• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wunderkind

The Unovan Gym Leaders (including Brycen) are in the WT, and apparently use different teams. So they won't be confined to using the same 3 pokemon at least :D

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Roxanne from Hoenn called. She wants her name back.

-LuciRuki-

AndyBananny

Preschooler Trainer
What?!

Homika's Americanized name is Roxie? That's just wrong. Game Freak what is the matter? Roxanne is just too similar. Not to mention there are so many other names out there. She looks too spunky and pale to be a Roxie. Perhaps a Tabitha maybe? Even then that's stretching it. Show some creativity.

Should I even mention I did a role play for five years where the NPC Team Rocket grunts were named Roxie and Ron? So not only am I going to think of Nosepass when I face Roxie, but I'm going to have a unique Team Rocket complex as well. Not that it's your fault, Gamefreak, unless you read my role play on another forum that must-not-be-named. I doubt you did.

Anyway I am done with my rant. I should really stop checking these updates. They can be quite stressful.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Roxie! Now let's see if Roxanne will make a deal of it since she is in the game.

Bardische

Elegance.
You're not alone. It just got worse when I saw random Trainers in his Gym using Combee, yet they couldn't bring themselves to give him Vespiquen.

This, my thoughts exactly :1

For me, I've always got this vibe from Burgh about being a homosexual. What I mean by that is Burgh prefers his own gender over the opposite.

So when you look at it from that perspective, Gamefreak made a smart move here. Before you get critical let's think about this for a moment. Whirlipede was a poison type, and also used by Homika/Roxie. Homosexuals tend to prefer classical music over rock. Thus to continue using Whirlipede would be distasteful on Burgh's part. Also the poison typing is dangerous. He already runs the risk of catching AIDS. So it probably wasn't wise to keep that nasty thing around.

Additionally, Vespiqueen would just make Burgh appear to be over the top. While I am sure he is comfortable with his being gay. I just don't see Burgh as a flamer. He comes off more of the intellectual artistic "in touch with emotions" type of homosexual. So he probably wouldn't want to use Vespiqueen because that would be a big red sign.

With that in mind, Gamefreak went in the right direction with this one. Burgh is probably the gym leader they spent the most time developing for the sequel. It really does show.

Uhm, what.

I always imagined Homika to be called Ivy. It sounded...fairly reasonable, and quite fitting for her appearance. But Roxie. What. I dunno, I think of a biker chick.

I hope Shizui manages to snag the name Sean.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Wait so Steven AND Wallace are both Champions in the WT?!?? Cool, even Red made it n, I onder what team he will have since his level 80some Pikachu.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
So no E4 in World Tournament? :(

Also, do you think there are other "Frontier-like" leaders in the game, besides Ingo, Emmet and Banjirou?

Aegon

Guys, don't feed the troll.

I think Roxie's a perfectly fine name for Homika, even if it is slightly obvious. I don't have any qualms with it. I hope Shizui gets an excellent name, though, however unlikely it seems.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As said:
Guys, don't feed the troll.
Just report and ignore it, please, as replying to spam is also against the rules.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
Roxie is a interesting name choice even though i'm like WTF when they're already Roxanne from Ruby/Saphiere.

The only thing i'm dissapointed with the gym leaders is the fact Burgh is still using two pokemon from the same evo line. Swadloon and Levanny really? He really could have benefited from maybe a Joltik/Galvantula or Vespiquen or even Skorupi/Drapion.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
is it confirmed that Shizui is GL of Undella or of the othe bay town?

Status
Not open for further replies.