• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadorai

wandering trainer

shadorai

wandering trainer
i liked the new gym leaders, and the elite 4 is pretty nice in unova. i also enjoy fighting iris' team.

Aurath8

All the gym leaders besides Roxie are jokes when it comes to their Pokemon teams.

Magnemite. Seriously, that thing is what keeps Roxie awake at night; it's very name gives her shudders. Magnemite is why her gym is so discreet. Magnemite makes break down and cry during battle sitting there with that one little expressionless eye.

'It had no effect!'

Seriously though, I don't think I have ever so thoroughly dominated a gym battle with one pokemon as I did with Magnemite. Magnemite has great defence and resists/is immune to all the moves in the battle meaning it'll be 10 turns or so before his HP gets low. Oh what's that? Sonicboom? Kills all non-Ghosts in 2-3 hits at this point in the game? K.

Of course, if she had her Challenge Mode Grimer then Magnemite would have trouble thanks to Mud-Slap and Disable. Still, saying that other GLs were a joke by comparison is unfair considering that a lvl 11 Magnemite can take on the gym and win quite easily with no support whatsoever.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Clay is the only one that has given me any trouble in my playthroughs so far, depending on what my team is at that point.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Clay is the only one that has given me any trouble in my playthroughs so far, depending on what my team is at that point.

Which is part of the thing about the difficulty in this game, it varies depending on what your team is. If you don't have a good Water or Fighting type to use against his Excadrill, you may very well struggle against it. But in general, you'd have several options to defeat Clay at that point in the game, so it's not that worrying in general.

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
I need help with my team for the elite four. this is it:

1.Axew(In Training) - Lv. 34
Dragon Dance
Slash
False Swipe
Dragon Claw
Item - Lucky Egg
Ability - Mold Breaker

Emboar - Lv. 75
Fire Pledge
Head Smash
Flare Blitz
Blast Burn
Item- Rocky Helmet
Ability - Blaze

Cobalion - Lv. 59
Return
Retaliate
Iron Head
Sacred Sword
Item - Metal Coat
Ability - Justified

Mamoswine - Lv. 56
Ice Beam
Blizzard
AncientPower
Earthquake
Item - None
Ability - Oblivious

Azumarill - Lv. 51
Scald
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Surf
Item - Shell Bell
Ability - Huge Power

Altaria - Lv. 57
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Fly
Dragon Pulse
Item - Dragon Fang
Ability - Natural Cure

If you can help then please reply!

Attachments

• 610.png
    610.png
    249 bytes · Views: 25

FireTypeLeader

Right many moons after release I finally got around to challenging the elite 4 and is it just me that thinks iris' team is incredibly overpowered?!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Right many moons after release I finally got around to challenging the elite 4 and is it just me that thinks iris' team is incredibly overpowered?!

I did have a lot of trouble with Iris, actually, I almost lost to her in my game, and I had to use a ton of Revives. Of course, my team was somewhat weaker to begin with.

Underachiever007

I did have a lot of trouble with Iris, actually, I almost lost to her in my game, and I had to use a ton of Revives. Of course, my team was somewhat weaker to begin with.

What were your levels? I actually have a bad habit of over-levelling. I tried to stay at a decent level this time around, but after going through victory road I still ended up with a team of level 58s and 57s anyway. Iris was no problem for me.

Mew The Gato

Though she does have very good coverage for a Dragon Type user. Dragon is easily the most overpowered Type in Pokemon and she has two particularly dangerous individuals of that Type - Hydreigon and Haxorus. Hydreigon, while having somewhat unsatisfactory Speed, still has enough Bulk and power to heavily damage teams, along with very good coverage. Haxorus is ensured to get at least one Dragon Dance boost due to its Focus Sash, as it is unlikely that multi hit Moves would be able to defeat it in one turn.... unless it is faced with Shell Smash Cloyster.

One Type that half of her Pokemon fear is Fighting, which can deal with Lapras, Aggron and Hydreigon, though one Pokemon is unlikely to be able to beat all three of these alone.
The others are weak to Ice, though Archeops can threaten them back with Rock Slide.

The best way to beat Iris is to exploit the common weaknesses of the Pokemon in her team.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What were your levels? I actually have a bad habit of over-levelling. I tried to stay at a decent level this time around, but after going through victory road I still ended up with a team of level 58s and 57s anyway. Iris was no problem for me.

They were about what yours were.

telivisionhead

Anyone else think that instead of battling previous gym leaders, their relative or some sort will be the ones that we'll be battling?

For example, instead of Clay, it might be his son/daughter because he's out on a business trip abroad.
...or instead of Brycen, a new actor he's been mentoring perhaps?

Now that would be really awesome. Or maybe Skyla's dad can take over the gym for a bit while Skyla flies around doing cargo and what not. Sadly since Black,white 2 is out already and it hasen't happened but there is a change of gym leaders. :D Not many though... :(

Also Drayden should shave! HE LOOKS WEIRD TO ME, well at least change his beard a bit. Then again Drayden reminds me of President Snow from Hunger Games. :p Lol.
Also Brycen is a bit weird with his kung fu, who'd think he was an actor and puts down the gym leader FOR ACTING?!?!?!?! Weird... I thought Brycen was gonna be a fighting type gym at first and I hoped he'd be in black 2 white 2. Anyway...

telivisionhead

So true...

But we just gotta deal with it.

Yes. Like they wear the same clothes for... 2 YEARS! Basicly the trainers always do that and most trainers are identical but eh.

Does anybody like the new gym changes? Cherens new and first gym is pretty cool with all the battle courts instead of basketball courts and the playground shoved to the side. It'd be funny if all the kids at that random pokemon gym/school are on the playground and someone is battling when a challenger comes in at their lunch time and is like "Okay.... 50 little kids all in one place.... poop I'm not battling all these trainers with my level 13 oshawott just to get to cheren.." and steps out the door. And their is like only 1 kid on the playground. Roxie gym is sorta annoying since it is so small and you have to find it and it's sorta long to walk to were she is and battle the trainers. If pokemon was realistic thhe trainer can just tap roxie shoulder and scream in her ears until she battles you. :p
My favorite new gym design is probably Drayden, riding on a dragon. WOO!!! And Skyla's gym. It's really cool just running like "Hmm, I'm a bit tired guess I'll have a drink or look at my pokemon team" and they throw 6 pokeballs so their team appears and they can check their movesets and then the wind like blows all of them away. All but snorlax they happened to have. :p
Okay does anybody think Drayden looks like president snow in the hunger games? I do.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Does anybody like the new gym changes?

In some ways, yes. I like some of the improvements made to the rosters (although I do think they could've done more and better changes), but I don't like the gym designs. Half of them are dumbed down "beat X amount of trainers to reach the gym leader" designs which I hate, and most of the other gym designs aren't that great. I like gyms that have actual puzzles, and that was lacking in this game. I was also disappointed that the gym leader ordering wasn't changed that much, it'd have been much more fresh with more drastic changes, for instance if Skyla was fought near the beginning of the game, or if Cheren was fought later with his fully evolved team.

Roxie gym is sorta annoying since it is so small and you have to find it and it's sorta long to walk to were she is and battle the trainers. If pokemon was realistic thhe trainer can just tap roxie shoulder and scream in her ears until she battles you. :p

No, if it was realistic, the music would be so loud that you and all of your Pokemon would gain the ability Soundproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.