• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLady

heres what i am personally hoping for, for the gym leaders aha

1) so i think the poison girl is gunna' be first with
;109; and hopefully :591:

2) then if the water guys second, which i think he will be i hope he will have
:592: ;170; and maybe a low level ;055;

3) then im hoping for a rock type gym with
:525: ;111; and as his prize pokemon a ;247;

4) for the 4th gym i would really like a grass type gym leader that uses
;271; ;274; :547: :549:

5) for the 5th i think i fire type gym would be great
;038; ;059; :514: and his main pokemon :555:

6) for the 6th gym i would like flying, dont care if skyla stays or goes i just want this team
;226; ;227; :630: :628: ;279;

7) i also hope an ice gym remains, just with better and tougher pokemon like
:614: ;471; ;461; ;124; and her/his main pokemon to be ;131;

8) and for the last gym im hoping for a female dark type
:571: :625: ;461; ;248; and of course :635:

i just realised that these are actually really strong aha but also the 'third' versions usually do have alot more tougher pokemon.
if we do get 16 gyms like some people have been speculating i would hope it would go down something like this

9) i would hope for a electric type gym with predictions like
;026; ;181; ;462; :618: and :604:

10) i would like a fighting type
:620: :560: :534: :500: and ;297;

11) i would like a steel type, preferably just like jasmine (i <3 her)
:632: :589: ;448; ;306; and obviously ;376;

12) for this gym leader i would like it to be caitlin maybe de-promoting herself, i dunno
;065; ;103; ;122; ;282; and :561:

13) i would like it to be lenora,
;036; ;040; :626: ;468; ;428; and of course the lump ;242;

14) for this gym i would like it to be a double battle with iris and drayden consisting of
;330; ;373; ;230; ;334; and ;445; :612:

15) for this gym i would like an entirely new gym leader, an interesting spooky one aha
;094; ;477; ;478; :609: ;429; :623:

16) and for the last gym i would LOVE bug with a hard team like
;348; ;214; ;212; ;049; ;416; :637:

heh, and thats just what i would like for the gym leaders ^-^

Grey Wind

As far as I can tell the second Gym Leader also uses only 2 Pokémon.
Second Gym as in Shizui, or in general? Because we don't know how many Pokemon Shizui uses yet.

The difference being that Platinum was not a direct sequel to DP, so there weren't any canonical issues. I'm kinda guessing what other people have suggested, that the player takes a boat/ferry across to Castelia city from South-Western Unova after they've defeated Homika and Shizu, which solves a lot of issues.
To me, it seems incredibly likely that Shizui is Undella Town's Gym leader. He's the leader of a beach town with little wooden pathways, and we can't see anything like that in the new areas. Plus, there seems to be some wooden walkways outside Undella Town underneath the ice, and it seems to have been changed greatly with the new islands and what not. Burgh could be squeezed in as the second leader with a slight level decrease, I suppose, but it wouldn't make much sense.

If Shizui is indeed the Undella leader, the Gym order is really confusing me. B|

Mav-san

F*cking veteran

6) for the 6th gym i would like flying, dont care if skyla stays or goes i just want this team

i just realised that these are actually really strong aha but also the 'third' versions usually do have alot more tougher pokemon.
if we do get 16 gyms like some people have been speculating i would hope it would go down something like this

12) for this gym leader i would like it to be caitlin maybe de-promoting herself, i dunno

14) for this gym i would like it to be a double battle with iris and drayden consisting of

15) for this gym i would like an entirely new gym leader, an interesting spooky one aha

^ How to waste one hour at an unnecessary post.

LadyLady

i was just giving my opinions, you dont need to be so rude about it

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Amoongus on the first gym is highly unlikely, I think.

Sure it could be way underleveled....but I still think it's unlikely unless you can find Foongus around the new early routes.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
To me, it seems incredibly likely that Shizui is Undella Town's Gym leader. He's the leader of a beach town with little wooden pathways, and we can't see anything like that in the new areas. Plus, there seems to be some wooden walkways outside Undella Town underneath the ice, and it seems to have been changed greatly with the new islands and what not. Burgh could be squeezed in as the second leader with a slight level decrease, I suppose, but it wouldn't make much sense.

If Shizui is indeed the Undella leader, the Gym order is really confusing me. B|

The wooden walkways you're talking about are probably the ones of Route 14 (you know, the one covered in fog). And I also believe that Shizui will be leader of Undella, this because there seem to be 2 islands where Undella was, and Shizui's city and gym are located in a beach. At least that is what I see in the part that is covered by ice. ^^

^ How to waste one hour at an unnecessary post.

And yours wasn't unnecessary?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
i was just thinking because of Burgh having a Whirlipede? i dunno

Burgh is on the third Gym, we're talking about the first Gym :p

Grey Wind

You'll have to excuse Mav-san. He's Portuguese.

i was just thinking because of Burgh having a Whirlipede? i dunno
They'll most likely just get rid of it and replace it with something from one of the past generations. Looking at Homika's guitar, it's all but confirmed she'll have one of the line.

The wooden walkways you're talking about are probably the ones of Route 14 (you know, the one covered in fog). And I also believe that Shizui will be leader of Undella, this because there seem to be 2 islands where Undella was, and Shizui's city and gym are located in a beach. At least that is what I see in the part that is covered by ice. ^^
Nah, it's definitely not them. You can see the walkways just underneath the island. It could just be the brown border of the land contorted by the ice, but nothing else seems to be twisted that much. There doesn't really seem to be anywhere else his Gym could be located, so.

Last edited:

Mav-san

F*cking veteran

Same goes for you :p.

And yours wasn't unnecessary?
Just stated my opinion on a clear form and in a matter of seconds. Sorry but I didn't mean to be rude, it's my way of acting, it's just that going through all that trouble of making an "I hope these are the Gym Leaders" post filled with microscopic cutsie-pie Pokémon sprites not only becomes visual pollution but also completely denigrates your post. I don't mind you stating your opinion or wishes, but one thing is a cute happy post filled with sprites instead of names and another is a clear readable post that allows the user to right away understand what you want to say. I talk by myself, as it totally discouraged me from "reading" more than 3 lines of your post.

Second Gym as in Shizui, or in general? Because we don't know how many Pokemon Shizui uses yet.|
In general.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I don't see any sand or water huts in southwest Unova that would imply that Shizui is the second Gym Leader, or anything close to it. In fact, due to the consistent aid he supposedly gives to the protagonist, his gym could quite possibly be held until later in the game, such as in a location like Undella Town. I could see him replacing Brycen and being the new 7th Gym Leader.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran

Grey Wind

I don't see any sand or water huts in southwest Unova that would imply that Shizui is the second Gym Leader, or anything close to it. In fact, due to the consistent aid he supposedly gives to the protagonist, his gym could quite possibly be held until later in the game, such as in a location like Undella Town. I could see him replacing Brycen and being the new 7th Gym Leader.
He gives aid throughout the game? I thought he was just appearing a lot in Undella/his town. Never heard that.

I think that makes it even more likely that he's Undella's leader then, because if he appears a lot to help the protagonist it would make sense for him to be one of the last Gym leaders. As for a leader being replaced, I think Skyla makes the most since. They just need to have some NPC say she's off gallivanting in her aeroplane, and have her come back post-game as an additional leader.

*Portuguese

Hm, so what? And you, sir, are a xenophobic.

HEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN >>>:
'Twas a joke. Portugal is great.

Interesting point since it reminded me that all Gym Leaders will certainly have at least one new/replace Pokémon from the previous generations.
I just hope Burgh's Whirlipede is replaced with something good, and not some terrible Bug-Type like Beautifly or something. Give him a Scyther, or a Heracross and it'll be great.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
As some one said earlier in this thread, the school has the gym statues in front of it.

If it was a gym, then I reckon its gym leader should at least the 6th gym leader, maybe 7th or 8th.

They could be your old teacher and run into every now and then, looking at how well you've done.

Their type could be miscellaneous (we've only had one of that.) And they use lots of different tactics they've taught you throughout the game.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Last gym having five pokemon, and two of them being pseudo legendary is extremely unlikely.

I'm with you on the "having two pseudo-legendaries" thing but Giovanni, Juan, and Wallace (as a gym) all had five Pokemon.

These sound fun but I reckon if there were to be 16 gyms the first 8 would all have 3 pokes (except maybe the 8th)

For the new water gym leader I want him to have:
;458; - level 18
;363; - level 18
:502: - level 20

Status
Not open for further replies.