• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

Saw the trailer and around the 50 second mark, I think I see Cilan, so maybe he is in charge of that movie place? Could be wrong, but the person does seem to have green hair. Could be wrong though. A Striaton Café would be a better idea anyways, if you ask me.

Looking at shizui's hair he will most likely have Sharpedo.
I also get a feeling that he will have a Gyarados by the way his pants look.(If you look at the full body picture) Gyarados is a pokemon I find likely to appear anyway, especially if they reintroduce the Old Rod.

Homika on the other hand will probably have a pokemon from Venipede line atleast.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Good spot but I don't think it's him. Similar looking but hair looks a bit off

SuperEpicRock

Saw the trailer and around the 50 second mark, I think I see Cilan, so maybe he is in charge of that movie place? Could be wrong, but the person does seem to have green hair. Could be wrong though. A Striaton Café would be a better idea anyways, if you ask me.

Good spot but I don't think it's him. Similar looking but hair looks a bit off

I agree, You're referring to the screenshot at 52 seconds, right? Because yeah, the hair looks different from Cilan's and honestly I just don't think it looks like him. GF only has only so many body shapes they can use for overworld sprites, so some are bound to look similar, and I think in this case it is someone different, but I could be wrong.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Shizui will probably have a Golduck or Gyarados based on the design of his pants. I hope he has at least one 5th gen Pokemon in his team, though, maybe a Jellicent or something.

EDIT: Also Homika will probably have Koffing and Venipede/Whirlipede.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Possible team for Homika is Kofing and Venipede/Whirlipede.
Definitely. Her guitar's design is similar to the Venipede Line and you see a Koffing in the gym. I'd say Koffing & Venipede, with Venipede being her main.

Shizui has tons of options. I'm guessing he is the 2nd gym leader and I'll just say he has 2 Pokémon for now. Carvanha and Psyduck seem like good options, but I definitely see the gym leaders using at least one Generation V Pokémon on their team.

I think Shizui will probably have a Golduck or Gyarados based on the design of his pants. I hope he has at least one 5th gen Pokemon in his team, though, maybe a Jellicent or something.

EDIT: Also Homika will probably have Koffing and Venipede/Whirlipede.

Based on his hair he will probably have sharpedo or carvanha.

So I expect his team is Carvanha and Frillish if he's the second Gym leader.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Based on his hair he will probably have sharpedo or carvanha.

So I expect his team is Carvanha and Frillish if he's the second Gym leader.

His resemblance to the Carvanha line isn't as noticeable. Maybe he'll have three Pokemon, though.

I'm thinking it'll be Psyduck, Carvanha, and Frillish.

rocky505

His resemblance to the Carvanha line isn't as noticeable. Maybe he'll have three Pokemon, though.

I'm thinking it'll be Psyduck, Carvanha, and Frillish.
If I met a guy who had the exact same look as Shizui I would for sure notice the hair first. He might even use Azumarill though. I mean it's Blue could act as his tan and the white as the non tan.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I think that Shizui will use Mantyke, would suit him I think
Edit:Rank up :)

Torpoleon

I hope we see Iris. It would be nice to see her a little more Grown Up, you know?
True. Opelucid City isn't being covered by the fake ice layer. I wonder if they'll switch Drayden & Iris (with Drayden in White 2 & Iris in Black 2). Since it's only 2 years, I don't know if she'd change much, but if she has new clothes, it would be nice to see it in the animé.

JustifiedTerrakion

Terrakion rage!
Maybe Shizui might even use an Oshawott.It's a Water type.But that's not likely.Maybe he'll have a Frillish or go with the monkey gimmick(Panpour).And it's very likely Homika will have a Venipede or Trubbish.

kemal07

Well if Shizui's Gym is indeed on the Easter part for some reason... We shouldn't rely on the theory that the Gyms within the Cities covered under the Ice aren't accessible, For some reason I really can't see anything happening to the Nacrene Museum/Gym so I think Lenora's kinda on the safe side... Accumula I hope also gets its first Gym being a Dark-Type : )... Ahhh who knows... But I think there will be somehow more than 8 Gyms...

I mean if we were to get 16 Gyms... is it really that impossible ?...

So far we have Homika's Town or City, Shizui's Town or City, Castelia Gym, Nimbasa Gym, Driftveil Gym, Mistralton Gym, Opelucid Gym - which makes 7 for now...

Well we have Accumula, Nacrene, Striaton, Icirrus, New little Town looking place on top of the mountain, Undella, Black/White (Which I really don't see any Gyms in), Lacunosa... maybe I'm expecting too much : /, as it would have nearly All Towns and Cities having Gyms...

A Gym on one of the Bridges would be awesome... But I don't think it will happen as we would have seen it on the map...

itdalek

i worked out there will 5 gym leaders return from pokemon black and white them being: Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden (Black2) Iris (White2)
and 3 new being: Homika, Shizui, ?????
and i'm not sure about
the elite 4 and the champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.