• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss and speculate about the GYM LEADERS and ELITE FOUR, both old and new, for Black 2 and White 2.
You may discuss the Champion and the Pokemon League as a whole.

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Also, please refrain from talking about the RS remakes and the inclusion of Hoenn in the games!

Discussion of the said topics are not allowed and will be considered SPAM.

Torpoleon

Like many people speculate, I wonder if we will get more new gym leaders. I'm guessing 1 or 2 more, though I do hope we see the replaced ones at some point in the game. Of course this means gym leaders will get replaced, given the fact that if they weren't we'd be collecting more than 8 badges and there would be 2 Water gym leaders (Cress & Shizui).

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
The new gym leaders are incredibly interesting to me. I don't really think the new ones are replacing some from the previous title though. As someone said somewhere, when gym leaders are replaced the typing usually remains the same. Janice and Koga, while a poor example since it makes sense for a daughter to continue her father's legacy, is an example of this happening, as well as Juan replacing Wallace and staying a water gym. A user, sunyshore I believe, brought up a screenshot of Shooti (That's his name, right?) and his badge case with a few badges that don't actually exist in Black and White, mixed in with some that do. I know this is the anime and that it holds no indication of the games more often than not, and that these false badges have been done before just as placeholders, really. But one of the badges seemed to really resemble our new Poison-type gym leader, Homika.

This is giving me an interesting idea of, if the previous game's gym leaders are still all intact, then maybe we have the choice of choosing which badges we want. Maybe we only have a quota of 8 badges to fill before gaining entrance to the league, and can pick and choose the gyms who's badges we receive.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm definitely a supporter of more gym leaders. I don't think in a two year span all of them will stay.. but I don't think all of them would have left either. Although having a larger amount of gyms would be nice too. I've never really seen why we've had to stick to 8 gyms each reigon...

Having more gyms, but not neccessarily having to compete with all of them is definitely a good thing imo.

And yes, I agree. The two new gym leaders definitely seem more interesting than others in Unova. I mean, three triplets who do the exact same thing!? Why couldn't there have been a variation in their hobbies and/or occupation..

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I support more new leaders too.
Like 6 more, in addition to the 8 of BW and the 2 that we already know of B2W2.

16 gyms again would be so cool :)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Anyone else think that instead of battling previous gym leaders, their relative or some sort will be the ones that we'll be battling?

For example, instead of Clay, it might be his son/daughter because he's out on a business trip abroad.
...or instead of Brycen, a new actor he's been mentoring perhaps?

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Anyone else think that instead of battling previous gym leaders, their relative or some sort will be the ones that we'll be battling?

For example, instead of Clay, it might be his son/daughter because he's out on a business trip abroad.

Like the relative is a temporary stand-in? Or they've taken over the gym. That would be cool. But then who are Homika and Shizui related to?

Torpoleon

Does sound like an interesting idea. I guess it depends if we get more new gym leaders. Frankly, I don't see a connection between Homika & Shizui to any of the BW gym leaders.

SuperEpicRock

Alright, so I just wanted to say that Homika's design seems really cool to me. More than just being a poison gym leader, which in itself is pretty cool, she's the first gym leader we've ever gotten with a musical theme, IIRC (If my avatar and name don't give you a clue, I'm into playing guitar).
I'm loving how GF thought "outside the box" with the new leaders, making entirely new concepts. Anyway, just my two cents.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Like the relative is a temporary stand-in? Or they've taken over the gym. That would be cool. But then who are Homika and Shizui related to?

Well, Homika and Shizui are obviously new since they live in those new areas.

But for the case of other areas that we'll be "revisiting", other people might have taken over the gym OR the position of being the gym leader has been passed down OR asyou've said, just a temporary stand-in.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Well, Homika and Shizui are obviously new since they live in those new areas.

But for the case of other areas that we'll be "revisiting", other people might have taken over the gym OR the position of being the gym leader has been passed down OR asyou've said, just a temporary stand-in.

I would like that. We'd still be with the old gyms, but the way it is run and the leader would be different. If we dn't get new ones altogether then I like your idea. Hopefully the website updates with something new when it updates with Corocoro stuff.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well the Striaton triplets are obviously out now that we have another Water gym.

I wonder if that means we won't get monkeys like in BW.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'd like all new Gyms, please. All the missing types would be nice.

*Cough Dark Gym*

I would love to have new gym leaders. Also having the Unova leaders return for rematches would be great(and you could rematch the new leaders too).

Homika's desgin to me is cool and unique. Hopefully I like the other leaders as much.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Well the Striaton triplets are obviously out now that we have another Water gym.

I wonder if that means we won't get monkeys like in BW.

Good, the monkeys were a gimmick that made the first gym way too easy and it babied us at the start of our journey. If no Striaton Gym means no monkeys that is fine by me. Maybe the gym just became a full fledged cafe?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Good, the monkeys were a gimmick that made the first gym way too easy and it babied us at the start of our journey. If no Striaton Gym means no monkeys that is fine by me. Maybe the gym just became a full fledged cafe?

Highly probable.
Maybe we could battle them still, but only as ordinary trainers and no longer gym leaders.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Highly probable.
Maybe we could battle them still, but only as ordinary trainers and no longer gym leaders.

I'd like this. Or perhaps Cilan and Cress run the cafe, and Chili opens up that fire gym he was talking about. It'd be interesting to see him on his own and 2 years older.

Torpoleon

Highly probable.
I like it a lot. And maybe Lenora gets replaced as well, with her only being good for fossil revival.

Hopefully the Striaton triplets make their gym into a full café where you battle them and maybe even other people sitting around there? Could call for tons of EXP on our Pokémon and the battle against the Striaton triplets could even be a triple/rotation one.

Sakrey

Caring Career
With only two Pokémon in her team, I guess Homika will likely be the first gym leader to be challenged by the protagonist. Or Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.