• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

In the anime a region has has more than 7 gyms since the first saga. I don't see why they don't carry this idea over to the games to increase its length, Post game of every game after GSC has felt disappointing. We should get 8 new GLs here and battle the old 11 after the Elite 4. Cilan or Chili can become a full fledge grass/fire GL and Iris can take over the final gym in both versions, but aside from that I think they should be all new

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Um, in case no one noticed this before, it's pretty obvious that Koffing will be the poison gym leader's pokemon. Why? It seems to be her band's mascot ingame. Watch the trailer right before the hero battles her. Behind the band, there is a poster (or wall decal) of a Koffing. Another point for attention to detail!!!

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
I would personally love it if they replaced all the gym leaders and elite four members with completely new characters, but leaving in all of the current characters to be part of the storyline at some time and battleable, with new designs. I drew this as what I think Lenora's redesign should look like. Should I do the others? If so, I'm trying to make them look like they're dressed for colder weather. Tell me what you think.

lenorapic.jpg

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Um, in case no one noticed this before, it's pretty obvious that Koffing will be the poison gym leader's pokemon. Why? It seems to be her band's mascot ingame. Watch the trailer right before the hero battles her. Behind the band, there is a poster (or wall decal) of a Koffing. Another point for attention to detail!!!

That doesn't mean anything. Bugsy had Spinarak boats in his gym and he didn't use one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That doesn't mean anything. Bugsy had Spinarak boats in his gym and he didn't use one.

I'm not sure that's such a good example. Regardless, I was sure that Homika would have a Koffing in her team ever since I learned that she would have one in the anime; since the anime episode was designed to promote the games, it seemed very likely that her in-game counterpart would also have a Koffing.

Shneak

I'm not sure that's such a good example. Regardless, I was sure that Homika would have a Koffing in her team ever since I learned that she would have one in the anime; since the anime episode was designed to promote the games, it seemed very likely that her in-game counterpart would also have a Koffing.

I'm not denying it, I'm just saying it doesn't confirm anything.

I think the Koffing is the 'mascot' because of the skull and crossbones on it. She seems to be a punk, and it fits her musical genre.

Ereshk

Still planning
Homika's guitar make me think she will have a Scolipede. And this might mean there will be rematches, since I doubt she will have it in her first battle (2 pokémon: first or second gym).

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
I get this crazy hunch that the E4 in these games is bound to be completely redone. It'd be interesting to see Burgh and Drayden taking over spots there with the poison girl replacing Burgh. I'd like to see Clay have a more important role as well.

kemal07

I get this crazy hunch that the E4 in these games is bound to be completely redone. It'd be interesting to see Burgh and Drayden taking over spots there with the poison girl replacing Burgh. I'd like to see Clay have a more important role as well.

I really don't think the Elite Four members should get replaced... maybe a new Champion... or an Elite member advancing as Champion (perhaps Marshal) leaving a spot for a new Elite Four member... because I don't believe the Elite Four were introduced to their fullest... I would like to see much more of Shauntal and Grimsley especially.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think the Koffing is the 'mascot' because of the skull and crossbones on it. She seems to be a punk, and it fits her musical genre.

I suppose. And even though I was against her having a member of the Venipede line, I think it'll happen anyway. I also want Shizui to have an Oshawott, and not just because I'm a huge Oshawott stan either; I just think it would fit with his design (and it's been a while since a Gym Leader had a Starter Pokemon).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
HYOUGI CITY HAS A GYM.

The Trainer school in Hyougi City has the same statues as the Gym.

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/9-d000d6a370.png => Look, outside all gyms in BW, there're two Pokeball statues.

View attachment 3969 => Hyougi's trainer school HAS THESE STATUES.

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/8-44edee1394.png => Striaton's Trainer school DOESN'T HAVE them.

The Trainer school is a gym, like ShippouCity's Gym was a museum.

Do you have a pic of the Trainer school? That'd be awesome, though.

I know in one of the other forums there was talk about the bridge from the route leading to the pokemon league being out on the map...so that there may be a new way to get to the league. Some people think you may be able to get there from Lancousta (spelling?) town...which makes me think: has anybody mentioned that maybe they could add another gym in this town? Maybe this could be the 8th gym...We are thinking about new places that could have gyms, but what about old places that don't have gyms?

I was thinking, Lacunosa Town seems like a great place to put a Dark type gym. I mean think about it, Lacunosa Town is paranoid of a monster (Kyurem) snatching them in the middle of the night, so maybe the gym leader uses his Pokemon to help stake out the city. He could be some sort of night guard or something. If we do see a Dark type gym, I'd like to see the leader have Absol, Weavile, and Zoroark.

Ace of Shades

Oh i forgot, to elaborate on my post before the Hyougi city gym leader could be a teacher or a director depending on what that building actually is, most likely a teacher. The fire type gym leader I predicted could be a dancer. The Steel type Anville town leader could be a train conductor/head mechanic/train driver. the grass type gym leader I predicted could be a mayor cause I can't think of anything better. The fighting type gym leader could be a professional athlete. and the Lacunosa leader could be like the city's protector.

Shneak

Do you have a pic of the Trainer school? That'd be awesome, though.

I was thinking, Lacunosa Town seems like a great place to put a Dark type gym. I mean think about it, Lacunosa Town is paranoid of a monster (Kyurem) snatching them in the middle of the night, so maybe the gym leader uses his Pokemon to help stake out the city. He could be some sort of night guard or something. If we do see a Dark type gym, I'd like to see the leader have Absol, Weavile, and Zoroark.

The thing is, the Giant Chasm seems to be gone from the map. Didn't they fear the monster coming from the Chasm into the city at night?

A gym there would be cool though.

Bardische

Elegance.
It would be very interesting if they could pull of the sixteen Gym concept in one region this time around. Unova is pretty huge, and I don't see why not. Also, considering that new areas have been added, like the south-western Unova, more potential Gyms are possible. Also, seeing as how Shizui takes the role of the Water-type Gym Leader, I have a feeling Cress and to an extent Cilan and Chili no longer have any reason to be Gym Leaders, mainly because it's somewhat a taboo to see two-typed Gyms in any given region.

Here's my take:

Spoiler'd because I have a lot of feels ;_;

1st Gym - Homika - Poison - She has two Pokemon. She could easily be the first or second leader. She will at least have a Koffing (anime shows she does, plus her Gym has a big image of a Koffing on her stage) and one other Poison-type, possibly a Venipede, considering her guitar.
2nd Gym - Shizui - Water - I personally think they deliberately showcased the first two Gym Leaders.

Also, I do not believe Hiougi City has a Gym. More like an officiated Trainer School. In this sense, BW2 will actually showcase an actual school where you go to for actual training and knowledge of Pokemon Battles, and not just a place where you can find out what PSN or BRN does lol. This is also where I believe you will get your starter.

MOVING ON:

And now here's where I work my imagination. On the new map, there's a pier. It's a pier/city directly below Driftveil, but they are separated by trees. These leads me to believe you can't go directly to Driftveil, but you need to take a boat from that pier to Castelia City. Sound familiar? ZOMG MR. BRINEY WHERE ARE YOU I NEED TO GET TO DEWFORD11!!! In all reason, it's a possible path.

So then here we are, back to the usual rotation. But for some damn reason, Skyarrow Bridge is closed/destroyed/taken over by 'exhibitionists'.

3rd Gym - Normal
4th Gym - Electric
5th Gym - Ground
6th Gym - Flying
7th Gym - Dark < because f*** Ice-types, seriously.
8th Gym - Dragon

R_N

It might be worth mentioning that when Pokemon Smash was rattling off the professor & the leaders, water guy was showcased first.

Might not mean anything, but hey

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
And now here's where I work my imagination. On the new map, there's a pier. It's a pier/city directly below Driftveil, but they are separated by trees. These leads me to believe you can't go directly to Driftveil, but you need to take a boat from that pier to Castelia City. Sound familiar? ZOMG MR. BRINEY WHERE ARE YOU I NEED TO GET TO DEWFORD11!!! In all reason, it's a possible path.

I was presicely thinking that exact thing!! I do believe we will jump to Castelia and head either east of north... though, I think east. (Thinking that maybe we have to give something to the Profesor at Nuvema) that way clearing some of the low Gyms.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
HYOUGI CITY HAS A GYM.

The Trainer school in Hyougi City has the same statues as the Gym.

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/9-d000d6a370.png => Look, outside all gyms in BW, there're two Pokeball statues.

View attachment 3969 => Hyougi's trainer school HAS THESE STATUES.

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/8-44edee1394.png => Striaton's Trainer school DOESN'T HAVE them.

The Trainer school is a gym, like ShippouCity's Gym was a museum.
Would be pretty cool as a gym. Considering it's right there in the beginning city, I could see them going the same route as with Giovanni and Norman, delaying our battle until later on. Could end up being like the teacher wants us to gain more experience or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.