• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
idk in game but im sure he said it in the anime

The games and anime are not canon... so.
I doubt Chili will get his own gym in the games.

kemal07

I'm starting to give up on the Triplets for BW2... going to miss their friendly selves... I was hoping 16 Gyms... the triplets being the final Gym Challenge of a tripple battle... But who knows...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Triplets being a triple battle would be a neat idea actually, although idk about that for a gym badge personally. I didn't like them too much personally (only gym leaders in the game to do nothing whatsoever in regards to the plot) so I wouldn't miss them.

kemal07

Wow I forgot about Pokemon Smash that would be airing in like less that 24 hours... Although... Because of last week, I'm not going to expect much from it.

The only and only thing I'm hoping for at the moment... Is that we get to see the beginning of a battle with a Gym Leader, to see if they have animated sprites... Similar to how the trailer for Pokemon Platinum showed Roark's animated sprite for the first time...

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
Wow I forgot about Pokemon Smash that would be airing in like less that 24 hours... Although... Because of last week, I'm not going to expect much from it.

The only and only thing I'm hoping for at the moment... Is that we get to see the beginning of a battle with a Gym Leader, to see if they have animated sprites... Similar to how the trailer for Pokemon Platinum showed Roark's animated sprite for the first time...

According to GCPM11 (as he said in his youtube video on the scans) there is gameplaye being shown on the next Pokémon Smash. Though, I personally don't know much about that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When does he say he wants to open up his own Gym ?

Even though that was only mentioned in the anime, I kind of hope that it's true in these games. I've never been fond of the Striaton City Gym Leaders, so I really hope that they left Striaton City and set off to follow their own dreams. Something like that, anyway. And perhaps we'll learn whether they really were the Shadow Triad or not (I'm a firm believer in the theories).

kemal07

Something interesting I found was something Cilan says in the BW games...

"In the Unova region, um, we are still novice Gym Leaders. Which means, well, that other Gym Leaders are much stronger than we are. Going...slow...and steady...is OK, so... we compete with one and get, um, stronger and stronger."

Maybe they will have a comeback in BW2 in a much stronger position...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
According to GCPM11 (as he said in his youtube video on the scans) there is gameplaye being shown on the next Pokémon Smash. Though, I personally don't know much about that.
Going off his track record (including saying Hoenn is in HGSS...and said images he used in his videos ending up coming from deviantart and new Pokemon would be coming out in it too)...I wouldn't hold much merit in what he says.

Sure, gameplay shown is not an unlikely thing at all (it is frequently done), but it isn't necessarily going to happen, and what may happen mightn't be much more than stuff like showing off a couple of battle screens of Kyruem forms.

But anyways that's another topic.

I wonder what sort of Pokemon we can expect from these new gym leaders, such as if they'll be all gen five Pokemon or not. Or for that matter if any previous gym leaders from BW (assuming at least some remain) use some pre-5th gen Pokemon first time around.

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
I wonder what sort of Pokemon we can expect from these new gym leaders, such as if they'll be all gen five Pokemon or not. Or for that matter if any previous gym leaders from BW (assuming at least some remain) use some pre-5th gen Pokemon first time around.

I think it will be a mixture between the old and new, just like the E4 in BW after defeating Alder. Yet I expect for some reason the Unovan Pokémon to be their main.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I have a feeling that either Cilan or Chilli will take over the Stration Gym all by themselves. I say this because if you pick Tepig, you'll end up facing two water gym leaders.

KickAsh

halted development
I want Chili to take over his own Gym, Cilan to transform the Striaton Gym into a cafe, and for Cress to have something to do with the Abyssal Ruins.

Blazios

So that new pictures confirm Homika has 2 Pokémon.

I'm going to start by speculating Venipede and Trubbish, assuming that she uses only Unova Pokémon.

(Foongus is the only other 5th gen poison type, btw)

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
So that new pictures confirm Homika has 2 Pokémon.

I'm going to start by speculating Venipede and Trubbish, assuming that she uses only Unova Pokémon.

(Foongus is the only other 5th gen poison type, btw)

That pretty much confirms shes the first gym leader, slight chance of being second I guess.

Sakrey

Caring Career
Juste for the love of art here, have some higher resolution artworks for Homika and Shizui.
<3

Last edited:

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
There is a Koffing painted on the wall behind her in the gym. She will probably have Koffing and Scorlipede/Venipede

I came slightly late... Was coming to say the exact thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.