• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Shadow_Clone147

Indraga Mano
It's not that hard @__@ And I mean it's the last gym, its supposed to be challenging.

I suppose your right, but i still think its a little too much

Carlisle said:
I heard there was a rumor that Whitney got a Tauros. o_O;
That would be beastly. Anger Point + Horn Attack = Team Sweep?

Harder should have been the word to use, and I never expect "top variety."

Just take a look at the Johto gyms. They failed in every way. Only what, four Johto Pokemon were used? Kingrda, Miltank, Steelix, and uh....Piloswine? Pretty bad. No one wants to see three Dragonairs or the evolution lines again and again.

It was kind of Game Freaks fault, they could have added lots of Pokémon, Whitney could of had something like a Teddiursa, Giraffarig, a Snubbull or a Furret, but instead the just give her a Clefairy and Miltank, they could have added lots of Pokemon to her team.

Clair is probably the biggest problem at the minute, because of the lack of Pokemon that are Dragon type in the PokeDex, it will be difficult to give her a decent team, they only possible options she could have would be Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Kingdra and Gyarados. They could add Dratini, but they wouldn't because it's a pre-evo, they would definatly add Dragonair, and obviously Kingdra, I think they should add Gyarados, simply because it has some many Dragon like qualities, and I'm sure that if Gyarados had three types, it would Dragon/Water/Flying. Obviously it isn't, but many of you would understand.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Whitney should definitly get Tauros, or Girafarig, or even Ursarang!

Clair should get T-tar, totally. Just slap Dragon Pulse on it and Vwoalala! It's dragon-y enough, right?

Thats the problem with Clair, there aren't enough Dragon pokes for her.
They could give her Dragonite, but that would be wrong, as Dragonite is Lance's star Pokemon and his main, just like Pikachu is Ash's.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Whitney should definitly get Tauros, or Girafarig, or even Ursarang!

Clair should get T-tar, totally. Just slap Dragon Pulse on it and Vwoalala! It's dragon-y enough, right?

A lot of the pokemon you suggested seem a little too strong for their respective gym leaders. I don't know about Tauros, though. I'd prefer Granbull, personally.

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Not only is it wrong, Arceus, but I doubt the gym will be at the right level for her to get a dragonite. Unless they want to give her a pretty hacked dragonite, it probably wont happen.

The only thing they really can do is give her maybe one dragon looking type and changing their movesets with some newer dragon attacks.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Or give her a team with pokemon that have dragon moves, dragon like qualities (At a minimum) and could be at levels 46-50.

They'll have to pull out a Volkner this time again. Just like Volkner had a Charge Beam Octillery and Flint, a Fire Punch Lopunny, Clair may have a, say, Outrage+Dragon Dance Lapras and Lance, an Outrage Ampharos.

(Seriously, Ampharos is an awesome pokémon, why the hell no in-game trainer had one in GSC?)

Araleon

Chill
^^ Actually, that would be kinda cool. I can see Clair with a Lapras, and Ampharos is awesome.

On the subject of Lance, maybe we'll see him with an Arbok? I say Arbok because it's in the Dragon Egg group. That Egg group would be a good loophole to give him some good Pokemon besides Dragonite. Obviously he'll keep Charizard, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, and Gyarados. It's likely he'll also have a Dragonair/nite, and then end the team with Arbok/Ampharos?

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I could see Whitney having a Granbull. I think that would work. But Clair over there....wow that's a mess.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I could see Whitney having a Granbull. I think that would work. But Clair over there....wow that's a mess.

I don't think that Whitney suits Granbull, I think she would look better with a Furret or Stantler, mabye even a Meowth/Persian

in the pre release pics for the gym it says unknown gym. I think that's black thorn because I had the original gold and silver and that's the only gym with lava I've seen.

Qwizmaster

Pokemon Trainer
Gyms:
Falkner: Pidgey lv.12, Hoothoot lv.12, Pidgeotto lv.15 (He had an under-leveld Pidgeotto before, so why not again?)
TM: Aerial Ace
Bugsy: Butterfree lv.15, Scyther lv.17, Heracross lv.20
TM: Silver Wind
Whitney: Jigglypuff lv.22, Clefairy lv.23, Miltank lv.26
TM: Return
Morty: Gastly lv.24, Misdreavus lv.25, Haunter lv.27, Gengar lv.28
TM: Shadow Claw
Chuck: Primeape lv.31, Poliwrath lv.33, Hitmontop lv.35
TM: Brick Break
Jasmine: Magnemite lv.33, Magneton lv.37, Steelix lv.39
TM: Gyro Ball
Pryce: Seel lv.40, Swinub lv.41, Dewgong lv.43, Piloswine lv.44
TM: Blizzard
Clair: Seadra lv.45, Dragonair lv.46, Dragonair lv.45, Kingdra lv.50
TM: Dragon Pulse

Brock: Golem lv.52, Sudowoodo lv.53, Rhydon lv.54, Hippowdon lv.56
Misty: Golduck lv.55, Gastrodon lv.57, Politoed lv.56, Starmie lv.57, Gyrados lv.59
Lt. Surge: Manetric lv.61, Raichu lv.63, Electivire lv.64
Erika: Jumpluff lv.63, Tangrowth lv.63 Vileplume lv.62, Bellossom lv.64
Janine: Crobat lv.65, Ariados lv.64, Weezing lv.65, Venomoth lv.64, Nidoqueen lv.65
Sabrina: Espeon lv.65, Mr. Mime lv.66, Gardevoir lv.67, Alakazam lv.70
Blaine: Magcargo lv.65, Flareon lv.66, Rapidash lv.66, Magmortar lv.68
Blue: Pidgeot lv.70, Umbreon lv.72, Gyrados lv.72, Arcanine lv.73, Breloom lv.72, Rhyperior lv.75

Elite 4:
Will: Xatu lv.50, Exeggutor lv.51, Slowking lv.53 , Jynx lv52, Xatu lv.54
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Xatu lv.64, Exeggutor lv.63, Slowking lv.64, Gardevoir lv.65, Gallade lv.66
Koga: Ariados lv.51 , Forretress lv.53, Muk lv.52, Venomoth lv.53, Crobat lv.56
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Ariados lv.62, Forretress lv.64, Venomoth lv.64, Skuntank lv.65, Crobat lv.67
Bruno: Hitmontop lv.55, Hitmonlee lv.54, Hitmonchan lv.54, Steelix lv.53, Machamp lv.57
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Hitmontop lv.65, Machamp lv.67, Steelix lv.62, Hariyama lv.62, Lucario lv.68
Karen: Umbreon lv.54, Sneasel lv.53, Murkrow lv.52, Gengar lv.56, Houndoom lv.58
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Umbreon lv.65, Weavile lv.66, Honchkrow lv.65, Tyrannitar lv.66, Houndoom lv.63
Lance: Gyrados lv.56, Dragonair lv.53, Kingdra lv.54, Aerodactyl lv.57, Charizard lv.58, Dragonite lv.60
Post-Nat Dex Rematch: Gyrados lv.67, Kingdra lv.66, Dragonite lv.68, Dragonite lv.71, Garchomp lv.69

Red: Pikachu lv.80, Venusaur lv.82, Charizard lv.85, Blastoise lv.83, Gliscor lv.84, Heracross lv.83

Me like this ^

o_0

Herbalist
The Ampharos for Lance is an interesting idea. It gives him much more of a diverse team instead of the repetition of Dragonite.

Pretty much ensured on Lance's team:
Dragonite
Aerodactyl
Gyarados
Charizard

Other candidates:
Ampharos (Outrage) - Would be interesting and diverse for his team.
Feraligatr (Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Outrage) - Able to learn two Dragon-type moves, although shares a type weakness with Gyarados.
Tyranitar (Dragon Claw, Outrage, Dragon Pulse) - Would be very cool and actually provide a challenge against him.
Steelix (Dragonbreath, Dragon Pulse) - Likely not as its already used on Jasmine's team.
Rhydon (Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush) - Maybe although I do think he should have more Johto-oriented Pokemon.
Lapras (Dragon Pulse) - Possible. But again I'd like to see something from Johto.
Kingdra - No. Claire's signature Pokemon.
Mantine (Twister) - Likely not, shares same type weaknesses as Gyarados.
Arcanine (Dragon Pulse) - Possible, but I'd much rather see it on Claire's team, as she will most likely be handing out the TM for Dragon Pulse.

And that's only if no other Pokemon is able to learn Dragon moves in HGSS.
If I missed anything, just add it on to the list.

EDIT: Added Arcanine.
EDIT: Feraligatr learns Outrage, too.

Last edited:

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
The Ampharos for Lance is an interesting idea. It gives him much more of a diverse team instead of the repetition of Dragonite.

Pretty much ensured on Lance's team:
Dragonite
Aerodactyl
Gyarados
Charizard

Other candidates:
Ampharos (Outrage) - Would be interesting and diverse for his team.
Feraligatr (Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse) - Able to learn two Dragon-type moves, although shares a type weakness with Gyarados.
Tyranitar (Dragon Claw, Outrage, Dragon Pulse) - Would be very cool and actually provide a challenge against him.
Steelix (Dragonbreath, Dragon Pulse) - Likely not as its already used on Jasmine's team.
Rhydon (Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush) - Maybe although I do think he should have more Johto-oriented Pokemon.
Lapras (Dragon Pulse) - Possible. But again I'd like to see something from Johto.
Kingdra - No. Claire's signature Pokemon.
Mantine (Twister) - Likely not, shares same type weaknesses as Gyarados.

And that's only if no other Pokemon is able to learn Dragon moves in HGSS.
If I missed anything, just add it on to the list.

I'd really like to see him have Tyranitar. I think it fits with Dragonite, and it just suits him I guess D:

Plus it has the most dragon moves out of all of those.

megaman12

Not Happy
I'd really like to see him have Tyranitar. I think it fits with Dragonite, and it just suits him I guess D:

Plus it has the most dragon moves out of all of those.

You are right it does suits him.Tyranitar is like the dragon of johto.Also We need to see Tyranitar since they only way you saw one was by having one in g/s/c and lance with one will solve that problem.