• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

gliscor&yanmega

It would be nice to see every gym leader there but that's highly unlikely.
i just hope they have Falkner :D He's awesome!

I don't think it's highly unlikely, I think it's highly likely they all will be there actually. There's no reason why they can't be there other then simply not putting them there. If you're going to put in a ton of them, might as well put them all in there.

Bardische

Elegance.
I don't think it's highly unlikely, I think it's highly likely they all will be there actually. There's no reason why they can't be there other then simply not putting them there. If you're going to put in a ton of them, might as well put them all in there.

Yep. It's a bummer though. Now there's a likelier chance some leaders need to be downloaded. But it's just like that feature in the Battle Tower where you can download a number of records and defeat them like a normal BT playthrough.

Still kind of sucks it's gonna be similar to a Battle Facility. I wanted some experience but now I'm basically going to battle facility trainers with unique sprites :<

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
It's cool to see the old Gym leaders making an appearance in Gen V. It's also good to see know that Blue will be in this Tournament, kicking it old school.

I'm looking forward to this!

shizui

actually hes the the third one most likely because cheren is the first gym leader and gives the basic badge and then its homika and then its SHIZUI!!! the best one out of all of them!

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
So...Pokemon World Tournament will have download-able characters? I was hoping that wouldn't be the case D:

Probably need Wifi for it, which I don't have. I suppose I'll be fine so long as it's not completely download-able characters, come on...give me at less half without needing Wifi or whatever D:

Stupid technology always moving forward D:

Just go to a McDonalds where they have free Wi-Fi :p. and if u dont have wi-fi then stop living in the old era of technology and start using the new stuff. u are missing out on the wifi stuff for pokemon games! :p

i think that this is really awesome, i want to face blue again! and i thought Giovanni died. Cause in HGSS, with that celebi event. when u beat him, im pretty sure you hear a splash when he exits the cave next to the waterfall, so i thought it implied he killed himself. and that was 5 years after HGSS i think.....

so BW happens 5 years after HGSS/D/P/Pt ( i think), and BW2 are 2 years after BW, so he must've not killed himself :)

Cheren looks weird without glasses..... i was hoping for him to be a leader later in the game and not one of the first few ones.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So you have to download certain characters for the World Tournament thing? That's kind of lame. If it's a normal Wi-Fi download, then I guess it won't be that bad, but if it's an AR search thing, I'm gonna be upset. I hope all the Gym Leaders can participate at the World Tournament, although I doubt that GF would include them all. :x

Shadowcloud92

Magic Bounce
It would be really cool if we got to fight playable characters from previous games. I'd imagine those will be saved for downloads, if they decided to go use them, *crosses fingers that they're not paid downloads*

Last edited:

PokeMac_2

The PokeTroll
It would be really cool if we got to fight playable characters from previous games. I'd imagine those will be saved for downloads, if they decided to go use them, *crosses fingers that they're not paid downloads*
If we do, which I really down then they'll be downloadable like you said, but the only protaganists I can actually see fighting against are Hilbert or Hilda since they should still be in the region.

silicon

Swordsman
So you have to download certain characters for the World Tournament thing? That's kind of lame. If it's a normal Wi-Fi download, then I guess it won't be that bad, but if it's an AR search thing, I'm gonna be upset. I hope all the Gym Leaders can participate at the World Tournament, although I doubt that GF would include them all. :x

I get the feeling they'll be dreamworld downloadable, sort of like the musical changes are currently.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
i think that this is really awesome, i want to face blue again! and i thought Giovanni died. Cause in HGSS, with that celebi event. when u beat him, im pretty sure you hear a splash when he exits the cave next to the waterfall, so i thought it implied he killed himself. and that was 5 years after HGSS i think.....

That wasn't five years after HGSS, that was during the Radio Tower takeover. Celebi first took Ethan and Lyra three years into the past, right around the time the Kanto games ended (after Red had defeated Giovanni). After watching Silver argue with Giovanni, Celebi takes Ethan and Lyra forward in time to when Neo Team Rocket was taking over the Radio Tower (and when you from back then were stopping them, essentially meaning that there were two of you existing at the same point in time). Here, they find Giovanni in the Tohjo Falls cave just as he was about to go and answer NTR's radio signal message and the battle him in order to prevent that. Then, after being defeated, he jumps into the water. THEN, Celebi takes Ethan and Lyra back to the time right after the originally went into the past.

Thus, Stable Time Loop.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
That wasn't five years after HGSS, that was during the Radio Tower takeover. Celebi first took Ethan and Lyra three years into the past, right around the time the Kanto games ended (after Red had defeated Giovanni). After watching Silver argue with Giovanni, Celebi takes Ethan and Lyra forward in time to when Neo Team Rocket was taking over the Radio Tower (and when you from back then were stopping them, essentially meaning that there were two of you existing at the same point in time). Here, they find Giovanni in the Tohjo Falls cave just as he was about to go and answer NTR's radio signal message and the battle him in order to prevent that. Then, after being defeated, he jumps into the water. THEN, Celebi takes Ethan and Lyra back to the time right after the originally went into the past.

Thus, Stable Time Loop.

oh ok thanks for that :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm wondering if Hoenn Gym Leaders will even be included. They'll have to get updated art and sprites.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I personally think the way they will work around the RS gym leaders is that they will simply leave them until later. Not make them available to download until the RS remakes are released. I know it's a theory that not many people like, but it's plausible. That or they just simply add them anyway. I do wonder how they will work around the obvious age differences. Seeming RS is at the beginning of the timeline Main Series time wise with Gen I and BW2 is at the end, meaning that there has been many years for many characters to age, and therefore change their appearance.

kemal07

Well what I was thinking is... if they leave out the Hoenn Leaders, then this gives all the Sinnoh & Johto Leaders a higher chance of appearing...

It would be weird to leave some out... I mean Sabrina not being on the table seemed really weird to me... I doubt she is left out...

The way I see this is...

the first round cycles would include you battling Gym Leaders of a specific region... then you move onto round circle number 2, where you battle the Elite members,,, then reaching the final cycle round where we will face the Champions...

PokeMac_2

The PokeTroll
I'm starting to think since Steven is in the tournament instead of Wallace that instead of remaking ruby and sapphire, (if they do remake 3rd gen) then they might remake emerald. But if they did, I have a feeling that they might try a different storyline for these games since if they did the same story (for the main series games that made the least money) it'd mess up the timeline and I personally think after making a sequel to bw, that Gamefreak might try to come up with something different for a 3rd gen remake.

Or at least they should, I loved the pokemon in Hoenn and the two team idea, but the story and rivals were disappointing now that I look back at it. And after the great story they made in bw and the masterpiece bw2 is turning out to be, it'd be a bad idea to go back to that smh. Going from morals to maniacs that wanna flood the world and cover the sea with land smh...

Status
Not open for further replies.