• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You mean... romance and stuff?

That is a thing I expect to NEVER see in Pokeymanz games.

Oh gosh... put romance into the Pokémon games and it'd just become one of those games that fit the Japanese schoolgirl dating simulator archetype of games. And that's a no-no for 95% of the Pokémon player audience.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Romance is in the game -- Pokemon Breeding.

But seriously speaking, they can still put a bit of romance as a little side story for some NPC or supporting character.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Oh gosh... put romance into the Pokémon games and it'd just become one of those games that fit the Japanese schoolgirl dating simulator archetype of games. And that's a no-no for 95% of the Pokémon player audience.
Well, it is a possibility...
They kinda screwed the Persona franchise with the last two installments, because of the addition of a Japanese school dating system. :<

But then again, Persona is a veery niche franchise...
Pokémon on other hand is one of the biggest and most well known, it is hard to imagine them screwing up the franchise so hard.

Tsutaja1996

To be Honest I think a little bit of romance in the games would be okay, for the more mature players anyways. Remember in HG/SS when you go into the Daycare Center with Lyra and the woman says 'so this is your boy..friend' and Lyra got shy? I thought that was cute.. But yeah none of that 'Kiss me' crap, that would be a step too far for a Pokemon game.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
You mean... romance and stuff?

That is a thing I expect to NEVER see in Pokeymanz games.

And if you've played or seen screenshots of Baro's infamous Pokemon Quartz, it's a thing you never want to see again. Ever ever ever. Creepy rapey BLEGH.

But yes, choosing the gender of the rival would be nice. It's entirely possible that'll be a future addition! Don't hold your breath, though; it did take GF almost 2 whole generations to realise that girls played pokemon too and wanted a player character of the same gender.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
it did take GF almost 2 whole generations to realise that girls played pokemon too and wanted a player character of the same gender.

Leaf was going to appear as a player character in Red and Green/Blue but they didn't have the cartridge space. So female PCs were intended from the beginning.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
To be Honest I think a little bit of romance in the games would be okay, for the more mature players anyways. Remember in HG/SS when you go into the Daycare Center with Lyra and the woman says 'so this is your boy..friend' and Lyra got shy? I thought that was cute.. But yeah none of that 'Kiss me' crap, that would be a step too far for a Pokemon game.

Not really. I am a mature player and I can't see Pokémon being beneficed by aspects like romance.
If you want this kind of stuff, there are a lot of games waiting to be played out there.
Is this just because the PC doesn't talk?

No, it is because romance have nothing to do with the franchise. That is all.

Aurath8

The above discussion is sponsored by the Nimbasa Ferris Wheel. :p

Age of the player characters/rivals notwithstanding, I think romance could work in Pokemon, or at least it'd be interesting to see how GF manage it all. The romance will probably be a side/subplot though, since pokemon games tend to put more focus on the relations between trainers and their pokemon (or pokemon and pokemon) than between to human characters.

Yeah of course it wouldn't be a main plot, just a little sideplot whenever you run into your rivals.

Wait a second this is a thread about gym leaders and elite 4 members, this is completely off topic.

Soo...how about that Elesa having completely different hair?

kemal07

Yeah of course it wouldn't be a main plot, just a little sideplot whenever you run into your rivals.

Wait a second this is a thread about gym leaders and elite 4 members, this is completely off topic.

I personally love her new hair, But clothing, I prefer a mix between the old and current, for example

I would have kept her skirt, leggings and high-heels along with the new jacket

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

It's mediocre at best, in my opinion... it looks too "segmented", if you know what I mean. At least with the other characters whose hair was meant to look fictional, at least it somewhat real. Elesa's... doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.