• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Why GF?

The first gym leader of the Johto region has 0 Johto Pokemon on it's team.

If Bugsy's roster is Butterfree/Beedrill/Scyther, that's retarded (well at least not as dumb like if they even didn't evolve the cocoons xDDDD)

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
No attacking FLYING move... Maybe roost.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
@Ryuusei
Silver wind seems more suiting for Bugsy to me. U-turn is buyable in DPt (it's more common)

Falkner (Roost)
-Pidgey ;016; lv.9 Hoothoot is well covered by Bellsprouts final sage
-Pidgeotto ;017; lv.13
Bugsy (Silver Wind)
-Yanma ;193; lv.15 cocoons are idiotic for a gym leaders team and wheres the Johto pokemon?
-Ledian ;166; lv.17 Koga gets Ariados, while noone used Ledian in GSC
-Scyther ;123; lv.17
Whitney (Attract)
-Clefairy ;035; lv.19
-Granbull ;210; lv.21 seems quite suiting
-Miltank ;241; lv.22
Morty (Shadow Ball)
-Haunter ;093; lv.24
-Misdreavus ;200; lv.24 for many thousands of obvious reasons
-Gengar ;094; lv.26
Chuck (Focus Punch)
-Primeape ;057; lv.28
-Heracross ;214; lv.30 Its a fighting Pokemon and at the same time one from Johto! Yet noone used it o_O
-Poliwrath ;062; lv.32
Jasmine (Iron Tail)
-Magneton ;082; lv.34 Magnemites at 6th gym?? Wattson is third and has a Magneton...
-Skarmory ;227; lv.35 Perfect and unused!
-Steelix ;208; lv.36
Pryce (Hail)
-Delibird ;225; lv.38 why give him 2 pokemon of the same line if there's this guy? xD
-Dewgong ;087; lv.40
-Cloyster ;091; lv.40 he badly needs a fourth Pokemon as 7th gym
-Mamoswine ;473; lv.41
Claire (Dragon Pulse)
-Dragonair ;148; lv.43
-Lapras ;131; lv.43 A bit unusual, but quite fitting (and absolutely better than a third Dragonair)
-Dragonair ;148; lv.44
-Kingdra ;230; lv.46

Will
-Xatu ;178; lv.50
-Exeggutor ;103; lv.51
-Girafarig ;203; lv.51Get this Psychic Johto Poke instead of having 2 of the same species
-Jynx ;124; lv.52
-Slowking ;199; lv.54Slowpoke gets an alternate evolution and they give this guy a Slowbro?? Now that's a bit stupid.
Koga
-Ariados ;168; lv.51
-Forretress ;205; lv.52
-Muk ;089; lv.53
-Venusaur ;003; lv.53 Lance gets the fire Kanto starter, are the other 2 less important? )=
-Crobat ;169; lv.55
Bruno
-Hitmontop ;237; lv.53
-Hitmonlee ;106; lv.53
-Hitmonchan ;107; lv.53
-Onix ;095; lv.52
-Machamp ;068; lv.57
Karen
-Umbreon ;197; lv.56
-Murkrow ;198; lv.55
-Sneasel ;215; lv.55
-Houndoom ;229; lv.57
-Tyranitar ;248; lv.59 Hell yeah! If Drake can have Salamence, then Karen can have a Tyranitar, especially considering she uses a Murkrow...
Lance
-Gyarados ;130; lv.58
-Blastoise ;009; lv.57 all Kanto starters deserve the same amount of attention )=
-Aerodactyl ;142; lv.58
-Dragonite ;149; lv.60
-Charizard ;006; lv.58
-Dragonite ;149; lv.62

Last edited:

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Lance doesn't deserve blastoise as much as Koga with Venusaur...

koga never used any grass while blastoise is more to water and far away from dragon

Skirgedot

I'm going to go eat a hat now. You were right about Falkner.

Red's roster IS different, but if ALL the Johto gym leaders keep the same Pokemon? I'll eat a boot.

Naaah np.

I was wrong about the levels, so we're 50:50 lol :p
Just that makes me feel now happy because it at least have raised the challenge like I wanted to.

Let's see what happens next. I can see them getting rid of Gastly but Morty is still a little far away.

AceTrainerRO

Snow Cloak Abuser
I think Bugsy will give out U-turn. Just because I don't think it's a good idea to give out a TM of 5 PP (Silver Wind) in the beginning.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Naaah np.

I was wrong about the levels, so we're 50:50 lol :p
Just that makes me feel now happy because it at least have raised the challenge like I wanted to.

Let's see what happens next. I can see them getting rid of Gastly but Morty is still a little far away.

...yeah...maybe they only raise level a bit..and only switch some gym like DP to Platinum

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I heard Bugsy finally got that surgergy. Pokebeach confirms him as a SHE
Poor 'ol androgynous Bugsy....

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Bugsy has a level 15 Metapod, level 15 Kakuna, and level 17 Scyther. Each of them are one level higher than the original games. It is currently unknown what TM he gives out. There are no Johto Pokemon on the Gym Leader teams so far, just like the original games. Note: Bugsy is a guy, even though he looks like a girl. It doesn't help that 4Kids gave him a girlish voice too. Are they purposefully trying to confuse us?

Do you thing they might do this like pokemon Sinnoh use in DP and Platinum

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I was joking. GAMEFREAK would never do something so hilariously disturbing