• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I don't see what's so bad about the tan, I like it, looks interesting. Did something happen with Lenora's design? I don't recall her being changed or anything.

Her design shifted from the apron on her as normal:
150px-Black_White_Lenora.png

to her having it over her shoulder (aka the design that looks really neat and shows off her clothes):
200px-Black_White_Lenora_2.png

This edit only happened to her official art & anime appearance, in-game it was with apron in all regions.

to her having it over her shoulder (aka the design that looks really neat and shows off her clothes):

This edit only happened to her official art & anime appearance, in-game it was with apron in all regions.

because people said it was racist sigh

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
I don't see what's so bad about the tan, I like it, looks interesting. Did something happen with Lenora's design? I don't recall her being changed or anything.

The tan makes it feel like the characters are really whitewashed, I mean Iris and Drayden, for the most part are the only dark skinned people we've gotten since....since Brock? And even then Drayden is pretty light. There is nothing wrong with having Shizui actually have dark skin. I editted the previous post to add the pics so you can see them.

R_N

I don't see what is so terrible about the tan. I think it's an interesting design quirk. Guy has his shirt off the vast majority of the time, of course he's going to get a hilarious tan.

I find it endearing.
The tan makes it feel like the characters are really whitewashed, I mean Iris and Drayden, for the most part are the only dark skinned people we've gotten since....since Brock? And even then Drayden is pretty light. There is nothing wrong with having Shizui actually have dark skin. I editted the previous post to add the pics so you can see them.

Also in what universe is this guy:
185px-Black_White_Drayden.png

darkskinned

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Brock isn't dark-skinned.

[img139]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/5/59/HGSS_Brock.png[/img139]

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Even Skyla is somewhat dark.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
LOL @ all the people who are colorblind. You're all racists (jk)! I have to wonder if Marshall is dark skinned or just tanned like Shizui or something. He looks really weird IMO.

KickAsh

halted development
Here's what I think:
1rst Gym: Homika. Venipede Lv. 13, Koffing Lv.14. Her Gym will be in the second town. Gives Venom Badge and TM09 Venoshock.
2nd Gym: New Leader. Hopefully a Dark type. His Gym is in the new, big waterside city. Pawniard Lv. 17, Vullaby Lv. 19, Mightyena Lv.20. Sorrow Badge and TM95 Snarl.
3rd Gym: New Leader. A teacher at the trainer school in Hiougi City, so you backtrack. (The teacher originally says you're not experienced enough.) The school is the Gym. Leader is interested in fossils. Rock type. Archen Lv. 22, Tirtouga Lv.22, Larvitar Lv. 24. Rugged Badge and TM23 Smack Down.
4th Gym: Clay. Ground type. Clay returns as Leader of Driftveil. Sandile Lv.26, Palpitoad Lv. 28, Drilbur Lv.29. Not sure how to explain what happened to his old Pokemon. Still gives the Quake Badge and TM78 Bulldoze.
5th Gym: Skyla. Flying type. Skyla returns, too. Gym is still in Mistralton. Swoobat Lv. 30, Tranquill Lv.31, Ducklet Lv.32. She's matured, and has a less skimpy outfit. She's wearing a thick leather jacket, a hat like this, and boots. She gives the player the Jet Badge and TM62 Acrobatics.
6th Gym: New leader. Opelucid City. Dragon type. Drayden has died and Iris has returned to her home village. The new leader is Drayden's niece, or some relation to Drayden. Gabite Lv.35, Altaria Lv.36, Fraxure Lv.38. Gives Legend Badge and TM02 Dragon Claw.
7th Gym: Shizui. Water type, of course. Basculin Lv. 39, Gyarados Lv.42, Ludiculo Lv. 44, Sharpedo Lv.45. Fluid Badge and TM55 Scald.
8th Gym: Elesa. Electric type. Nimbasa City. Emolga Lv.48, Zebstrika Lv.49, Ampharos Lv. 51, Galvantula Lv.52. Bolt Badge and TM24 Thunderbolt.

Anyway, just thought this would be cool.

Bardische

Elegance.
Here's what I think:
1st Gym: Homika. Venipede Lv. 13, Koffing Lv.14. Her Gym will be in the second town. Gives Venom Badge and TM09 Venoshock.
2nd Gym: New Leader. Hopefully a Dark type. His Gym is in the new, big waterside city. Pawniard Lv. 17, Vullaby Lv. 19, Mightyena Lv.20. Sorrow Badge and TM95 Snarl.
3rd Gym: New Leader. A teacher at the trainer school in Hiougi City, so you backtrack. (The teacher originally says you're not experienced enough.) The school is the Gym. Leader is interested in fossils. Rock type. Archen Lv. 22, Tirtouga Lv.22, Larvitar Lv. 24. Rugged Badge and TM23 Smack Down.
4th Gym: Clay. Ground type. Clay returns as Leader of Driftveil. Sandile Lv.26, Palpitoad Lv. 28, Drilbur Lv.29. Not sure how to explain what happened to his old Pokemon. Still gives the Quake Badge and TM78 Bulldoze.
5th Gym: Skyla. Flying type. Skyla returns, too. Gym is still in Mistralton. Swoobat Lv. 30, Tranquill Lv.31, Ducklet Lv.32. She's matured, and has a less skimpy outfit. She's wearing a thick leather jacket, a hat like this, and boots. She gives the player the Jet Badge and TM62 Acrobatics.
6th Gym: New leader. Opelucid City. Dragon type. Drayden has died and Iris has returned to her home village. The new leader is Drayden's niece, or some relation to Drayden. Gabite Lv.35, Altaria Lv.36, Fraxure Lv.38. Gives Legend Badge and TM02 Dragon Claw.
7th Gym: Shizui. Water type, of course. Basculin Lv. 39, Gyarados Lv.42, Ludiculo Lv. 44, Sharpedo Lv.45. Fluid Badge and TM55 Scald.
8th Gym: Elesa. Electric type. Nimbasa City. Emolga Lv.48, Zebstrika Lv.49, Ampharos Lv. 51, Galvantula Lv.52. Bolt Badge and TM24 Thunderbolt.

Anyway, just thought this would be cool.

I personally think both Homika and Shizui are the first two Gym Leaders.

I don't see why we need to backtrack to Hiougi City. And I don't see how it suddenly becomes a Rock-type Gym. I'm guessing along the lines that you are a really inexperienced trainer and there's formal education in Hiougi City in the form of the trainer's school. The statues are more along the lines of saying to people that it is an officiated building of the Pokemon Association or whoever manages the Gyms and the League.

Also, I don't think we'll have access to Driftveil that early. On the map, it is clear any path to Driftveil is blocked by trees, and I'm thinking more along the lines that you have to take a boat to Castelia City.

Overall, I don't see a reason why these 'returning' leaders need to downgrade their Pokemon. It's 2 years. Clay could have had a Krookodile already but suddenly he goes back to a Sandile? Lol.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Yeah it would be cool if Cheren was the Champion

I hope he is so I can smash that smug S.O.B face in.

That was a really stupid design change right there.

I don't see anything wrong with giving a Lenora an apron, she's a chef so it would make perfect sense for her to wear one.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I hope he is so I can smash that smug S.O.B face in.

That was a really stupid design change right there.

I don't see anything wrong with giving a Lenora an apron, she's a chief so it would make perfect sense for her to wear one.

...A chief? You mean chef, right? Because that's wrong.

She's an archaeologist/museum curator.

The reason it was removed was because she looked like the "mammy" stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.