• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Good, the monkeys were a gimmick that made the first gym way too easy and it babied us at the start of our journey. If no Striaton Gym means no monkeys that is fine by me. Maybe the gym just became a full fledged cafe?

I fail to see how they "babied" us. That Work Up's a killer move.

I fear that the first Gym here may be to easy.

Ilan

We saw in BW that every gym leader have it's profession aside from being gym leader except iris
Striatlon trio-waiters
Lenora- museum owner
Burgh-artist
Elsa-model
Clay-miner
Skyla-pilot
Iccirus leader-actor
Drayden-mayor
Iris (AKA Dora the explorer)-nothing

The poison leader (I don't plan remembering japanese names)- gitarist
The water leader- Life guard

speculation: dark gym leader- researcher of the strength of the pokemon (AKA akuruma)

BroaddySN

We are Siamese

Oh, no I meant that woman in the Dreamyard giving us a monkey was babying us. The Pokmeon the trio used were fine. I don't care that they used the monkeys.

We saw in BW that every gym leader have it's profession aside from being gym leader except iris
Striatlon trio-waiters
Lenora- museum owner
Burgh-artist
Elsa-model
Clay-miner
Skyla-pilot
Iccirus leader-actor
Drayden-mayor

speculation: dark gym leader- researcher of the strength of the pokemon (AKA akuruma)

Actually a lot of believing are believing Shizui to be a Dive Fisher.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Striatlon trio-waiters
Lenora- museum owner
Burgh-artist
Elsa-model
Clay-miner
Skyla-pilot
Iccirus leader-actor
Drayden-mayor

Iris is a Dragon Master in training.
Shizui is a diving fisherman.

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
With only two Pokémon in her team, I guess Homika will likely be the first gym leader to be challenged by the protagonist. Or Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree! I expect to see her having a Whirlpede as her main... just because of the bass guitar she has.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Striatlon trio-waiters
Lenora- museum owner
Burgh-artist
Elsa-model
Clay-miner
Skyla-pilot
Iccirus leader-actor
Drayden-mayor

Actually, Homika isn't a guitar player. She is clearly holding a bass since it only has four strings. Just tought that I would point that out. And it has been mentioned in another thread that Shizui is a dive fisher, not a life-guard. He doesn't looks like a life-guard anyways, he lacks the style of one and items (like a whistle or something) that will make him look like one.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Anyone else think that instead of battling previous gym leaders, their relative or some sort will be the ones that we'll be battling?

For example, instead of Clay, it might be his son/daughter because he's out on a business trip abroad.
...or instead of Brycen, a new actor he's been mentoring perhaps?

I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I also wonder if any of the past region gym leader might take post in Unova.

Well the Striaton triplets are obviously out now that we have another Water gym.

I wonder if that means we won't get monkeys like in BW.

I hope not because I am sick to death of those monkey.

*Cough Dark Gym*

This.

There is no reason why Dark type are still yet to have a gym.

If you didn't use the Monkey then you got a challenged.

But using the monkey in the first gym wasn't what bothered me, what bothered me was that we had to beat the first gym just to trade and I hated that.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
It would be nice to get a complete override of leaders. I do think the originals will be in there, just not with as big of a part. I could totally see GF making a Rock gym first just to mess with us. Have it in Driftveil! Though if the new water leader turns out to be one of the last, it has to be in Undella Town. But who knows...

Ilan

So Dora Iris was a master dragon in training... I wonder if she will be master dragon in BW2
dive fisher and bass player are much more creative than my idea lol
I think they are trying to discourage choosing a fire starter this time
Fighting isn't effective on poison and fire isn't effective (and weak to) water then we got a ground gym probably and then pignite is weak to ground attacks.

kemal07

I had a thought actually...

If say we do get 16 Gyms... after beating the first 8 and beating the league first time around...

The continuation of the game starts at the new starting City... but this time we traverse around making way through the paths that are covered up on the map...

This would leave the striaton triplets as the final 16th Gym... the first ever tripple battle Gym Challenge, and they each own powerful pokemon of their respective types maybe starter final evos??

Then you lead on to the final destination... Nuvema Town where we find and challenge the hero from BW, the strongest trainer in the games...

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
So Dora Iris was a master dragon in training... I wonder if she will be master dragon in BW2
Fighting isn't effective on poison and fire isn't effective (and weak to) water then we got a ground gym probably and then pignite is weak to ground attacks.

Don't forget that the last three fire starters have had the EXACT same typing.

KickAsh

halted development
This is giving me an interesting idea of, if the previous game's gym leaders are still all intact, then maybe we have the choice of choosing which badges we want. Maybe we only have a quota of 8 badges to fill before gaining entrance to the league, and can pick and choose the gyms who's badges we receive.
I love this idea. Why not have 16 Gyms with only 8 needed to challenge to Elite Four? These 16 leaders could be a mix of leaders from BW and new ones, like Homika and Shizui. As long as we weren't limited to 8 gyms, and could obtain as many badges as we wanted, I think this would be the highlight of the game. It's a really good idea. And it would require new Gym Leaders, which is promising because Homika and Shizui are so awesome.

With only two Pokémon in her team, I guess Homika will likely be the first gym leader to be challenged by the protagonist. Or Maybe I'm wrong.
How do we know she only has two Pokemon? But yeah, with only 2 she must be the first Leader.

Chili opens up that fire gym he was talking about. It'd be interesting to see him on his own and 2 years older.
Yes! I have to say that Chili was my favorite out of the triplets, and seeing him more matured and stronger, and on his own, is really tantalizing. I want to see this so bad now.

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
How do we know she only has two Pokemon? But yeah, with only 2 she must be the first Leader.

In the scans there is a screenshot of the battle with her where you can see 2 slots of the party occupied.

R_N

She will likely have a Venepede
maybe even a part grass type!

kemal07

I'd like this. Or perhaps Cilan and Cress run the cafe, and Chili opens up that fire gym he was talking about. It'd be interesting to see him on his own and 2 years older.

When does he say he wants to open up his own Gym ?

KickAsh

halted development
I agree! I expect to see her having a Whirlpede as her main... just because of the bass guitar she has.
She probably won't have a Whirlipede, because it evolves from Venipede at Lv.22, which is far too late for the first Gym Leader. I think she'll have a Venipede and hopefully a really cool second Pokemon, like Qwilfish, Spinarak, or Croagunk. She'll probably have a Foongus, though.

When does he say he wants to open up his own Gym ?
Actually....I don't think he did ever say anything along those lines..

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

She could be fought a little later on. Misty, Whitney, Brawly, and Lenora all used two Pokemon, despite not being the first Leader. If the Poison leader is the third or even the second Leader, I could see her with an underlevelled Scolipede.

So, if we assume the frozen areas on the map are inaccessible, this would mean that Cilan/Chili/Cress, Lenora, and Brycen (at the bare minimum) couldn't make a return. With two GLs confirmed, that would mean there's at least one more that we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.