• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Raikaria

You will obey!
Well aside from the games appearing to be semi-epic fails in terms of what the fans wanted, namely, the level boosts, and the return of the Hacked Levels, last seen in RSE (Winona's Altaria).

My predictions:

Chuck:
Lv 27 Primeape
Lv 30 Poliwrath

Jasmine:
Lv 30 Magnemite x2 (Well all know if Bugsy's Caccons didn't evolve, a Magnemite evolving won't happen either)
Lv 32 Steelix

Pryce:
Lv 32 Swinub
Lv 32 Seel
Lv 33 Piloswine

Come on, we all knowe that'll happen again -_-

Clair:
Lv 38 Dragonair x3
Lv 42 Kingdra

I think that's more or less what it was origionally. It's not gonna change, except up/down a level.

StormNO

Well aside from the games appearing to be semi-epic fails in terms of what the fans wanted, namely, the level boosts, and the return of the Hacked Levels, last seen in RSE (Winona's Altaria).

My predictions:

Chuck:
Lv 27 Primeape
Lv 30 Poliwrath

Jasmine:
Lv 30 Magnemite x2 (Well all know if Bugsy's Caccons didn't evolve, a Magnemite evolving won't happen either)
Lv 32 Steelix

Pryce:
Lv 32 Swinub
Lv 32 Seel
Lv 33 Piloswine

Clair:
Lv 38 Dragonair x3
Lv 42 Kingdra

I think that's more or less what it was origionally. It's not gonna change, except up/down a level.

i dont see this game as a epic fail

why compain when I can get so many legands?

;355;

Plat was kinda of a epic fail(GOD I HATE THAT WORD)

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh

My predictions:

Chuck:
Lv 27 Primeape
Lv 30 Poliwrath

Jasmine:
Lv 32 Steelix

Pryce:
Lv 32 Swinub
Lv 32 Seel
Lv 33 Piloswine

Clair:
Lv 38 Dragonair x3
Lv 42 Kingdra

*Steals*

I think that Chuck might gain a Machop (which would be cool), Jasmine may be a evel or two higher and Pryce needs a major buff. Like, Mamuswine or something :eek: Clair might be buffed a little too, depending on E4 levels :|

I hope the whole game is more difficult this time around, hence I want stronger leaders and E4 etc :)

mudkipzz

Pryce was actually where the problem existed in gold and silver.

ALL the gym levels were fine until him, he was quite simply, 10 levels too low.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Pryce was actually where the problem existed in gold and silver.

ALL the gym levels were fine until him, he was quite simply, 10 levels too low.

And judging on the levels of gyms we've seen so far, it will probably stay that way. It really stinks that the main thing we wanted was higher leveled rosters and what do we get? The same for most and one even having lower levels (Whitney). It may only be one lower, but that was a key thing we wanted to happen.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm highly surprised that Falkner's Pidgey is a whole four levels lower than the Pidgeotto.

Personally, I didn't really expect them to give the Gyms a so-called "makeover," if you will.

xdanx

i dont see this game as a epic fail

why compain when I can get so many legands?

;355;

Plat was kinda of a epic fail(GOD I HATE THAT WORD)

Well, so many legends = EPIC fail, this is not Platinum, it's a remake, they shouldn't ruin the games this way -.- I hate legend-lovers noobs that caused this to happen.

And judging on the levels of gyms we've seen so far, it will probably stay that way. It really stinks that the main thing we wanted was higher leveled rosters and what do we get? The same for most and one even having lower levels (Whitney). It may only be one lower, but that was a key thing we wanted to happen.

That's just the first battle, it's obvious we'll be able to battle them again, just like all the new games.

mudkipzz

You missed my point

All the levels being the same was fine... up until Pryce. If Gamefreak keeps all the levels the same but increases Pryce and everyone after, then all the levels will be fine and fit perfectly.

It was his low levels that killed the whole thing

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well, so many legends = EPIC fail, this is not Platinum, it's a remake, they shouldn't ruin the games this way -.- I hate legend-lovers noobs that caused this to happen.

That's just the first battle, it's obvious we'll be able to battle them again, just like all the new games.

Never thought about the re-battles. Hopefully all the gyms will be in the 50's and 60's by then. That would really make up for the lower levels. And plus, it would make the game last longer.

Quebert

This game just hit a major blow. All the legends, the Safari Zone, Gym makeovers, and BF were great news until we find the one thing we want to change most stayed the same.

GF owes us gym leader rematches.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
You missed my point

All the levels being the same was fine... up until Pryce. If Gamefreak keeps all the levels the same but increases Pryce and everyone after, then all the levels will be fine and fit perfectly.

It was his low levels that killed the whole thing

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I still think the others are a little underleveled though. I agree with pryce though. I mean really the same levels as Jasmine? I thought that gym leaders usually go up about 5-10 levels as you progress.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
maybe the re-battles will be from lvl 50 to 70, that's just my guess though.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
maybe the re-battles will be from lvl 50 to 70, that's just my guess though.

Oh, man that would be great! I see no purpose of re-battling Kanto though. If there levels are high enough, you shouldn't have to. It would make sense to focus on rebattling in the original region you started in.

Quebert

I want Kanto rematches too, but not a big level diference between them and originals

It helps for training

Nebbio

NINJA!
Here we go.

Lt. Surge: TM Charge Beam
Electrode Lvl 52
Jolteon Lvl 53
Raichu Lvl 54
Electrvive Lvl 53

Erika: TM Giga Drain
Leafeon: Lvl 53
Vileplume: Lvl 53
Tangrowth Lvl 55
Ludicolo: Lvl 54

Sabrina: TM Psychic
Alakazam Lvl 54
Brongzong Lvl 55

Janine: TM Sludge Bomb
Nidoqueen Lvl 55
Arbok Lvl 57
Victreebell Lvl 58
Roserade Lvl 56

Misty: TM Brine
Politoad Lvl 54
Corsola Lvl 56
Starmie Lvl 57
Golduck Lvl 58

Brock: TM Earthquake
Golem Lvl 57
Swampert Lvl 55 ( Based on the anime)
Sudowoodo Lvl 58
Onix/Steelix Lvl 59
Omastar Lvl 55 ( Stronger than Kaboutops)

Blain: TM Overheat
Ninetails Lvl 56
Rapidash Lvl 59
Magmortar Lvl 60
Camerupt Lvl 58
Torkal Lvl 57

Blue/Green: TM Flash Cannon
Pidgeot Lvl 58
Gyarados Lvl 59
Alakazam Lvl 60
Rhydon Lvl 59
Arcanine Lvl 61

mudkipzz

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I still think the others are a little underleveled though. I agree with pryce though. I mean really the same levels as Jasmine? I thought that gym leaders usually go up about 5-10 levels as you progress.

Actually, Pryce's highest Pokemon is 4 levels lower than Jasmine. If they fix that, I don't care if Morty is under-levelled.

People also need to stop saying "All the gym rosters suck, they're all the same and are still low". You haven't even see each roster yet, if you just see the first two you're busy celebrating how the gym leaders have increased levels.

Just wait for the whole thing, and if the rosters are still bad, then suck it up and deal with it instead of whining

goldgolem

tell me when to go
Oh, man that would be great! I see no purpose of re-battling Kanto though. If there levels are high enough, you shouldn't have to. It would make sense to focus on rebattling in the original region you started in.

if there was re-battles in the game though,still no confirmation, but if there was re-battles for kanto gym leaders, then i'd guess their pokemon would be between lvl 70 and 90. :p

Charmageddon

I really hope Chuck has a Heracoss. A Fighting-type gym leader and Elite Four member in the same game, and neither of them had a Heracross, despite it being one of only three fighting-types introduced in that generation. Chuck needs both a major boost and a Johto element to his team, and Heracross provides it. But apparently GameFreak/Nintendo are either complete morons or s**t-scared of change, so it probably won't happen.

Pryce needs a better team, but there weren't many Ice-types back then, and Will has stolen Jynx, and Silver (and perhaps Karen) have Sneasel. Perhaps Piloswine, Dewgong and Mamoswine? Powerful pokemon, but only three pokes at the 7th gym makes it acceptable. A Glaceon is also quite possible. Actually, Glaceon would suit him well, that's a good idea.

I'd love for Jasmine to have a Forretress or maybe a Skarmory alongside Steelix and Magneton, but again that seems unlikely (grr). The best we can hope for is that both the Magnemites evolved.

As for Clair... she's kinda screwed by having only four dragons to choose from - three being from the same evolutionary line, and already Lance's signature line. I guess we'll have to have two Dragonair, though she should NOT have three. Then there's her Kingdra. Maybe Gyrados? Again, used by Lance. Onix and Steelix and kinda draconic. But Bruno and Jasmine have them. Dunsparce sucks, but it's not used by anyone else, and could basically be a weak-ish support pokemon along with a Seadra, bringing her roster to a more respectable five. Still, I guess we'll still be forced to endure three Dragonair again....

The Elite Four are actually OK when it comes to rosters, it's just the levels that badly need boosting. Will should have Espeon instead of a second Xatu, and Slowking fits him better than Slowbro. Bruno's Onix should evolve. Scizor fits Koga much better than Forretress, he's very ninja. Karen needs to lose her Gengar, Snesel/Weavile could fill that role, and Murkrow should evolve. I'd say Lance should have something other than one of his Dragonites, but I can't really think of anything other than Kingdra, Clair's signature pokemon. Yanmega would be pretty cool I suppose, being a dragon-fly, and evolving from a Johto pokemon (which none of Lance's team did before).

I won't even start naming Kanto's gym rosters, because they need serious work and I have to go now. I'm just gonna say that they all need full teams of six, and levels AT LEAST over level 50. Blue's Rhydon should either become a Rhyperior or Tyranitar, but otherwise he's alright. Everyone else's team needs a complete overhaul. Apparently Red's roster changes, but I'm not sure how. The four Kanto starters will stay for sure, and Snorlax was a beast, so he'll stay. Maybe Espeon will be switched for something more powerful, maybe a Tyranitar.

Silver - A final roster of Starter, Weavile, Magnezone, Gengar, Crobat and Alakazam is pretty good, but I'd rather switch Gengar and Alakazam for something else, as Gengar is already used by Morty and Karen, and Alakazam by Blue and Sabrina. Perhaps Espeon and Umbreon, or maybe Tyranitar is involved. (SOMEBODY needs to have Tyranitar! :p)

Just my thoughts. :)