• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
It's weird. Clay can be really easy or really tough. His first two Pokemon are a joke but that Excadrill can be menacing

Well I am playing with the Challenge Key activated, so he has four Pokémon.
I did not have any problems with the Japanese version or with him in BW, though.
I love how Burgh gushes and brags about his Dwebble & Leavanny
Gets around the fact that Swadloon is Normal/Assist only and that he has two other dudes in Challenge

Indeed. He really likes his Pokémon and the Bug-Type.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
On the subject of difficulty, I believe that the gym leader battles are innately easy, since the game gives you the resources you need to beat them. If they didn't, though, then the game would be a lot harder.

Anyway, I'm doing a solo run using the Totodile that I hatched and traded over, and oddly enough, I'm struggling to beat Roxie in Black 2. Then again, I'm avoiding all trainer battles in Black 2, and I'm using Challenge Mode, so...

rocky505

Cheren was the only hard gym leader to me in challenge mode. He kept getting crits. I had Oshawott and Sigilyph(dream radar) and lost 2 times. Went and caught a mareep to paralyze him and I won with oshawott surviving pidove with 1hp

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Cheren was the only hard gym leader to me in challenge mode. He kept getting crits. I had Oshawott and Sigilyph(dream radar) and lost 2 times. Went and caught a mareep to paralyze him and I won with oshawott surviving pidove with 1hp

I'm telling you, Normal-type gym leaders always have something to screw the player!

Chimchar15

So far I've fought Cheren and Roxie and I have to say they weren't too bad. The battle with Cheren went down to the wire and Roxie was a moderate challenge. Also are we still able to shine gym badges? I've been trying but every time I touch a badge the badge or leader's info shows up.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I dunno if I've just had absurd luck or what, but Cheren and Roxie were both cakewalks for me. Beat the entire first gym undefeated with Azurill, and the second identically with Magnemite.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Cheren wasn't a big deal to me.
Lenora and the other Normal Gym Leaders, on other hand...

Elsa wasn't hard too. She couldn't do much against my Trapinch.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Love how cheren says to prof. juniper he could have easily won if he used his old team!!!! Now if we could shift cheren to 8th gym and give him his old team.............Blue from hg/ss/g/s/c?

gliscor&yanmega

I dunno if I've just had absurd luck or what, but Cheren and Roxie were both cakewalks for me. Beat the entire first gym undefeated with Azurill, and the second identically with Magnemite.

In terms of Roxie, you used Magnemite so she was pretty much handicapped, she had no way to use her Poison moves.

For me, I've beaten up to Clay and it's been:
Cheren-One loss, but I battled him right after I defeated those other two. The next time I won I believe, but it was down to Tepig or Psyduck and whichever one had little health left, in the Red.

Roxie-Another close battle, Pignite and Psyduck used.

Burgh-I think it was close, used Pignite, Psyduck, and Sandile.

Elesa-I was able to win with two Pokemon only, Heracross's Attack is probably why, Pignite lost at some point, and I had Sandile ready to use.

Clay-Another close battle, Pignite, Krokorok, and Golduck used, the first two fainted at some point, Golduck defeated Excadrill with around half it's health still or something.

I probably would have lost a few times against most, but I always just restart the game whenever I lose or things aren't going good, I just don't want to bother with navigating through the gym again.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
In terms of Roxie, you used Magnemite so she was pretty much handicapped, she had no way to use her Poison moves.

Question, is a win against a NPC invalid to you if the person battling them is using even one little meaningless advantage? Because you make it sound like it is.

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Question, is a win against a NPC invalid to you if the person battling them is using even one little meaningless advantage? Because you make it sound like it is.

It is not invalid, but one can't say that the game is easy if they are exploiting every little advantage available.

Using Magnemite against Roxie does not make the win invalid, but to some (me included), it is very cheap, since her Poison-Types barely can attack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.