• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

You're saying it would be easier if they kept the same exact teams but were fought in an entirely arbitrary order

Right okay
I said nothing about who they would use. All I said was for them to remove the You choose who to face gimmick and make their levels different from each other.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I said nothing about who they would use. All I said was for them to remove the You choose who to face gimmick and make their levels different from each other.

I think they need more Pokemon and a fair few level-ups, but I don't see how removing the ability to face them in any order would make it that much harder.

also having just one continuous hallway is crappy building design, I mean it's annoying if the 4th E4 member wants to leave and get a soda or something

rocky505

I think they need more Pokemon and a fair few level-ups, but I don't see how removing the ability to face them in any order would make it that much harder.

also having just one continuous hallway is crappy building design, I mean it's annoying if the 4th E4 member wants to leave and get a soda or something
They can use the same building structure as the BW one. They can just lock up the other 3 members rooms and one will unlock as you beat one. Plus I can already see Marshal getting Lucario.

Grey Wind

Because when CoroCoro reveals gym leaders, it's usually the first two. Since we know that the Poison girl is first, it's possible that the swimmer guy is second.
True, but if Shizui is the the fourth/fifth/whatever Gym Leader, it would still make sense if there are old Gym Leaders in between them. They're hardly going to reveal Clay or Burgh again, so. It's all but confirmed that Shizui isn't the second leader and comes later on, imo.

Is it possible to assume that Shizui is actuall Cress. I know it seems a bit farfetch'd (excuse the pun) but they both have the same hair, eye color and origianl skin colour. he grew muscles and a tan 2 years after, as a result of parting ways with his brothers. Cress is the oldest of the three and on bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shizui) Shizui is described as "a big-hearted big brother who gives passionate advice."

If my conclusion is correct then i think we can expect to see both Cilan and Chili as independent gym leaders under new guises.
Um, no?

img_story_03.jpg

Keep in mind the Pokemon Gym in the starting city. Albeit the Trainer School, it also seems to serve as a Gym. I don't think it's the first Gym but a new Gym building would give merit to another new Gym Leader; Cheren, perhaps?
That would be great actually. It would make sense too, and explain why they didn't reveal that Gym because a) it would most likely be the last Gym and b) they wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. Plus, revealing new Gym Leaders creates more hype than revealing an old character.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I bet Shizui will have Carvanha or Sharpedo. And I doubt they will switch Burgh/Lerona and Clay/Skyla's order, they'll replace them at least

I didn't switch Lenora, I replaced her. And yeah, they probably won't switch Clay and Skyla, but just go with it.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Due to the fact that Homika has been shown to have 2 Pokemon in the gym battle against her, It's really easy to tell that she would be one of the first Gym Leaders to face in the game. Though it's kinds hard to tell for Shizui since that we don't know how many Pokemon he has yet. Then again he and Homika could possibly be the first two gyms in the game. But hey, This is how I could see there teams if they are the first two gyms in the game with Homika as 1st and Shizui as 2nd.

Homika
------------
Koffing level 13
Whirlipede level 16

Shizui
---------
Psyduck level 18
Alomomola level 20

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
They can use the same building structure as the BW one. They can just lock up the other 3 members rooms and one will unlock as you beat one. Plus I can already see Marshal getting Lucario.

The last sentence was a joke.

And yeah, if Marshal returns, Lucario is practically a must.

That would be great actually. It would make sense too, and explain why they didn't reveal that Gym because a) it would most likely be the last Gym and b) they wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. Plus, revealing new Gym Leaders creates more hype than revealing an old character.

Maybe have Bianca teaching there, and have her as the last Gym Leader?

That would be fairly epic.

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I'd love to see the first Gym in your starting city to be Normal Type. I dunno why, but a Normal Gym would be a nice way to start off the game.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Due to the fact that Homika has been shown to have 2 Pokemon in the gym battle against her, It's really easy to tell that she would be one of the first Gym Leaders to face in the game. Though it's kinds hard to tell for Shizui since that we don't know how many Pokemon he has yet. Then again he and Homika could possibly be the first two gyms in the game. But hey, This is how I could see there teams if they are the first two gyms in the game with Homika as 1st and Shizui as 2nd.

Homika
------------
Koffing level 13
Whirlipede level 16

That's a too early level for Whirlipede.

The last sentence was a joke.

And yeah, if Marshal returns, Lucario is practically a must.

Yeah, and I like the idea of Marshall ranking up as the Champion. And maybe Alder taking Cynthia's place as a strong post-game trainer.

TMaybe have Biance teaching there, and have her as the last Gym Leader?

That would be fairly epic.
I prefer Cheren, he was the one who always had an interest in battling. Bianca could be some kind of prof. or assistant.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I prefer Cheren, he was the one who always had an interest in battling. Bianca could be some kind of prof. or assistant.

Yeah, but I was thinking that in my own little world of BW2 speculation, Cheren is Champion, and Alder and the BW protagonist are hidden post-game bosses.

also flowers grow everywhere and there's free candy

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Because that stopped every other under-leveled Pokemon.

I don't really recall such happening this Gen. Maybe with Ghetsis's Hydreigon, but just that. I can't really say we can take R/B/Y and G/S/C seriously in this aspect, so many things still made few sense and remained unpolished by then.

But yeah, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

rocky505

I don't really recall such happening this Gen. Maybe with Ghetsis's Hydreigon, but just that. I can't really say we can take R/B/Y and G/S/C seriously in this aspect, so many things still made few sense and remained unpolished by then.

But yeah, that doesn't mean it won't happen.
Iris/Drayden's Haxorus.

gliscor&yanmega

Bianaca shouldn't be the last gym leader, eww

What's so "eww" about that?

I wouldn't mind it, although I rather she not be a gym leader, instead she can be off somewhere else where we can battle her post league. I hope she and Cheren and the other characters from Black and White are in this game in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.