• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegon

This game is a curveball, but I don't see why that would affect CoroCoro's decision to show a different gym leader.
The second Gym Leader may just be a Gym Leader already present in Black and White. Just maybe. CoroCoro are hardly going to put Homika on display alongside Clay, for example, since he was already promoted with Black and White. They're going to reveal and advertise new Gym Leaders, no matter their placement in the game.

nope.avi

rocky505

Some are saying the 7th gym isn't seen on the new map. Shizui could be the 7th replacement.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I don't mean to be snarky, but looking at past trends hasn't necessarily served us much good over the past few months.

Look at this image:

img_chara04_03.jpg

The colour of the building is blue, so I would assume that the type of the Gym is Water, and by what we've been told in CoroCoro Shizui is the Water-type Gym Leader. Now, next to the Gym there is a Pokemon Center on sand. Where on the map we've been given is there sand and water together? Nowhere. So while we still can't say his Gym is located in Undella Town (as we don't even know what has happened to Undella Town at the moment), I think it's fair to at least speculate that his Gym is not located near the start of the game.
^That.

Seeing how Homika is first then then what I said is obviously fact, because whether or not Shizui is the 2nd leader they still came in order.

Ok, in that point of view, you're right that may come in order, but that doesn't mean Shizui IS the 2nd leader. So far we don't know how many and which of the original leaders are going to remain, and therefore, how many more new leaders will be. I even bet that they won't mess up the order, it'll be trade-by-trade.

Aurath8

If Shizui is the replacement 7th gym leader:

Who will be the 2nd gym leader, as in who will be the gym leader for the port town in SW Unova?
Where will his gym be?

rocky505

If Shizui is the replacement 7th gym leader:

Who will be the 2nd gym leader, as in who will be the gym leader for the port town in SW Unova?
Where will his gym be?
Or they give Lenora the Fantina treatment and rearrange her.

1.Homika
2.Burgh(Nimbasa blocked off)
3.Lenora
4.Elesa
5.Clay
6.Skyla
7.Shizui
8.Iris/Drayden(Or just Iris if Drayden retired in those 2 years)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Here's mine:

Homika-
Koffing Lv. 12
Venipede Lv. 14

Shizui-
Psyduck Lv. 17
Gyarados Lv. 18
Frillish Lv. 20

Burgh-
Scyther Lv. 20
Dwebble Lv. 21
Leavanny Lv. 23

Elesa-
Emolga Lv. 24
Tympole Lv. 24
Raichu Lv. 25
Zebstrika Lv. 27

Skyla (in my idea for how we progress through Unova, you would fight Skyla before Clay)
Rufflet Lv. 31
Togetic Lv. 32
Skarmory Lv. 33
Tranquill Lv. 35

Clay
Palpitoad Lv. 35
Camerupt Lv. 37
Krokorok Lv. 38
Excadrill Lv. 40

New Dark type gym leader
Umbreon Lv. 42
Absol Lv. 43
Drapion Lv. 44
Weavile Lv. 45
Zoroark Lv. 47

Drayden/Iris
Deino Lv. 45
Vibrava Lv. 47
Druddigon Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 50

Elite 4:

Shauntal:
Gengar Lv. 51
Spiritomb Lv. 52
Golurk Lv. 54
Cofagrigus Lv. 55
Chandelure Lv. 57

Brycen:
Cryogonal Lv. 51
Glalie Lv. 52
Abamasnow Lv. 54
Beartic Lv. 55
Vanilluxe Lv. 57

Caitlin:
Espeon Lv. 51
Gothitelle Lv. 52
Reuniclus Lv. 54
Metagross Lv. 55
Musharna Lv. 57

New Grass type Elite 4 member:
Leafeon Lv. 51
Whimsicott Lv. 52
Ferrothorn Lv. 54
Roserade Lv. 55
Lilligant Lv. 57

Marshall:
Scrafty Lv. 54
Hariyama Lv. 55
Sawk Lv. 57
Mienshao Lv. 59
Lucario Lv. 60
Conkeldurr Lv. 62

Gym Leader Rematch Teams:

Homika
Muk Lv. 60
Nidoqueen Lv. 61
Ariados Lv. 62
Crobat Lv. 63
Weezing Lv. 64
Scolipede Lv. 65

Shizui
Kingler Lv. 60
Octillery Lv. 61
Sharpedo Lv. 62
Gyarados Lv. 63
Lanturn Lv. 64
Golduck Lv. 65

Burgh
Kricketune Lv. 60
Ninjask Lv. 61
Heracross Lv. 62
Scizor Lv. 63
Vespiquen Lv. 64
Leavanny Lv. 65

Elesa
Emolga Lv. 60
Ampharos Lv. 61
Raichu Lv. 62
Luxray Lv. 63
Zebstrika Lv. 64
Eelektross Lv. 65

Skyla
Staraptor Lv. 60
Skarmory Lv. 61
Altaria Lv. 62
Unfezant Lv. 63
Togekiss Lv. 64
Braviary Lv. 65

Clay
Steelix Lv. 60
Camerupt Lv. 61
Krookodile Lv. 62
Rhyperior Lv. 63
Garchomp Lv. 64
Excadrill Lv. 65

Dark type Gym Leader
Umbreon Lv. 60
Absol Lv. 61
Houndoom Lv. 62
Honchkrow Lv. 63
Weavile Lv. 64
Zoroark Lv. 65

Drayden and Iris (Double Battle)
Kingdra Lv. 62
Druddigon Lv. 62
Dragonite Lv. 63
Salamence Lv. 63
Haxorus Lv. 65
Hydreigon Lv. 65

Lenora
Watchog Lv. 60
Cincinno Lv. 61
Ambipom Lv. 62
Stoutland Lv. 63
Clefable Lv. 64
Blissey Lv. 65

Cilan, Chili, and Cress (Rotational/Triple Battle)
Simisage Lv. 70
Simisear Lv. 70
Simipour Lv. 70

Elite 4 Rematch:

Shauntal
Spiritomb Lv. 71
Mismagius Lv. 72
Cofagrigus Lv. 73
Dusknoir Lv. 74
Gengar Lv. 75
Chandelure Lv. 77

Brycen:
Cryogonal Lv. 71
Glalie Lv. 72
Beartic Lv. 73
Abamasnow Lv. 74
Mamoswine Lv. 75
Vanilluxe Lv. 77

Caitlin
Xatu Lv. 71
Gardevoir Lv. 72
Espeon Lv. 73
Reuniclus Lv. 74
Metagross Lv. 75
Musharna Lv. 77

Grass Type Elite 4 Member:
Cherrim Lv. 71
Tangrowth Lv. 72
Bellosom Lv. 73
Ferrothorn Lv. 74
Roserade Lv. 75
Lilligant Lv. 77

Marshall
Hariyama Lv. 73
Machamp Lv. 75
Gallade Lv. 76
Mienshao Lv. 77
Lucario Lv. 78
Conkeldurr Lv. 80

Champion Meetup (fought in a similar fashion to the Elite 4):

Lance
Flygon Lv. 81
Haxorus Lv. 82
Garchomp Lv. 83
Hydreigon Lv. 83
Salamence Lv. 83
Dragonite Lv. 85

Steven
Forretress Lv. 81
Bastiodon Lv. 82
Ferrothorn Lv. 83
Bronzong Lv. 83
Aggron Lv. 83
Metagross Lv. 85

Cynthia
Spiritomb Lv. 80
Eelektross Lv. 81
Braviary Lv. 83
Milotic Lv. 83
Lucario Lv. 83
Garchomp Lv. 85

Alder
Waillord Lv. 81
Bisharp Lv. 82
Archeops Lv. 83
Bouffalant Lv. 83
Druddigon Lv. 83
Volcarona Lv. 85

Hilbert/Hilda
Excadrill Lv. 85
Zoroark Lv. 85
Serperior Lv. 87
Emboar Lv. 87
Samurott Lv. 87
Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 100

ash101

I don't mean to be snarky, but looking at past trends hasn't necessarily served us much good over the past few months.

Look at this image:

img_chara04_03.jpg

The colour of the building is blue, so I would assume that the type of the Gym is Water, and by what we've been told in CoroCoro Shizui is the Water-type Gym Leader. Now, next to the Gym there is a Pokemon Center on sand. Where on the map we've been given is there sand and water together? Nowhere. So while we still can't say his Gym is located in Undella Town (as we don't even know what has happened to Undella Town at the moment), I think it's fair to at least speculate that his Gym is not located near the start of the game.

Although it may just be me, but heres something to think about, In black and white arn't the Unova league logo's for the gyms red and grey like a normal pokeball, but in the picture the logo's blue and what looks like yellow (the same colours as the typing ball in that typing pokemon game I don't remember the name), maybe hinting tawords two sets of gyms? a new 8 and a previose 8, or a change in the Unova league perhaps?

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Here's mine:

Homika-
Koffing Lv. 12
Venipede Lv. 14

Shizui-
Psyduck Lv. 17
Gyarados Lv. 18
Frillish Lv. 20

Burgh-
Scyther Lv. 20
Dwebble Lv. 21
Leavanny Lv. 23

Elesa-
Emolga Lv. 24
Tympole Lv. 24
Raichu Lv. 25
Zebstrika Lv. 27

Skyla (in my idea for how we progress through Unova, you would fight Skyla before Clay)
Rufflet Lv. 31
Togetic Lv. 32
Skarmory Lv. 33
Tranquill Lv. 35

Clay
Palpitoad Lv. 35
Camerupt Lv. 37
Krokorok Lv. 38
Excadrill Lv. 40

New Dark type gym leader
Umbreon Lv. 42
Absol Lv. 43
Drapion Lv. 44
Weavile Lv. 45
Zoroark Lv. 47

Drayden/Iris
Deino Lv. 45
Vibrava Lv. 47
Druddigon Lv. 48
Haxorus Lv. 50
I bet Shizui will have Carvanha or Sharpedo. And I doubt they will switch Burgh/Lerona and Clay/Skyla's order, they'll replace them at least

Charazemma

Although it may just be me, but heres something to think about, In black and white arn't the Unova league logo's for the gyms red and grey like a normal pokeball, but in the picture the logo's blue and what looks like yellow (the same colours as the typing ball in that typing pokemon game I don't remember the name), maybe hinting tawords two sets of gyms? a new 8 and a previose 8, or a change in the Unova league perhaps?

I like the idea, but I cant see there being 16 gyms. Unova would be crammed with them. Maybe if it was bigger.

My moneys on 4/6 of the old gym leaders and 2/4 new ones. And maybe a total switch up of E4? (I hated the Unova E4!)

rocky505

I like the idea, but I cant see there being 16 gyms. Unova would be crammed with them. Maybe if it was bigger.

My moneys on 4/6 of the old gym leaders and 2/4 new ones. And maybe a total switch up of E4? (I hated the Unova E4!)
Yes the E4 were too easy in BW. They need to remove the you choose who to face feature and give them 5 pokemon and make the levels different.

rocky505

...Why? You have to fight all of them anyway, and it adds an element of strategy, letting you choose how you want to conserve your PP and health.
Because it was pointless and made them too easy. It's better for them to be just like the others were.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
img_story_03.jpg

Keep in mind the Pokemon Gym in the starting city. Albeit the Trainer School, it also seems to serve as a Gym. I don't think it's the first Gym but a new Gym building would give merit to another new Gym Leader; Cheren, perhaps?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The second Gym Leader may just be a Gym Leader already present in Black and White. Just maybe. CoroCoro are hardly going to put Homika on display alongside Clay, for example, since he was already promoted with Black and White. They're going to reveal and advertise new Gym Leaders, no matter their placement in the game.

Yes, I know. It said it was possible, not that it was going to happen. The guy asked why people kept saying that, so I was explaining why.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They should switch out the Unova champion to :/

I agree. I really don't like Alder, and I hope they replace him. I suppose he could be replaced by one of the Gym Leaders like how Steven Stone was replaced by Wallace in Emerald version, but I think I'd prefer a different character. I remember reading that Darach is supposed to be watching over Caitlin, so maybe he'll become the Champion. Or they could give us a new character entirely, which would be neat, too.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Because it was pointless and made them too easy. It's better for them to be just like the others were.

You're saying it would be easier if they kept the same exact teams but were fought in an entirely arbitrary order

Right okay

I agree. I really don't like Alder, and I hope they replace him. I suppose he could be replaced by one of the Gym Leaders like how Steven Stone was replaced by Wallace in Emerald version, but I think I'd prefer a different character. I remember reading that Darach is supposed to be watching over Caitlin, so maybe he'll become the Champion. Or they could give us a new character entirely, which would be neat, too.

I can't see Alder returning as Champion, though I doubt they'll revive Darach as a character. Cheren would probably make the most sense, maybe Marshal, and throw Alder and the BW protagonist in as hidden post-game bosses.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Here's mine speculation...

0. Achroma (???) (Hiougi City): training gym like the dojo in FRLG
1. Homika (poison) (City at the water): Venipede 12, Koffing 14
2. Lenora (Normal) (Nacrene City): Herdier 18, Watchhog 20, Bouffulant 20
3. Burgh (Bug) (Castelia City): Dwebble 22, Bee pokémon 1st stage 4th gen 22, Leavanny 23
4. Elesa (Electric) (Nimbasa City): Emolga 24, Joltik 25, Tynamo 25, Zebstrika 27
5. Son of Clay (Steel) (Driftveil City): Klink 31, Ferroseed 32, Excadrill 33, Durant 34
6. Skyla (Flying) (Airport City): Rufflet/Vallyby 35, Togetic 36, Skarmory 36, Tranquill 38
7. Shizui (Water) (Undella Islands): Golduck 40, Alomomola 41, Mantine 41, Sharpedo 43
8. Iris/Drayden (Dragon) (Dragon City): Zweilous 45, Fraxure 46, Druddigon 46, Haxorus 48

Status
Not open for further replies.