• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Second Gym as in Shizui, or in general? Because we don't know how many Pokemon Shizui uses yet.

I'm sure he'll have an Oshawott. Shizui deserves the best Pokemon around, after all. I think he may also have a Clamperl or one of its evolved forms since he seems to specialize in deep-sea Pokemon. At least, that's one of the theories that I've read, but it made sense to me.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Beck said:
I don't see any sand or water huts in southwest Unova that would imply that Shizui is the second Gym Leader, or anything close to it.

I don't even know why people thought he was one of the first gym leaders to begin with. Like you said, there is nothing that indicates it.

You'll have to excuse Mav-san. He's Portuguese.

Cram it. Once we get our economy back on its feet again, you'll see.

~Sapphire Sceptile~ said:
I just hope Burgh's Whirlipede is replaced with something good, and not some terrible Bug-Type like Beautifly or something. Give him a Scyther, or a Heracross and it'll be great.

I could see him get a Vespiqueen since his gym in BW seemed to be based off a beehive.

LadyLady

These sound fun but I reckon if there were to be 16 gyms the first 8 would all have 3 pokes (except maybe the 8th)

For the new water gym leader I want him to have:
;458; - level 18
;363; - level 18
:502: - level 20

i habe a feeling hes gunna' have a mantyke, although tbh i would hope that he does not aha

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I'm sure he'll have an Oshawott. Shizui deserves the best Pokemon around, after all. I think he may also have a Clamperl or one of its evolved forms since he seems to specialize in deep-sea Pokemon. At least, that's one of the theories that I've read, but it made sense to me.

Actually, I'm sure he'll have a Carvanha/Sharpedo.

Cram it. Once we get our economy back on its feet again, you'll see.
1292365568989.gif

Not gonna happen >:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't even know why people thought he was one of the first gym leaders to begin with. Like you said, there is nothing that indicates it.

Because when CoroCoro reveals gym leaders, it's usually the first two. Since we know that the Poison girl is first, it's possible that the swimmer guy is second.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Because when CoroCoro reveals gym leaders, it's usually the first two. Since we know that the Poison girl is first, it's possible that the swimmer guy is second.

But this is not your usual Y/C/E/Pt remake, this is an actual sequel. Who knows whose position they have, if there's gonna be more new ones.

If there are 8 new gyms, I am pretty sure they won't repeat any of the types. So a Poison, a Water, a Fire, a Ghost, a Psychic, a Fighting, a Steel and a Grass. A dark type hasn't appeared, so I don't think there will be any but I hope there is. Or also a rock since the first gym in Unova didn't really have any specific type

Unless they change Elite Fours too, I doubt there'll be a Dark-type Gym Leader.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
But this is not your usual Y/C/E/Pt remake, this is an actual sequel. Who knows whose position they have, if there's gonna be more new ones.

I don't see how that affects the fact that CoroCoro usually shows the first two.

I would like to see

Dark Gym - a protecter/detective
Multitype Gym - Cheren
Electric Gym - Elesa come back!!!!
Steel Gym - Conductor
Grass gym - a teacher
Fire Gym - Chilli or (cant think of a job lol)

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I don't see how that affects the fact that CoroCoro usually shows the first two.
So? They are just 2 new Gym Leaders that are going to fit in somewhere. Whether they are the first two or not, I'm sure it's not CoroCoro's showing order that'll say it. Homika could be the 1st or 2nd, and the water dude could be the 3rd, or even 7th, who denies that?

rocky505

So? They are just 2 new Gym Leaders that are going to fit in somewhere. Whether they are the first two or not, I'm sure it's not CoroCoro's showing order that'll say it. Homika could be the 1st or 2nd, and the water dude could be the 3rd, or even 7th, who denies that?
Whenever there are new gym leaders they would reveal them in order in corocoro. During the BW scans they revealed Cilan and Lenora first.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Whenever there are new gym leaders they would reveal them in order in corocoro. During the BW scans they revealed Cilan and Lenora first.
Like I said, this is the most unusual game in the series to date. You might be right, but who says that these are or not the only new Gym Leaders? If they are, who says they have to be 1st and 2nd, respectively? Could make sense for Homika, but the water dude could be in any other position. I say it's too soon to make such statements.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk

I don't mean to be snarky, but looking at past trends hasn't necessarily served us much good over the past few months.

Look at this image:

img_chara04_03.jpg

The colour of the building is blue, so I would assume that the type of the Gym is Water, and by what we've been told in CoroCoro Shizui is the Water-type Gym Leader. Now, next to the Gym there is a Pokemon Center on sand. Where on the map we've been given is there sand and water together? Nowhere. So while we still can't say his Gym is located in Undella Town (as we don't even know what has happened to Undella Town at the moment), I think it's fair to at least speculate that his Gym is not located near the start of the game.

rocky505

Like I said, this is the most unusual game in the series to date. You might be right, but who says that these are or not the only new Gym Leaders? If they are, who says they have to be 1st and 2nd, respectively? Could make sense for Homika, but the water dude could be in any other position. I say it's too soon to make such statements.
Seeing how Homika is first then then what I said is obviously fact, because whether or not Shizui is the 2nd leader they still came in order.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Unless we go to Undella or elsewhere early in the game, I doubt it. Shizui's gonna be a mid to late game leader, that much is what we can say about him

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

They might not be in order; I didn't say they were. But it's not unreasonable to speculate that. You asked why people were assuming this, so I gave you the train of thought people were following when they came to that conclusion.

This game is a curveball, but I don't see why that would affect CoroCoro's decision to show a different gym leader.

Aurath8

Just because GF is being new and radical doesn't mean that Corocoro are as well. Ultimately, we don't know but it seems the most logical conclusion at this point that Shizui is the second gym leader. We have no other threads to follow.
Also, remember that the map is very vague. It only shows landmarks rather than every little detail of the actual game.

I think 16 gyms, while awesome, would be very hard to implement. We're only traversing one region and even if use all the cities/towns that could possibly have gym(basically everything except Black City/White Forest) it only amounts to 15 possible gyms. Unless we traverse an entirely new region I doubt we'll see another 8 badges in our hands.

toma52

ranger
I recon that the new water guy is around the 7th gym and is located abouve undellatown near gian casam (as in previous game around badge 6-7 we get the evil team doing their thing and us stopping them) since its near the casam and thats where kyurem is found in black/white. also i recon he will have a floatzell it wouls suit him

Pokematt12

Shizui is Cress

Also, seeing as how Shizui takes the role of the Water-type Gym Leader, I have a feeling Cress and to an extent Cilan and Chili no longer have any reason to be Gym Leaders, mainly because it's somewhat a taboo to see two-typed Gyms in any given region. [/SPOILER]

Is it possible to assume that Shizui is actuall Cress. I know it seems a bit farfetch'd (excuse the pun) but they both have the same hair, eye color and origianl skin colour. he grew muscles and a tan 2 years after, as a result of parting ways with his brothers. Cress is the oldest of the three and on bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shizui) Shizui is described as "a big-hearted big brother who gives passionate advice."

If my conclusion is correct then i think we can expect to see both Cilan and Chili as independent gym leaders under new guises.

Status
Not open for further replies.