• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmilewolfy

pokemon videographer
If it's a gym then they probably will delay it, since they unveiled 2 gym leaders already, and they generally release the first 2 leaders before any others.

rocky505

I see Homika's team looking like this.

LV14 Venipede
LV15 Koffing

reward: TM06 Toxic(The other poison moves seem too powerful for an early gym)

Z-man

Pokemon equality!!!
I personally think Homika's team will be:

Venipede Lv. 12
Koffing Lv. 14

Then Shizui(If he was the second gym leader) will have:

Carvanha Lv. 14
Oshawott/Dewott Lv. 16
Lombre Lv. 18

Then I think they might make Clay next, but there's something under his town.... and Castelia's pier has changed slightly, maybe they replaced Burgh (Which would make sense, thinking about Homika) and put a new gym their

Grey Wind

Okay, so we know that Homika is the first Gym, but we don't know where. I'm assuming that if the first town does have a Gym, it won't be the first one you battle. Corocoro usually reveals the first two leaders, so Shizui has to be early enough in the line of leaders, or there are no more to be revealed.

Anyway. Homika is most likely in that second town, or in the port town. Shizui is probably the Undella leader, considering his town is on a beach, and you can see those walkways underneath the ice. So, if Homika comes first, we either go to a) Driftveil or b) Castelia next, Gym or no Gym. But then they'd have to be under-leveled because their Pokemon can't devolve and asksjgbk this is so confusing. There has to be a few more leaders thrown in somewhere.

e: Actually I suppose you could go to Homika, then Clay, then Skyla, then fly across Unova to that new airport and battle Shizui in Undella, then to Nimbasa, then Castelia, then back to Iccirus and on to Opelucid.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But then they'd have to be under-leveled because their Pokemon can't devolve and asksjgbk this is so confusing. There has to be a few more leaders thrown in somewhere.

2 Years have passed. Nothing says that the leaders can't change their Pokemon and start over. Also, consider that foreign Pokemon are now scattered all over the region.

rocky505

The Poison chic is the 1st leader??? Why do they hate Grass-starters so much? D:
Correction! Why do they hate fire types so much.

Gen 1: Rock gym
Gen 3: Rock Gym
Gen 4: Rock Gym
Gen 5: Water Leader

Plus we've had Fire/Fighting for 3 gens.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The Poison chic is the 1st leader??? Why do they hate Grass-starters so much? D:

Hey, they tortured people who chose Fire for every gen except 2nd.

Maybe next gen we start with an Electric Gym. Give Water a turn at having a disadvantage :p

rocky505

Maybe next gen we start with an Electric Gym. Give Water a turn at having a disadvantage :p
Water already has one. But only if you consider the Striaton gym as a grass gym since you have to battle Cilan.

stenli

Flabebes
Correction! Why do they hate fire types so much.

Gen 1: Rock gym
Gen 3: Rock Gym
Gen 4: Rock Gym
Gen 5: Water Leader

Plus we've had Fire/Fighting for 3 gens.

They give them Fighting-types to easily handle early Rock Gym. Even Charmander gets Metal Claw at level 13. While Grass-starters always suffer stupidly small movepool and their final forms gets the lowest base stats among other starters bar in Gen 3 and 5.

rocky505

They give them Fighting-types to easily handle early Rock Gym. Even Charmander gets Metal Claw at level 13. While Grass-starters always suffer stupidly small movepool and their final forms gets the lowest base stats among other starters bar in Gen 3 and 5.
WHat I meant was giving fire/fighting to them was a bad thing because it is very unoriginal now. Snivy and Chikorita have been the only grass starters with horrid moves too.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Is the Poison chic really confirmed as the 1st Gym Leader? Btw, I think I fell in love with her, just sayin' <3.

Anyway, yeah, Game Freak really hates Grass starters and keep giving them shitty movepools, while Fire keeps getting Fighting type, Fighting type and Fighting type. The Rock-type reason no longer applies this Gen, so I dunno they insist on it.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
They give them Fighting-types to easily handle early Rock Gym.

That wasn't the case for Tepig; the first gym was Water. Plus they gave you a Pansage so Fighting wasn't necessary.

Plus I don't think they're counting on you evolving your starter before the first gym.

Aurath8

Actually Tepig had the most advantages over gyms this gen.

Tepig:
-Strong against: Lenora if you evolve it, Burgh, Brycen.
-Weak against: Elesa has two Emolga with Aerial Ace, Clay, Skyla.

Snivy:
-Strong against: Just Clay(although his signature Pokemon is neutral to Grass)
-Weak against: Burgh, Elesa(Emolga have Aerial Ace, Zebstrika has Flame Charge), Skyla, Brycen

Oshawott:
-Strong against: Clay.
-Weak against: Elesa.

All starters are disadvantaged against the first and last gyms.

To conclude, Tepig/Oshawott > Snivy

JD

I wonder if Shizui will have a Gyrados.. I just noticed his pants look a lot like them. Since he's probably the second gym leader his Gyrados probably wouldn't know much so it wouldn't be that hard especially if they give us Mareep or Blitzle early on.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well yeah if you look at all the gyms :p

But by then you have a bunch of other types of Pokemon. We were talking about the how the first gym is almost always a problem for Fire-types.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I see Homika's team looking like this.

LV14 Venipede
LV15 Koffing

reward: TM06 Toxic(The other poison moves seem too powerful for an early gym)
I think she'll use Trubbish. And for the second either Seviper, Stunky, Skorupi or Croagunk.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Actually Tepig had the most advantages over gyms this gen.

Tepig:
-Strong against: Lenora if you evolve it, Burgh, Brycen.
-Weak against: Elesa has two Emolga with Aerial Ace, Clay, Skyla.

Snivy:
-Strong against: Just Clay(although his signature Pokemon is neutral to Grass)
-Weak against: Burgh, Elesa(Emolga have Aerial Ace, Zebstrika has Flame Charge), Skyla, Brycen

Oshawott:
-Strong against: Clay.
-Weak against: Elesa.

All starters are disadvantaged against the first and last gyms.

To conclude, Tepig/Oshawott > Snivy

The first gym is all that matters with type disadvantage for starters, maybe the second too. Any sensible trainer will have built a balanced team by third gym at best, meaning the starters typing hardly matters.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Is the Poison chic really confirmed as the 1st Gym Leader? Btw, I think I fell in love with her, just sayin' <3.

Considering she has only 2 Pokemon, it's very likely.

JD

I think she'll use Trubbish. And for the second either Seviper, Stunky, Skorupi or Croagunk.

Well we already know she has Koffing.. well sort of and her guitar implies that she'll have a Venipede. Seviper seems a little too strong for the 1st gym especially since it'll probably outspeed everything you have at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.