• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11515

Discuss what you think pokemon you think the gyms will have, the items they'll give you, and et cetera.
Also, discuss what pokemon you think the Elite 4 will have each time, and et cetera.

:)

Hoping for the good ol' Gym leader rematch thing but I'm not sure that will happen though since it's only ever happened in the 3rd installments. 16 gym leaders would certainly be great with multiple battles though....

The main ones I'd like to see with new teams are:

Falkner: Not really asking for much here, throwing in a Zubat or a Hoothoot for some variety would be nice though.

Bugsy: Bin the Metapod and Kakuna, their evolved forms or even a Ledian would be nice.

Pryce: needs moar Delibird. :<

I haven't really thought about the Kanto leaders but Magmortar for Blaine and Roserade for Janine are obvious choices.

EDIT: I agree with Meganium ex on the levels also.

Last edited:
Yes, the levels need to be a LOT higher. Sorry, but they're quite pathetic. In Pokemon Yellow, gym leader 5 (Koga) has a L.50 Venomoth, Chuck has a L.27 Primeape. Sabrina has a L.50 Alakazam, Pryce has a L.27 Seel, Jasmine has a L.30 Magnemite, Blaine has a L.54 Arcanine.

Infact, GSC is so much weaker than Yellow, that Koga, Sabrina, Blaine and Lance have all apparently got weaker after 3 years! It gets worrying when gym leader 15 in GS has Pokemon of the same level as gym leader 5 from Yellow.

Firstly, Falkner needs to be a lot stronger. Perhaps throw a Hoothoot or Spearow in there.

Bugsy should have a Butterfree, Beedrill and Scizor, not Metapod, Kakuna and Scyther, they're just pathetic.

I could go on in this vain for a long time to be honest. Basically, I hope Game Freak bump each gym leader a few levels, and don't give them Pokemon like Pidgey and Metapod to use...

rocky505

I just want their levels to go up by about 3 or 4 then i'll be fine but team changes would be better.

Chaos Rush

Johto was severely underleveled because they included Kanto. Hopefully there's no Kanto, and they make Johto the big region it was meant to be. Seriously, in G/S/C, the EIGTH GYM LEADER's strongest Pokemon is ONLY LV40!!! In FR/LG, the FIFTH GYM LEADER's strongest Pokemon is already Lv43! That makes G/S/C's levels embarrassing, having Kanto's Gyms outclass Johto by 3 gyms.

1. Falkner needs to get a Skarmory
2. Bugsy needs to get a Butterfree & Beedrill
3. Whitney needs to get a Girafarig & Purugly
4. Morty NEEDS TO LOSE THE GASTLY AND HAUNTER!!!
5. Chuck needs to get a Heracross
6. Jasmine needs to get a Scizor & Bronzong
7. Pryce NEEDS TO HAVE HIGHER LEVELS THAN JASMINE (and get a Weavile)
8. Clair needs to stop failing with her stupid Lv37 Dragonairs.

And...all 8 gyms should get higher levels... here is the level of the Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon in the games so far:
R/B - Giovanni - Lv50 Rhydon
Yellow - Giovanni - Lv55 Rhydon
G/S/C - Clair - Lv40 Kingdra
R/S - Wallace - Lv43 Milotic
FR/LG - Giovanni - Lv50 Rhyhorn
Emerald - Juan - Lv46 Kingdra
D/P - Volkner - Lv49 Luxray
Platinum - Volkner - I don't know

Oh, look. Pretty much, R/B/FR/LG have the strongest Gyms (I'm ignoring Yellow because it's anime based). Heck, FR/LG has higher Gym levels than D/P/Pt. Of course, G/S/C has the lowest.

Better yet, here's the Champion's levels!
R/B/Y - Your Rival - Lv65 Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise
G/S/C - Lance - Lv50 Dragonite
R/S - Steven - Lv58 Metagross
FR/LG - Your Rival - Lv63 (later Lv75) Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise
Emerald - Wallace - Lv58 Milotic
D/P - Cynthia - Lv66 Garchomp
Platinum - Cynthia - 62 (later Lv78) Garchomp

Oh, look. Once again G/S/C is at the bottom, first beaten by 8 level's with Steven's Metagross.

IS THIS ENOUGH TO PROVE THAT JOHTO NEEDS HIGHER LEVELS???

Thriller

Its almost time
Falkner:
Pidgey
Noctowl

Bugsy:
Ledyba
Spinarak
Scyther

Whitney:
Clefairy
Girafarig
Blissey

Morty:
Gastly
Misdreavus

Chuck:
Machop
Machoke
Heracross

Jasmine:
Magnemite
Skarmory
Steelix

Pryce:
Swinub
Cloyster
Sneasel

Claire:
Dratini
Dragonair
Kingdra

After National Dex acquisition.

Falkner:
Pigeotto
Noctowl
Swellow
Starraptor

Bugsy:
Ledian
Ariados
Scizor
Volbeat
Illumise

Whitney:
Clefable
Girafarig
Blissey
Porygon-Z (can't think of anything else :/)

Morty:
Haunter
Mismagius
Duskclops/Dusknoir
Bannette

Chuck:
Machoke
Machamp
Heracross
Hariyama

Jasmine:
Magnezone
Skarmory
Steelix
Metang

Pryce:
Piloswine
Dewgong
Cloyster
Weavile

Clair:
Dragonair
Dragonair
Kingdra
Gabite
Shellgon

almighty umbreon

Fear the Darkness
My opinion:
-Levels boosted, just as everyone says.
-Falkner's Pidgeotto could stay (since you can catch them at level 9 waaaay back in Yellow) or perhaps be replaced by Spearow, Hoothoot, or maybe Togetic.
-Evolve Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna or replace them. Scyther is fine for the second gym leader.
-Whitney is fine, I think. Maybe give her Girafarig or Buneary/Lopunny.
-Replace Gastly with Misdreavus and maybe ditch a Haunter for another ghost. (he DID have 2 Haunter, right??)
-Evolve or dump a Magnemite from Jasmine's team for some other steal type or even Ampharos.
-Chuck needs another pokemon. Perhaps a Hitmon?
-Pryce's Seel should be dropped for Snorunt or something. Perhaps Piloswine could be evolved.
-One of Clair's Dragonair should be dropped in favor of one of the other stage 1 dragons.
I'm going to stop there because if I don't we'd be here for hours. And of course some of these would only work if they decide to add in 4th gen pokemon, but I don't see how they have a choice in some cases *coughMamoswinecough*

ForeverFlame

They definitely need to edit the Johto Dex to include some 3rd and 4th Generation Pokemon.

Falkner needs to desperately get rid of his entire team. Pidgeotto might be able to stay as the first Pokemon, but Skarmory should be the main Pokemon. Bugsy's gym needs a complete facelift. Scyther isn't so bad, but Scizor would be much better. Maybe some 3rd and 4th generation bugs, if the Johto dex is updated.

Whitney needs a better Pokemon. Clefairy and Miltank are fine, but a Vigoroth would help her team a lot. Morty's team should get revamped, as well. Cut everything except for Gengar, and give him a Misdreavus and maybe some other 3rd/4th generation ghosts.

Chuck's team should get another member. Maybe a Hitmon___?

Jasmine... Sigh. Her team is pretty sad. A Magnezone would be awesome for her, but even a Magneton wouldn't hurt.

Pryce needs a Mamoswine and a Weavile. He can keep Dewgong, but Seel should be replaced with something else (Delibird?).

Clair needs to get rid of two of her Dragonairs. I don't really know what else to do with her, honestly, but Altaria would suit her pretty well.

Pkmnlover

I want Johto NOW!!!
Ok so as many have mentioned a few changes hopefully will be made (or not, who knows?). I don't think they will make huge level changes at least for the leaders in johto.

Falkner should have like a 12 Pidgeotto or something like that. The sprout tower has hoothoot so maybe natu or doduo could be added to the team? I doubt it will be changed though. TM would probably be TM 88, Pluck.

Bugsy seriously needs Butterfree and Beedril instead of the pathetic Kakuna and Metapod. If not, at least give them Bug Bite. I think Scyther needs to be more powered up to give a bigger challenge. Scyther should be like level 18, maybe 19. My guess for the TM would be Silver Wind or U-Turn. Would they ever give a strong move like X-Scissor away so early in the game? Doubt it.

Whitney, will give away Attract or maybe even Captivate? Her team is good. Miltank was always a tough one to beat.

Morty needs Misdrevous. No big characters use it so it makes sense. Obviously he will give out Shadow Ball or Shadow Claw.

Chuck will stay the same but he needs a higher level team. Maybe level 34-5 Poliwrath. Maybe he could give away Focus Blast? But Focus Punch fits better.

Pryce, gives Avalanche. If he used Delibird or Sneasel it would be awesome! What if he gets a Mamoswine? Cool.

And Clair can give Dragon Pulse. Her team should be somewhere between starting at 38 to 45 for Kingdra. I don't see the makers doing higher levels than that. What if she has a Gyarados or even Charizard?

The Elite Four also needs higher levels. Lance's team should max out at level 55 at least. But I kind of liked their teams. Just higher levels are needed.

Golde

Always Searching~
I'm hoping for some serious challenges...

As far as items...

Falkner - Roost

Bugsy - Silver Wind or U-Turn

Whitney - Captivate or Facade...Idk why...

More later.

Also, I don't think they'll change too much E4 wise...Maybe Koga...but I doubt it,

Torpoleon

For the Johto and Kanto Gyms, I want them to be challenging and have 3rd and 4th generation Pokemon on their roster. Having a way to re battle them with their levels raising up to around the 70's would be AWESOME! As for the E4, they need A LOT of work. Their Pokemon should go from about LV 55 to LV 68 or so. That seems pretty decent. I'll post the exact Pokemon and levels for the Kanto and Johto gyms and the E4 when I know the Pokemon they had in GSC. The Pokemon's moves should include ones from the 3rd and 4th Generation.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Seriously, I'm hoping for new rosters and higher levels. I'm not a fan of Falkner's hacked Pigeotto; Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna are just pitiful; and what's up with Morty's Gastly? Levels definitely need to be higher as well.

You can get a Pidgeotto at Lv.9 before even reaching that Violet City. They are rare.

ForeverFlame

You can get a Pidgeotto at Lv.9 before even reaching that Violet City. They are rare.

I guess Falkner must have discovered the cloning glitch before we did...

I would like for some of the puzzles to be updated so that they're on par with Platinum's.

I would also like to be able to rebattle Gym Leaders (and, naturally, the Elite Four). It would be so cool to see all of the Kanto and Johto gym leaders with Level 70 3rd/4th Gen Pokemon.

Maybe they could give Brock a Croagunk, just to reference to the Anime. Also give Misty a Togekiss (which I think suits her anyway).

Instead of just battling Red, we should be able to battle a host of main characters. Brendan, May, and Blue, anyone? Brendan and May could be on the Sevii Islands, which is where I'm theorizing Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza will be made available by event (just as Lugia and Ho-Oh were previously).

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Gyms:
Falkner: Pidgey lv.12, Hoothoot lv.12, Pidgeotto lv.15 (He had an under-leveld Pidgeotto before, so why not again?)
TM: Aerial Ace
Bugsy: Butterfree lv.15, Scyther lv.17, Heracross lv.20
TM: Silver Wind
Whitney: Jigglypuff lv.22, Clefairy lv.23, Miltank lv.26
TM: Return
Morty: Gastly lv.24, Misdreavus lv.25, Haunter lv.27, Gengar lv.28
TM: Shadow Claw
Chuck: Primeape lv.31, Poliwrath lv.33, Hitmontop lv.35
TM: Brick Break
Jasmine: Magnemite lv.33, Magneton lv.37, Steelix lv.39
TM: Gyro Ball
Pryce: Seel lv.40, Swinub lv.41, Dewgong lv.43, Piloswine lv.44
TM: Blizzard
Clair: Seadra lv.45, Dragonair lv.46, Dragonair lv.45, Kingdra lv.50
TM: Dragon Pulse

Brock: Golem lv.52, Sudowoodo lv.53, Rhydon lv.54, Hippowdon lv.56
Misty: Golduck lv.55, Gastrodon lv.57, Politoed lv.56, Starmie lv.57, Gyrados lv.59
Lt. Surge: Manetric lv.61, Raichu lv.63, Electivire lv.64
Erika: Jumpluff lv.63, Tangrowth lv.63 Vileplume lv.62, Bellossom lv.64
Janine: Crobat lv.65, Ariados lv.64, Weezing lv.65, Venomoth lv.64, Nidoqueen lv.65
Sabrina: Espeon lv.65, Mr. Mime lv.66, Gardevoir lv.67, Alakazam lv.70
Blaine: Magcargo lv.65, Flareon lv.66, Rapidash lv.66, Magmortar lv.68
Blue: Pidgeot lv.70, Umbreon lv.72, Gyrados lv.72, Arcanine lv.73, Breloom lv.72, Rhyperior lv.75

Elite 4:
Will: Xatu lv.50, Exeggutor lv.51, Slowking lv.53 , Jynx lv52, Xatu lv.54
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Xatu lv.64, Exeggutor lv.63, Slowking lv.64, Gardevoir lv.65, Gallade lv.66
Koga: Ariados lv.51 , Forretress lv.53, Muk lv.52, Venomoth lv.53, Crobat lv.56
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Ariados lv.62, Forretress lv.64, Venomoth lv.64, Skuntank lv.65, Crobat lv.67
Bruno: Hitmontop lv.55, Hitmonlee lv.54, Hitmonchan lv.54, Steelix lv.53, Machamp lv.57
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Hitmontop lv.65, Machamp lv.67, Steelix lv.62, Hariyama lv.62, Lucario lv.68
Karen: Umbreon lv.54, Sneasel lv.53, Murkrow lv.52, Gengar lv.56, Houndoom lv.58
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Umbreon lv.65, Weavile lv.66, Honchkrow lv.65, Tyrannitar lv.66, Houndoom lv.63
Lance: Gyrados lv.56, Dragonair lv.53, Kingdra lv.54, Aerodactyl lv.57, Charizard lv.58, Dragonite lv.60
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Gyrados lv.67, Kingdra lv.66, Dragonite lv.68, Dragonite lv.71, Garchomp lv.69

Red: Pikachu lv.80, Venusaur lv.82, Charizard lv.85, Blastoise lv.83, Gliscor lv.84, Heracross lv.83

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Seriously, I'm hoping for new rosters and higher levels. I'm not a fan of Falkner's hacked Pigeotto; Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna are just pitiful; and what's up with Morty's Gastly? Levels definitely need to be higher as well.
Weren't you able to catch low leveled Pigeotto later in the game?

I agree that Bugsy should really get an upgrade. That was like one tough Pokemon. The others you could beat very easily. Bugsy, I believe, really needs an upgrade.

Twilite Darkrai

Pokémon Zephyr!
Saying that Johto Dex will be renewed... I would say...

Falkner
Pidgey Lv. 10
Staravia Lv. 14

Bugsy
Kricketot Lv. 15
Burmy Lv. 16
Scyther Lv. 18

Whitney
Buneary Lv. 18
Glameow Lv. 19
Miltank Lv. 22

Morty
Haunter Lv. 23
Haunter Lv. 24
Gengar Lv. 29

Chuck
Toxicroak Lv. 26
Poliwrath Lv. 30

Jasmine
Magnemite Lv. 32
Magneton Lv. 34
Steelix Lv. 38

Pryce
Snover Lv. 36
Weavile Lv. 38
Mamoswine Lv. 41

Clair
Dragonair Lv. 39
Kingdra Lv. 42
Dragonite Lv. 46

And it would be cool like a Training Camp where you can find Gym Leaders just as Platinum or maybe rematch them in their Gym by phone found in poké gear...

Falkner
Swellow Lv. 61
Noctowl Lv. 63
Pidgeotto Lv. 63
Staraptor Lv. 64

Bugsy
Kricketune Lv. 62
Mothim Lv. 64
Scizor Lv. 64
Yanmega Lv. 65

Whitney
Wigglituff Lv. 59
Lopunny Lv. 59
Miltank Lv. 62
Blissey Lv. 65

Morty
Mismagius Lv. 59
Dusknoir Lv. 64
Gengar Lv. 66

Chuck
Toxicroak Lv. 61
Medicham Lv. 63
Machamp Lv. 66

Jasmine
Magnezone Lv. 64
Steelix Lv. 66
Aggron Lv. 68

Pryce
Weavile Lv. 63
Abomasnow Lv. 65
Walrein Lv. 65
Mamoswine Lv. 67

Clair
Dragonite Lv. 64
Kingdra Lv. 65
Salamence Lv. 67
Garchomp Lv. 70

Last edited:

Tf5174

Falkner
Pidgey Lv. 10
Staravia Lv. 14

Bugsy
Kricketot Lv. 15
Burmy Lv. 16
Scyther Lv. 18

Whitney
Buneary Lv. 18
Glameow Lv. 19
Miltank Lv. 22

Morty