• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floette

Fennekin
I found Cheren to be very difficult. (Lost 4 times before winning). My team was Oshawott (14), Riolu (14), and Sewaddle (9). I had particular trouble on his second pokemon. Work up was a troubling move in that battle.

Nonetheless, Cheren was eventually dealt with. Did anyone else find him particularly difficult?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Nonetheless, Cheren was eventually dealt with. Did anyone else find him particularly difficult?

No. I had Mareep and the two Normal rodents, and was able to paraflinch his Lillipup to death. Didn't find Roxie or Burgh too difficult, either.

Maybe I'm just being cheap?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
No. I had Mareep and the two Normal rodents, and was able to paraflinch his Lillipup to death. Didn't find Roxie or Burgh too difficult, either.

Maybe I'm just being cheap?

I don't think that's being too cheap, as you're just using the resources that you have access to at that point in the game.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I also paraflinched Roxie and parafused Burgh.

In that case, I guess it'd be a bit more cheap, but still, it's not like you were hacking level 100 Pokémon in and decimating them with your level 100 Arceus. Now that'd be cheap.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination

Nope.

I only had problems with Burgh in Challenge Mode, but that is because 2 of my 3 Pokémon are weak to Rock and I didn't have super effective move against Dwebble.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh my god. I'm playing on normal and Cheren spanked me.

I took down his Patrat pretty easily but his Lillipup wanted to be a pain. It literally came out and OHKO'd my Riolu with a crit-less tackle. My Oshawott took it down to about half health before I had to recall it and use a few fodder Pokemon to heal Oshawott, then it took the rest of the Lillipup's HP out.

What on earth are Lenora and Cheren feeding their dogs?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
What on earth are Lenora and Cheren feeding their dogs?

Specially-flavored dog treats. :)

For some reason, it's always the second Pokémon of a Normal-type Gym Leader's team that gives everyone trouble. (Miltank and Watchog... >_>)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
...Vigoroth?

The only one that doesn't match well with the rest XD

However, in a sense it does give a bit more trouble than Slaking, as it attacks every turn instead of every two turns.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The only one that doesn't match well with the rest XD

However, in a sense it does give a bit more trouble than Slaking, as it attacks every turn instead of every two turns.

Yes, but when Slaking attacks, whatever you have out dies instantly.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yep. The attacking every turn part is pretty much the only thing that makes Vigoroth more problematic than Slaking, hence why I said "in a sense".

Most of the time it's not really the main problem, the real main problem is Slaking's Attack.

In the rematch it's even more annoying since Blissey will Skill Swap the Truant out.

But that's not exactly a topic for this thread, so let's cut it right here.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I found Elesa's gym to be creepy I went into the old gym by accident at first,then when I walked into a fashion show gym I was like what the...then Elesa's pokemon were evil it was like this-Emolga used volt switch! out comes zebstrika it used volt switch!....

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I found Elesa's gym to be creepy I went into the old gym by accident at first,then when I walked into a fashion show gym I was like what the...

You were supposed to do that anyway, they don't let you into Elesa's new gym without going through the old one first.

then Elesa's pokemon were evil it was like this-Emolga used volt switch! out comes zebstrika it used volt switch!....

Tell me again how this is any different from BW1.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
um

she does like exactly the same thing in BW2 that she does in BW1

arguably easier, since Flaaffy is vulnerable to Ground attacks
Well this time around I actually built a team so I had way more trouble(probably because my pignite was leading)I beat her with my Lucario mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.