• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Quagsire13

They should definitly make the Elite Four go up levels, but I imagine the reason they are lowering the levels is because you have to battle the Kanto gym leaders after, and they dont want you to have a level 100 pokemon defeating everyone of there pokemon.

Maetch

So far, it's all the same rosters with a bit of level tweaking.

Personally, you'd think Bugsy would choose WAY better Bug-types than those worthless cocoons.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
The only problem are the cocoons, the levels don't matter.

But hey, Kakuna/Metapod can learn Bug Bite! Iron Defense! Kakuna can Poison Sting you, and you know, almost every time, you are poisoned. Then you have Scyther with incredible Attack... Not bad?

~Ledyba;165;

Tyridium

COD fan
the cacoons are a problem, should have spinarak and ledyba instead,
i'm not liking the return of the under lv pidgeotto again, even if it is 4 levels higher.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
lol I guess so,
ok, NEW SPEC.

Chuck

Primeape lv30
Poliwrath lv31

Jasmine

Magnemite lv32
Magneton lv32
Steelix lv34

Pryce

Seel lv36
Dewgong lv36
Piloswine lv39

Claire

Dragonair lv40
Seadra? lv39
Dragonair lv41
Kingdra lv41

now for E4...
Personally I think now that the Leaders are being reduced slightly to Improve Pryce...

Will

Xatu lv42
Slowbro lv42
Jynx lv43
The Egg One lv43
Xatu lv44

Koga

Ariados lv45
Venomoth lv44
Crobat lv45
Forretress lv44
Muk? lv46

Bruno

Onix lv47
Hitmonlee lv46
Hitmonchan lv46
Hitmontop lv46 (no dig please)
Machamp lv48

Karen

Sneasel lv47
Gengar lv47
Umbreon lv48
Pupitar lv48
Houndoom lv50

Lance

Gyarados lv53
Aerodactly lv54
Dragonite lv50
Dragonite lv50
Charizard lv52
Dragonite lv58

Cracked (H)
I think it's setting up Pryce personally and also making room for slight E4 Improvements

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
Serebii says Red is back with a slightly different roster.

OMG RED HAS RAICHUU!!

What do you guys think?

~Ledyba;165;

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Morty's team remains the same, don't think there's any changes.

lolbtw hacked Haunter, who were the tards saying there were no 'hacked level' pokes in the game.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!

OMG RED HAS RAICHUU!!

What do you guys think?

~Ledyba;165;

Probably some Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon.

With so many legendaries and starters, Legendary birds and Mewtwo coming back, i was sure this was something far better than any remake. Now with the gym rosters, i feel like murdering Gamefreak. I'd be even more furious if they dont change the gym leader's pokemon.
Now that i remember, Jasmine was confirmed to have three pokemon. It'll probably be Magnemite, Magneton and Steelix and if Gamefreak is even more evil, she'll have two Magnemites like last time....

lol so much hype for the game turns out to be a mass hating spree.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
This "hating spree" is a bit unecessary. Gym leaders in FRLG did not have different Pokemon from their Generation I rosters. Besides, some of the HGSS changes make the game harder. U-Turn from Scyther hurts far more than Fury Cutter at the game's early stage.

There is still a likelihood of gym rematches, particularly with the Trainer House being a rather empty facility in GSC. That building or any other random one could serve like a Battleground. Even just the Johto leaders offering rematches would be sufficient for me.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
I THINK CHUCK HAS PRIMEAPE LV.27 AND POLIWRATH LV.30!!!!!

~Ledyba;165;

OMG RED HAS RAICHUU!!

What do you guys think?

~Ledyba;165;

I don't think so, I think he has his Manga team this time round. :D

Venusaur Lvl. 84
Pikachu Lvl. 86
Poliwrath Lvl. 85
Aerodactyl Lvl.81
Gyarados Lvl. 83
Snorlax Lvl. 82

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
I don't think so, I think he has his Manga team this time round. :D

Venusaur Lvl. 84
Pikachu Lvl. 86
Poliwrath Lvl. 85
Aerodactyl Lvl.81
Gyarados Lvl. 83
Snorlax Lvl. 82

Maybe. How about the idea of Blue/Green having Venusaur, Leaf/Blue/Green having Blastoise and Red having Charizard?

~Ledyba;165;

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I THINK CHUCK HAS PRIMEAPE LV.27 AND POLIWRATH LV.30!!!!!

~Ledyba;165;

It seems highly probable that the majority of the other Gym Leaders will be the same in levels (though Janine should definitely be upgraded; the 13th Gym Leader with a Lv. 39 Venomoth as her strongest is ridiculous). Pryce also deserves a boost.

Whitney was probably downgraded one level due to the Ilex Forest and Route 34 being the only necessary training points between Bugsy and her. Falkner got a boost so Pidgeotto could use Quick Attack, necessary for it to be threatening. Bugsy's upgrade was definitely meant to allow for Bug Bite. If a level boost will not benefit the other leaders like it did for the first two than they are highly likely to stay the same.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
It seems highly probable that the majority of the other Gym Leaders will be the same in levels (though Janine should definitely be upgraded; the 13th Gym Leader with a Lv. 39 Venomoth as her strongest is ridiculous). Pryce also deserves a boost.

Whitney was probably downgraded one level due to the Ilex Forest and Route 34 being the only necessary training points between Bugsy and her. Falkner got a boost so Pidgeotto could use Quick Attack, necessary for it to be threatening. Bugsy's upgrade was definitely meant to allow for Bug Bite. If a level boost will not benefit the other leaders like it did for the first two than they are highly likely to stay the same.

My post was sarcasm...

~Ledyba;165;

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
My post was sarcasm...

~Ledyba;165;

I am sorry. I could not detect it. Anyway, I just thought my comments about levels might be useful so that it could be generally understood how GameFreak was thinking when it determined the levels.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Predictions...sigh

Chuck:

Primeape lv. 27
Poliwrath lv.30

Jasmine:

Magnemite lv. 30
Magneton lv. 30
Steelix lv. 33

Pryce:

Seel lv. 34
Dewgong lv. 34
Piloswine lv. 36

Clair:

Dragonair lv. 37
Dragonair lv. 37
Dragonair lv. 37
Kingdra lv. 40

bull

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
I am sorry. I could not detect it. Anyway, I just thought my comments about levels might be useful so that it could be generally understood how GameFreak was thinking when it determined the levels.

Haha, its OK.

~Ledyba;165;

Skirgedot

Yeah, the only hope now is that they have evolved one of those magnemites. I find it, like, impossible, but how hey....

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
You people are whining too much. They didn't change much of the Gym Leader rosters in FRLG (if I'm not wrong), what did you guys expect?