• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
This is what i personally think the gym leader's pokemon should be.

Falkner
Starly Lv.10
Spearow Lv. 10
Staravia Lv. 14

Bugsy
Beedrill Lv. 15
Ledyba Lv. 16
Scyther Lv. 18

Whitney
Clefairy Lv. 19
Glameow Lv. 20
Miltank Lv. 23

Morty
Misdreavus Lv. 23
Haunter Lv. 24
Gengar Lv. 29

Chuck
Toxicroak Lv. 29
Poliwrath Lv. 32

Jasmine
Magneton Lv. 32
Magnezone Lv. 34
Steelix Lv. 38

Pryce
Dewgong Lv. 36
Weavile Lv. 38
Mamoswine Lv. 41

Clair
Dragonair Lv. 39
Kingdra Lv. 41
Dragonite Lv. 46
You must have failed Reading Comprehension 101.

Anyway, it seems Bugsy's gym has been updated! ^_^ Lets hope his roster has, too!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That was like puttin ur hand in fenrir's mouth, just askin for it at this point. lol

My predictions:

Falkner: Aerial Ace / Roost
- Spearow: Lvl 10
- Pidgeotto: Lvl 12
Explanation: First gym leader and because not that much happens before Violet City, I mostly find myself around this level for most of my team by the time I've stormed Sprout Tower. Spearow is a nice replacement for Pidgey as he can pack a better punch with Peck, no pun intended.

Bugsy: Silver Wind (X-Scizzor is too powerful for this early on)
- Spinarak: Lvl 17
- Butterfree: Lvl 16
- Scyther: Lvl 18
Explanation: I agree ^ about Spinarak and that it is a too ominous a sign to ignore for the rosters. Butterfree with Stun Spore, Sleep Powder whatever it learns by 16 and Scyther packing the same Fury Cutter technique, plus Swarm to make it easier for the player. Technician with Fury Cutter might be too much, particularly for Chikorita users. You might be right about Technician, however, I would think most people would know not to use Chikorita in a Bug type gym. If not, the assistant guy could tell them.

Whitney: Attract
- Snubbull: Lvl 20
- Clefairy: Lvl 20
- Miltank: Lvl 23
Explanation: Snubbull with Intimidate will be a nasty start so early in the game. It doesn't need to be a Granbull to really pose a significant threat to early users, particularly new users to the game. Give it Bite as well to hit Ghastly. Clefairy should stick to the same Metronome strategy, but give it Sing as well. Miltank doesn't need changing in the slightest, just make it Lvl 23, only a slight increase but that's all that's needed. People that think you'l be mid 20's by this point may have a bit too much time on their hands to spend level grinding, since on my previous games I was around 22-23.

Morty: Shadow Claw / Ball
- Misdreavus: Lvl 24
- Haunter: Lvl 25
- Ghastly: Lvl 22
- Gengar: Lvl 27
Explanation: I remember Morty just having the Ghastly line before and to be honest his Gengar could be lethal if the player wasn't prepared, so just bump it up a bit but keep the same strategy. Misdreavus with Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball and Pain Split etc. Haunter and Ghastly pulling off mixtures of Curse and Confuse Ray etc. Couple of problems with this one. First, he'll probably only have 3 pokemon. Second, no Gastlies, we'd all be sick of them by that point. Third, Misdreavus learns Pain Split at Lv. 28 if that means anything to you.

Chuck: Brick Break
- Polywrath: Lvl 30
- Primeape: Lvl 30
- Hitmontop: Lvl 31
Explanation: This guy didn't used to be a challenge, but with a bit of luck and a Hitmontop with Intimidate backing him up, he might last a bit longer. Polywrath and Primeape stay the same, only give Primeape Brick Break, with Polywrath having Waterfall, Mind Reader, Dynamic Punch etc. Hitmontop needs Bulk Up and Triple Kick for starts, plus Mach Punch. First of all, you spelled Poliwrath wrong. Second, they'll probably save Hitmontop for Bruno. Heracross is probably a better choice.

Jasmine: Iron Tail
- Skarmory: Lvl 34
- Magneton: Lvl 33
- Steelix: Lvl 35
Explanation: Skarmory to set up Spikes, and give it Roost and Wing Attack. Magneton needs Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon etc, and maybe Tri Attack. Steelix to finish up with the same moveset as before, only it needs Thunder Fang as well. Now this, I like. I completely forgot about Spikes. That's a good strategy.

Pryce: Avalanche
- Dewgong: Lvl 37
- Sneasel: Lvl 36
- Jynx: Lvl 36
- Piloswine: Lvl 38
Explanation: Dewgong needs Ice Beam or Icey Wind, with Dive perhaps to prolong the match. Sneasel is just standard with Ice Shard, Slash, Pursuit etc or whatever it has at such a low level. Jynx needs Lovely Kiss again to prolong the match, with Ice Beam and Confusion or Psychic. Piloswine needs Ancient Power, Blizzard and Magnitude or Earthquake.

Claire: Dragon Pulse
- Dragonaire: Lvl 39
- Lapras: Lvl 39
- Dragonaire: Lvl 40
- Kingdra: Lvl 43
Explanation: Because of the Dragon Pokemon limitations at this stage of the game, I feel as those she would still be using two Dragonaire's at least. Give them both Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave / Swagger or something to cause status trouble. Lapras needs Sing, Surf, Ice Beam and Confuse Ray just to prolong the battle. Kingdra has Dragon Pulse, Surf, and then something like Smokescreen or Agility as fillers. I don't mind Lapras being put in, but I do mind that you didn't give it Dragon type moves. You don't just put random pokemon because they look cool, you do it because they can learn the moves of that type. In Lapras' case, he can learn Dragon Pulse by TM, Outrage by Move Tutor, and Dragon Dance by Breeding. So use some of those.

Comments in bold.

Anyway, it seems Bugsy's gym has been updated! ^_^ Lets hope his roster has, too!

The fact that the gym puzzle has Spinaraks in it gives me the impression that Bugsy will have one. But it's not for sure.

Last edited:

darkphoenix251

Phoenix Lord
oyeh i forgot to giv it them moves, i thought there was a reason i was gonna put it in n by the time it had come to the explanation i had forgotten the logik for the choice. lol yeh i know i got poliwrath wrong, i tend to spell stuf wrong wen im typin really fast.

bs2028

i like the ideas i see about gym leader strategies.

i was thinkin. falkner should at least have a hoothoot with reflect and possibly natu to throw up light screen and just make it frustrating. not much else he could do though. tailwind?? his birds are probably faster than whatever were using at that point anyway.

bugsy.. ledian can throw up screens. lotsa bugs use the powders and other status attacks. this would honestly be interesting though... have ledian pass agility to an ariados so it could actually make use of its decent attack.

whitney could have some more stategy. if she was AI'ed to switch between a chansey and miltank depending on a physical or special assault. and then attract on those 2 since theyre female only could cause problems for the majority male starters, and i think some fighting types are male only. and it wouldjust be frustrating if they had softboiled and milk drink.

morty.. umm hypnosis, will-o-wisp, toxic, thunderwave, confuse ray. ghosts are capable of almost every status i think. misdreavus with calm mind n pain split. focus blast on gengar for the dark types. idk just some ideas.

chuck.. sub-punching. bulk up. lock-on and dynamic punch. whatever else fighting types can do.

jasmine.. needs forretress and skarmory. they should be setting up stealth rock and spikes and toxic. whirlwinding you around. and sandstorm too.

pryce. hail and blizzard. icy wind to slow you down. jynx with lovely kiss and calm mind. dewgong rest and sleep talk.

claire... uhh she should be dragondancing. and something with draco meteor. kingdra should be a beast, with lke dd, waterfall, outrage, draco meteor. or special swiftswimmin, with raindance, hydropump, ice beam, dragon pulse.

Gym leaders and elite 4 pokemon should have interesting movesets including egg moves, and tm/hm or move tutors. just suprise us. they should be a challenge.

Yes, Black Doom is right. Bugsy's gym is based off a Spinark and Ariados, so I think it is VERY likely he will have one of those (or even both.)

bs2028

Yes, Black Doom is right. Bugsy's gym is based off a Spinark and Ariados, so I think it is VERY likely he will have one of those (or even both.)

i hope so. ariados should be given to bugsy instead of koga. by the elite 4 ariados is a joke. at this stage in the game however, it would be more challenging used against NFE pokemon

Ultimate Glalie

This is what I think the Gym Leaders should have:

Falkner: Roost
Lv. 11 Spearow
Lv. 13 Natu

Bugsy: Silver Wind
Lv. 18 Spinarak
Lv. 18 Ledyba
Lv. 20 Scyther

Lv. 22 Clefairy
Lv. 21 Snubbull
Lv. 24 Miltank

Morty: Shadow Ball
Lv. 27 Haunter
Lv. 27 Misdreavus
Lv. 29 Gengar

Lv. 31 Heracross
Lv. 33 Primeape
Lv. 34 Poliwrath

Lv. 34 Magneton
Lv. 34 Skarmory
Lv. 35 Forretress
Lv. 37 Steelix

Pryce: Ice Beam
Lv. 40 Dewgong
Lv. 38 Sneasel
Lv. 39 Delibird
Lv. 41 Piloswine

Clair: Dragon Pulse
Lv. 45 Dragonair
Lv. 44 Seadra
Lv. 45 Arcanine
Lv. 47 Kingdra

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is what I think the Gym Leaders should have:

Falkner: Roost
Lv. 11 Spearow
Lv. 13 Natu

Bugsy: Silver Wind
Lv. 18 Spinarak
Lv. 18 Ledyba
Lv. 20 Scyther

Lv. 22 Clefairy
Lv. 21 Snubbull
Lv. 24 Miltank

Morty: Shadow Ball
Lv. 27 Haunter
Lv. 27 Misdreavus
Lv. 29 Gengar

Lv. 31 Heracross
Lv. 33 Primeape
Lv. 34 Poliwrath

Lv. 34 Magneton
Lv. 34 Skarmory
Lv. 35 Forretress
Lv. 37 Steelix

Pryce: Ice Beam
Lv. 40 Dewgong
Lv. 38 Sneasel
Lv. 39 Delibird
Lv. 41 Piloswine

Clair: Dragon Pulse
Lv. 45 Dragonair
Lv. 44 Seadra
Lv. 45 Arcanine
Lv. 47 Kingdra

Pretty good. Although I doubt Falkner will get rid of his Pidgeotto. Also, I think the Gym Leaders will give out the newer TMs like those from DPPt.

o_0

Herbalist
It is very likely that Bugsy will add a Spinarak rather than an Ariados because it evolves at level 22, which is much too high of a level for the second, considering its not even Bugsy's signature Pokemon. Also, they will want to save Ariados for Koga at the Elite Four.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
im thinking
falkner ;021; ;177; ;017; pluck
bugsy ;167; ;011; ;123; silver wind
whitney ;035; ;209; ;241; attract
morty ;093; ;200; ;093; ;094; shadow ball
chuck ;057; ;214; ;062; focus blast
jasmine ;081; ;082; ;227; ;208; iron tail
pryce ;091; ;087; ;131; ;221; hail
clair ;148; ;148; ;130; ;230; dragon pulse

i didnt want to give Jynx to Pryce because it didnt seem fitting, and i didnt want to give Sneasel because weve just seen it with Candice, and i didnt want to give Delibird because its "rare" or whatever. i am beginning to sway towards the idea of lapras with clair, but lapras with pryce is better i think.
clair is definitely a closet dark user. damn you game freak and your paranoia over being sued by parents.

It is very likely that Bugsy will add a Spinarak rather than an Ariados because it evolves at level 22, which is much too high of a level for the second, considering its not even Bugsy's signature Pokemon. Also, they will want to save Ariados for Koga at the Elite Four.
No it's not. Gardenia had a level 22 Roserade, as well as a level 20 Cherim and Turtwig.

So Bugsy could easily have a level 22 Ariados, a level 20 Scyther, and a level 20...Ledian?

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Here's my list

Falkner-Zeypher Badge-TM 88 Pluck
Murkrow lvl 10
Hoot-Hoot lvl 10
Pidgeotto lvl 12

Bugsy-Hive Badge-TM 62 Silver Wind
Beedrill lvl 18
Spinarak lvl 18
Scyther lvl 20

Whitney-Plain Badge-TM 45 Attract
Clefairy lvl 23
Furret lvl 24
Miltank lvl 26

Morty-Fog Badge-TM 30 Shadow Ball
Haunter lvl 28
Midreavus lvl 29
Gengar lvl 31

Chuck-Storm Badge-TM 01 Focus Punch
Hitmontop lvl 34
Primape lvl 34
Heracross lvl 35
Poliwrath lvl 36

Jasmine-Mineral Badge-TM 23 Iron Tail
Magneton lvl 37
Skarmory lvl 38
Steelix lvl 40

Pryce-Glacier Badge-TM 13 Ice Beam
Delibird lvl 41
Sneasel lvl 41
Dewgong lvl 42
Piloswine lvl 43

Clair-Rising Badge-TM 59 Dragon Pulse
Lapras lvl 46
Dragonair lvl 44
Gyarados lvl 46
Ampharos lvl 45
Kingdra lvl 48

--------------------

Will-Elite Four Member One
Espeon lvl 50
Exeggutor lvl 50
Slowking lvl 61
Alakazam lvl 61
Xatu lvl 62

Koga-Elite Four Member Two
Weezing lvl 52
Muk lvl 52
Forrtress lvl 53
Nidoking lvl 53
Crobat lvl 54

Bruno-Elite Four Member Three
Steelix lvl 54
Hitmontop lvl 54
Hitmonchan lvl 55
Hitmonlee lvl 55
Machamp lvl 56

Karen-Elite Four Member Four
Umbreon lvl 56
Murkrow lvl 56
Sneasel lvl 57
Tyranitar lvl 57
Houndoom lvl 58

Lance-Champion
Charizard lvl 58
Gyarados lvl 58
Aerodayctyl lvl 59
Kingdra lvl 59
Arcanine lvl 59
Dragonite lvl 60

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
No it's not. Gardenia had a level 22 Roserade, as well as a level 20 Cherim and Turtwig.
So Bugsy could easily have a level 22 Ariados, a level 20 Scyther, and a level 20...Ledian?
Wrong, remember the levels in GSC were really low and if they do raise their level it won't be that high it'll probably be by 1-3 levels.
Why would they make ariados his strongest if syther is already his signature.

Last edited:
Why would they make ariados his strongest if syther is already his signature.
They can change his signature Pokemon, I mean, Scyther was his main Pokemon 10 years ago...Scyther would still be in there.

It's very likely the levels will get a major boost, these games are clearly being upgraded to the max, and they are up to date with DPPt...

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
They can change his signature Pokemon, I mean, Scyther was his main Pokemon 10 years ago...Scyther would still be in there.

Why not Syther is a cool pokemon with great stats and moves.
Plus its a remake with some additional features. They won't change the gym leaders to much except maybe add or replace a non-signature pokemon.

Why not Syther is a cool pokemon with great stats and moves.
Plus its a remake with some additional features. They won't change the gym leaders to much except maybe add or replace a non-signature pokemon.
Scyther IS a cool Pokemon, and I do want it in his team. However, since Bugsy's gym is based off Spinarak and Ariados, it would be pointless for Bugsy to not have one.

This may be a remake, but a lot of things are changing. (And for the better.)

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
Scyther IS a cool Pokemon, and I do want it in his team. However, since Bugsy's gym is based off Spinarak and Ariados, it would be pointless for Bugsy to not have one.

This may be a remake, but a lot of things are changing. (And for the better.)

I'm not saying it couldn't be on his team, but it won't be on hos team as a signature pokemon. I know a lot of things are changing and most of it is good, but I don't think gym leaders should be messed with unless they get new pokemon or better choice for some lousy ones on their team such as replacing Faulkners pigdey or one of Bugsy's cacoons.

Jinbei

Finally! I beat Chuck and just beat Jasmine! YAYZ!

Jasmine:
Skarmory Lv.37
Magneton Lv.37
Scizor Lv. 39
Steelix Lv.40

I know she won't use Szizor... >_< Just wanted to put it out there...

MisterH

I'm thinking something along these lines:

Falkner:
Natu
Hoothoot
Pidgeotto

Xatu
Noctowl
Pidgeot
Skarmory
Altaria (<--- YEAH. Look at that.)

Bugsy:
Spinarak
Ledian
Scyther

Ariados
Ledian
Scizor
Vespiquen
Heracross (Maybe?)

Whitney:
Furret
Clefairy
Miltank

Furret
Clefable
Miltank
Togekiss
Delcatty

Morty:
Haunter
Misdreavus
Gengar

Spiritomb
Mismagius
Gengar
Banette
Froslass (I know it's weird, but we don't want him to be too similar to Fantina.)

Chuck:
Primeape
Heracross
Poliwrath

Primeape
Heracross/Medicham
Poliwrath
Hariyama
Blaziken/Toxicroak

Jasmine:
Magneton
Foretress
Steelix

Magnezone
Foretress
Steelix
Empoleon
Metagross/Bronzong

Pryce:
Delibird
Lapras
Dewgong
Piloswine

Delibird
Lapras
Mamoswine
Walrein
Glalie

Claire:
Gyarados
Lapras/Feraligatr/Dragonair (It's really hard to say)
Dragonair
Kingdra

Gyarados
Flygon
Dragonite
Kingdra
Salamance

---

Will:
Exeggutor
Jynx
Slowking
Espeon
Xatu

Exeggutor
Jynx
Slowking
Gardevoir/Gallade
Xatu

Koga:
Ariados
Muk
Qwilfish
Venomoth
Crobat

Drapion
Muk
Tentacruel
Venomoth
Crobat

Bruno:
Hitmontop
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Rhydon
Machamp

Hitmontop
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan/Rhyperior
Lucario
Gallade

Karen:
Murkrow
Houndoom
Sneasel
Umbreon
Tyranitar

Honchkrow
Houndoom
Weavile
Umbreon
Tyranitar

Lance:
Gyarados
________ (I dunno... Another Dragonite?)
Feraligatr (Maybe?)
Aerodactyl
Charizard
Dragonite

Gyarados
Garchomp
Salamence
Aerodactyl
Charizard
Dragonite

--

Kanto is a confusing mess I don't want to have to deal with now. National Dex after Kanto or l33t 4? I dunno. I can't really be sure what they'll have. Maybe Erika w/ a Meganium?

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Hey when I looked at the new Azalea Gym again I saw that it was Spinarak and Ledyba not Ariados if you look here
it looks more like Ledyba. Now I know there are going to be arguments against this but remember this was just an opinon, as in I may be wrong.