteran trainer, so I gotta respect that. But I do like how trippy Olympia's gym layout was, and how creepy Valerie's was. But I'm gonna have to give it up to Korrina, for having more than one character trait, being somewhat important to the story, and for using a Hawlucha!

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Wulfric and Valerie were my 2 favourites! I've always loved Wa-lolita so seeing that style incorporated into pokemon makes me so happy. And her gym is adorable!

Wulfric is just daddy

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Grant kicked my BUTT, and I'm a veteran trainer, so I gotta respect that. But I do like how trippy Olympia's gym layout was, and how creepy Valerie's was. But I'm gonna have to give it up to Korrina, for having more than one character trait, being somewhat important to the story, and for using a Hawlucha!

Grant tripped me up a little bit when I first played through X, because his Tyrunt hits surprisingly hard for a second Gym. I won on the first try, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Grant tripped me up a little bit when I first played through X, because his Tyrunt hits surprisingly hard for a second Gym. I won on the first try, though.
I had a bit of trouble against him because Combusken wouldn’t obey (I got that event Torchic at the start of the game). Sometimes I had to try again just to beat him. And I found the others way less challenging.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I had a bit of trouble against him because Combusken wouldn’t obey (I got that event Torchic at the start of the game). Sometimes I had to try again just to beat him. And I found the others way less challenging.
He was the toughest challenge for me. I tried to do an Amaura vs. Amaura fight, and lost. Tyrunt had way more attack power than I anticipated (and it's not like Flabebe knew anything more powerful than Fairy Wind!), and its dragon typing nulled its water weakness (nice try, Frogadier). Obviously Fletchinder wasn't too strong against them. Inkay went down to Bite. It was just a really tough battle, though I managed a win on the second go-around.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
He was the toughest challenge for me. I tried to do an Amaura vs. Amaura fight, and lost. Tyrunt had way more attack power than I anticipated (and it's not like Flabebe knew anything more powerful than Fairy Wind!), and its dragon typing nulled its water weakness (nice try, Frogadier). Obviously Fletchinder wasn't too strong against them. Inkay went down to Bite. It was just a really tough battle, though I managed a win on the second go-around.
I mainly tried Combusken against him because his Pokémon were primarily weak to Fighting and I overlevelled Combusken on the way. I think I used it against both Amaura and Tyrunt. Amaura was easy and I took it down with Double Kick I think. Then Tyrunt was not just surprisingly strong but Combusken refused to attack in disobedience.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

I just remembered a thread I made on disobedient Pokémon. I've never really run into that problem, apart from a few times when I was younger and didn't really understand the mechanics of the game. (LOL, trading 'mons back from Silver to help me beat Brock in Yellow. :p)

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
Jasmine.

She's someone I would actually want to get to know as a person. And is generally represents the type of girl I'm most interested in.

Game only, not any appearance in the anime. She's not the same character.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just remembered a thread I made on disobedient Pokémon. I've never really run into that problem, apart from a few times when I was younger and didn't really understand the mechanics of the game. (LOL, trading 'mons back from Silver to help me beat Brock in Yellow. :p)
Oh. But the one with Combusken against Grant was my main problem with disobedience. It hasn’t happened with other Gym Leaders fortunately.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Jasmine.

She's someone I would actually want to get to know as a person. And is generally represents the type of girl I'm most interested in.

Game only, not any appearance in the anime. She's not the same character.

I kind of like how she's shy about battling at first. She's the total opposite of what you'd expect a Steel-type Gym Leader to be.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My only issue with Mache (Valerie) was her eyes, which freaked me out. And I've always wondered if she was a relative of the Kimono Girls.
The eyes were a bit off putting as no other human in the games have such eyes. Maybe she wore contacts? There’s no way those were her natural eyes.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Anyway Viola is the only good gym leader with Wulfric being the honorable mention I guess. They pale in comparison to the previous ones + Kahunas imo.

I kind of like how Viola is a photographer.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I personally like Viola the most. Her hairstyle and gym strike to me as "kinda" unforgettable.

Viola's Gym kind of reminds me of Bugsy's in HG/SS, because of the spider webs.

Status
Not open for further replies.