• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
reward: TM06 Toxic(The other poison moves seem too powerful for an early gym)

Toxic is already too powerful for an early gym lol

I say it may going to be Venoshock. That's the weakest Poison-Type move that's also a TM. Not to mention it's basically a two-turn move, as you need to poison the foe first before it actually has great damage.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Well we already know she has Koffing.. well sort of and her guitar implies that she'll have a Venipede. Seviper seems a little too strong for the 1st gym especially since it'll probably outspeed everything you have at that point.
Koffing confirmed? Where?

Well, is it already confirmed she's the 1st gym leader? And I went for those Pokémon because Burgh already uses Bug-type (and a Whirlipede), and some match the color of her shirt. Although the guitar thing makes sense.

rocky505

Well, is it already confirmed she's the 1st gym leader? And I went for those Pokémon because Burgh already uses Bug-type (and a Whirlipede), and some match the color of her shirt. Although the guitar thing makes sense.
She uses a Koffing in the anime and there is a picture of one behind her and the PC in the gym.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit

She has one in the anime

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
That confirms nothing.

Indeed it does not, Bugsy has Spinarak in his gym in HG/SS and Falkner has a Hoot-Hoot, Dodrio and Pidgeot in the anime. It is by no means confirmed, just highly suggested

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
She uses a Koffing in the anime and there is a picture of one behind her and the PC in the gym.
Where's it saying she uses a Koffing in the anime? Yeah, there actually is a picture of a Koffing behind her, but that doesn't mean she has to use one.

That confirms nothing.
This ^. Although it's a good indicator. I guess she'll probably really use Koffing and Venipiede/Whirlipede/whatever. And still, where does it say also she'll be the first Gym leader?

On a curious side note, note she's a lefty. And that she actually plays a BASS, not a Guitar.

JD

Indeed it does not, Bugsy has Spinarak in his gym in HG/SS and Falkner has a Hoot-Hoot, Dodrio and Pidgeot in the anime. It is by no means confirmed, just highly suggested

HGSS wasn't a sequel though it was a remake. They never chance the teams in remakes of games the only team they changed in HGSS was Clair's and the only gave here a Gyrados instead of a Dragonair. And in the anime they only gave Falkner Dodrio and Pidgeot because Ash still had Charizard with him at that point if Falkner only had Pidgey and Pidgeotto he would have swept that gym.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Grey Wind

2 Years have passed. Nothing says that the leaders can't change their Pokemon and start over. Also, consider that foreign Pokemon are now scattered all over the region.
True. I just think that it would be a little weird for Clay to go from having an Excadrill to having a Drilbur/other weak Pokemon. I suppose they could just change it to suit their new position, but I wouldn't really like it if they made some of them "weaker", as it were.

I wonder if Shizui will have a Gyrados.. I just noticed his pants look a lot like them. Since he's probably the second gym leader his Gyrados probably wouldn't know much so it wouldn't be that hard especially if they give us Mareep or Blitzle early on.
He seems like a Dewott person to me. Design of the leader doesn't have much to do with the Pokemon they use though, except in glaringly obvious cases like Homika.

Where's it saying she uses a Koffing in the anime?
Here.

Yeah, there actually is a picture of a Koffing behind her, but that doesn't mean she has to use one.
Well the anime all but confirms that she will use it. They want to promote the games, and their not going to do that by giving her a random Koffing.

And still, where does it say also she'll be the first Gym leader?
It doesn't, but she only has two Pokemon and she's one of the first to be revealed, so it's all but confirmed.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Where's it saying she uses a Koffing in the anime? Yeah, there actually is a picture of a Koffing behind her, but that doesn't mean she has to use one.

there you go

1334448338008.png

If she's using it here and there is a picture of it in her gym then chances are she is probably using it

Last edited:

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
As far as I can tell the second Gym Leader also uses only 2 Pokémon.

God I just love her <3. Hack me the game so I can play with her sprite or something.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
True. I just think that it would be a little weird for Clay to go from having an Excadrill to having a Drilbur/other weak Pokemon. I suppose they could just change it to suit their new position, but I wouldn't really like it if they made some of them "weaker", as it were.

Well, remember that Fantina changed from being the fifth to the third GL from D/P to Platinum, and I don't see how Excadrill could be beyond a third Gym Leader's signature Pokemon unless you don't want another repeat of Miltank. But why am I putting down Clay as the third GL? Just a hunch.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Indeed her having 2 pokemon doesn't mean much as B/W first 2 gyms had 2 pokemon, Brock and Misty had 2 pokemon, am sure there are other examples but can't think of any for now

Although i do think she will be first and water guy will be second but thats just my opinion

Geekachu

Well, remember that Fantina changed from being the fifth to the third GL from D/P to Platinum, and I don't see how Excadrill could be beyond a third Gym Leader's signature Pokemon unless you don't want another repeat of Miltank. But why am I putting down Clay as the third GL? Just a hunch.

The difference being that Platinum was not a direct sequel to DP, so there weren't any canonical issues. I'm kinda guessing what other people have suggested, that the player takes a boat/ferry across to Castelia city from South-Western Unova after they've defeated Homika and Shizu, which solves a lot of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.