• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gym Leaders / Elite Four Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Hey well its not a revamp its a remake and trust me there probably will be rematches and jus cuz the rosters aren't great. Doesn't mean the game isnt great dong going judgin when you don't have the game. :/
Tweaking gym rosters is not a revamp. It can still be a remake

As long as there are rematches with the gym leaders and Elite 4, and high levels in Cerulean Cave and Mt. Silver, I'll be fine.

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
The levels.... they're too low....

Chuck
lv. 29 Primeape
lv. 32 Poliwrath

Jasmine
lv. 30 magnemite
lv. 30 Skarmory (PLEASE!)
lv. 33 Steelix

Pryce
lv. 34 Dewgong
lv. 35 Delibird
lv. 35 Sneasel
lv. 37 Piloswine

Clair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 40 Gyarados
lv. 42 Kingdra

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy

Chuck
lv. 29 Primeape
lv. 32 Poliwrath

Jasmine
lv. 30 magnemite
lv. 33 Steelix

Pryce
lv. 34 Dewgong
lv. 35 Delibird
lv. 35 Sneasel
lv. 37 Piloswine

Clair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 40 Gyarados
lv. 42 Kingdra

no, I stand by my original post, Chuck and Jasmine were low because of Pryce, I know what I was thinking D:

Skirgedot

Chuck
lv. 29 Primeape
lv. 32 Poliwrath

Jasmine
lv. 30 magnemite
lv. 33 Steelix

Pryce
lv. 34 Dewgong
lv. 35 Delibird
lv. 35 Sneasel
lv. 37 Piloswine

Clair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 39 Dragonair
lv. 40 Gyarados
lv. 42 Kingdra

People keep doing this? Well, the hope is the last one to die lol.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
Yeah besides, I'm currently Stressing the point that Whitney's levels were lowered by one to Balence the Game out for Mahogony Town as a whole

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Yeah besides, I'm currently Stressing the point that Whitney's levels were lowered by one to Balence the Game out for Mahogony Town as a whole

..atleast They could just mess around with the 3rd and 4th gym while making it extremely hard in later gyms...

I think even though they are low level..they are hard to battle since we kinda get late info on them

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
I reckon Pryce will be the only one with a major buff. Maybe clair a little, and wit would be nice to have a little bit stronger E4 too.

But then again, I don't care what they have. As long as my pokemon grow relative to theirs (and maybe be slower) I'll be happy :)

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
lol inorite?
anyway, Gym Spec. Update, I know I keep changing but OMG ITS SO FUN!!

Chuck

Primeape lv30
Poliwrath lv32

Jasmine

Magnemite lv32
Magneton lv32
Steelix lv34

Pryce

Seel lv35
Dewgong lv36
Piloswine lv37

Claire

Dragonair lv38
Seadra lv40
Dragonair lv38
Kingdra lv 42

Why continue. it's obvious we're still going to have the same. Exact. Teams.

You can't just wild pokemon if you need extra exprience

That's not even remotely the point. From RBGY to FR/LG, the number of Pokemon in each rosters was a good fit. All they had to do was up the levels. but now, we're giving two Pokemon to a 4th gen gym leader? If GSC was updated into 3rd Gen standards, the rosters would be out of place. Now we're in advanced 4th gen Standards and they stand out even more.

GSC was in desparate need of a makeover, but it was also in need of fixes. Unfortunately for some fans, they traded in fixes for running competitions.

Hey well its not a revamp its a remake and trust me there probably will be rematches and jus cuz the rosters aren't great. Doesn't mean the game isnt great dong going judgin when you don't have the game. :/

Then FR/LG was a revamp, not a remake. The rosters changed (level-wise of course, but that is still change nonetheless.) Also, I don't think anyone complaining about what should be complained about is saying they won't play the game.

Yeah..When I complain I was said to much whining..so
If you things the game is suck..just don't play the damn game

It's funny when people complain about something you think is fine, they're whining.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
FR/LG not being a remake is quiet laughable. I guess the sevii islands mean nothing. A Revamp would mean FR/LG was exactly the same with new colors. It wasn't.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
Why continue. it's obvious we're still going to have the same. Exact. Teams.

That's not even remotely the point. From RBGY to FR/LG, the number of Pokemon in each rosters was a good fit. All they had to do was up the levels. but now, we're giving two Pokemon to a 4th gen gym leader? If GSC was updated into 3rd Gen standards, the rosters would be out of place. Now we're in advanced 4th gen Standards and they stand out even more.

GSC was in desparate need of a makeover, but it was also in need of fixes. Unfortunately for some fans, they traded in fixes for running competitions.

Then FR/LG was a revamp, not a remake. The rosters changed (level-wise of course, but that is still change nonetheless.) Also, I don't think anyone complaining about what should be complained about is saying they won't play the game.

It's funny when people complain about something you think is fine, they're whining.

Maybe, I was concentrating more on Levels though
Magneton is just a Personaly Favourite

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
It was a remake, but a poor one at best.
"Poor" depends on what you mean. It was the first version with some pretty colors and add ons. Oh and some battle differences. GSC remake is about the same with more add ons and a superior battle system. Honestly I'm good. Besides all we know about the remakes now are what gyms and legends? Maybe once you see the full game I won't mind people nitpicking.
Seeing people nitpick rosters of gym leaders (johto only) and levels is the last thing I would expect. Then again I had one guy nitpick pokemon following you because it felt "slower" or something. Fans never cease to amaze.

Last edited:
"Poor" depends on what you mean. It was the first version with some pretty colors and add ons. Oh and some battle differences. GSC remake is about the same with more add ons and a superior battle system. Honestly I'm good. Besides all we know about the remakes now are what gyms and legends? Maybe once you see the full game I won't mind people nitpicking.
Seeing people nitpick rosters of gym leaders (johto only) and levels is the last thing I would expect. Then again I had one guy nitpick pokemon following you because it felt "slower" or something. Fans never cease to amaze.
FRLG hardly stood out in comparison to the third generation. In HGSS, we have a Battle Frontier, expanded Rocket plot and new executives, a Kimono Girls plot, Suicune moving to Kanto, etc. FRLG added what...? Some crappy islands and the crappy Trainer Tower?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
FRLG hardly stood out in comparison to the third generation. In HGSS, we have a Battle Frontier, expanded Rocket plot and new executives, a Kimono Girls plot, Suicune moving to Kanto, etc. FRLG added what...? Some crappy islands and the crappy Trainer Tower?
It's obvious the FR/LG was an experiment and it succeeded. So more then likely HGSS will be better. It has some new features even DP didn't have. What more can you add to a pokemon's story really? Just because a new remake is better does not make the old remake poor. As a remake it did it's job. HGSS just happen to build on it.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
It's obvious the FR/LG was an experiment and it succeeded. So more then likely HGSS will be better. It has some new features even DP didn't have. What more can you add to a pokemon's story really? Just because a new remake is better does not make the old remake poor. As a remake it did it's job. HGSS just happen to build on it.

First, we need to define our terminology.

REMAKE - something that has been done again, sometimes with better quality and more features.

REVAMP - repair or restore

With that, FR/LG and HG/SS are both remakes, yes. However, it should go without saying that a remake is typically filled with fixes and updates. All FR/LG and HG/SS got were new features. Not fixes, not upgrades, but new features. These games got makeovers when they needed do-overs. They sold out fixes for racing and ApriShakes and Hoenn starters.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So....the battle systems weren't upgrades at all? The barren kanto now has more legends to find with possible proper areas this time. Does this not count as a fix? Honestly it sounds like it to me. Oh lets not forget the missingno glitches and the cloning glitches are gone. Hey Mew glitch is gone too! It has fixes it has upgrades it has new areas. It's a remake. Not a new game with a new story. It has to base itself around the original. Deviating from it more then it has to would probably make more whiners then we already have.
And as an added bonus we can probably see the kanto badges now. Woo.

Last edited: